Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Question to the shroomery masses: Do you consider....
    #2835075 - 06/27/04 11:39 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

...Christianity the teachings of christ?

I dont.....and I'll explain why...with heavy research, facts, and a well established, unbiased opinion after I see your responses.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Question to the shroomery masses: Do you consider.... [Re: tekramrepus]
    #2835087 - 06/27/04 11:45 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

No. They are other people's interpretation of Christ's teachings, if Christ did, in fact, exist. There is no historical proof of this; it is merely a matter of faith for Christians.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Question to the shroomery masses: Do you consider.... [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #2835097 - 06/27/04 11:49 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Christ did exist...or at least a man named "Jesus" existed around the time the Bible says he existed. We know that much from other historical findings.

supermarket: No, Christianity is not the teachings of Christ....it is the religion that was built around the teachings of Christ. Big difference in the final product :wink:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Question to the shroomery masses: Do you consider.... [Re: trendal]
    #2835106 - 06/27/04 11:51 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Do more research.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#2835108 - 06/27/04 11:52 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Show me...if you've already done your own :wink:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
    #2835117 - 06/27/04 11:57 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Good replies.

Yes...christianity is mainly Saul's interpretation of Christ's teachings.

Jesus , the man never wrote a single thing that was put into the bible, as many of you know.

Also....the Romans edited and replaced much of the scripture, that they felt werent fit for the masses....or needed to be changed. I dont claim to know their intentions (although I can guess) but Jesus's teachings are certainly not portrayed in their entirety in the Bible.

Also....anytime you translate something from one language to another, you are going to lose some meaning. Anyone bilingual knows that, and can verify.

I will say honestly...Jesus was never jewish.....and came from a sort of "underground" sect of a commune called Essenes. There is much, much more to his teachings and life than the Oppresors of this world will have you believe.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#2835119 - 06/27/04 11:57 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

To make my point a little more clear: I'm not saying Jesus, as a literal figure from the Bible, necessarily existed...only that I'm fairly certain someone existed whom these stories (the Gospels) were written about.

--------------------

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
    #2835125 - 06/27/04 11:59 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Also, there is an overwhelming amount of evidence that supports the findings of MORE scriptures and gospels, which were selectively withheld from the Bible.

If you do your research, you can find out a lot.

Now....I have many OPINIONS also...if anyone wants to hear my opinions, I'll say them....but I'm holding the assumption that too many people might misread what I'm saying, and think I'm calling them fact.

I'd love to share my opinions about Jesus's teachings....and I don't claim for them to be fact, although in my Life they are.

Anyone interested?

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#2835132 - 06/28/04 12:02 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Definitely interested! I always welcome another viewpoint :wink:

Have you read the "Gospel of Thomas"?

I must admit, that's the only "withheld" document that I know of by name...though I'm quite certain there are many many others the Catholic Church doesn't talk about (and actually calls heresy).

--------------------

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
    #2835136 - 06/28/04 12:06 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

the essenes have a beautiful philosophy.

i believe it is something like: God is in the darkness and the light, however they saw what men turned towards the light did and didnt like it, so they embraced the darkness (not evil, just literal darkness.) that is where they saw the face of god, and what they made there prayers to.

am i correct on this? its been a while since i read about them, however i do like the idea in my memory.

response: the bible is a manufactured patriarches guidebook, to be read by the masses to keep the people who were/are in power in exactly the same place. imo

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Re: Question to the shroomery masses: Do you consider.... [Re: Todcasil]
    #2835148 - 06/28/04 12:13 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I actually have a physical copy of the Gospel of Thomas, but haven't read it completely yet, although I've read a lot :smile:

Here are some things I disagree with:

1) Jesus was a jew.
I Disagree. Both Mary and Joseph were thought to be Jewish, yet they were part of an Essene Community. The Essenes, both Northern and Southern, both rejected the "standard" old testament, and considered it corrupted by the Roman Authorities. They believed they had the ONLY ACCURATE Law of Moses, and that the first 5 books of the Old Testament had been edited and the true law removed, by the Romans.

So technically, they WERE jewish. However, I do not believe Jesus Christ was jewish. It was, indeed, the Pharisees, those who went strictly by the Jewish Old Testament, who critizied and attacked Jesus the most.

The Jewish officials rejected Christ, and considered him dangerous to their establishment.

His teachings were very different than that of the Old Testament. I do believe, that he followed the "TRUE" Teachings of Moses, and I do believe he used Judaism to relate to the disciples and other people.

He needed a common bridge (Judaism) to link him to other people, and so he used that, as it was their common religion.

2) Jesus died for our sins
Again, I highly disagree. I have read the Gospels of Mathew and John, and I believe what Mathew was talking about, if you actually read it, is much different. Jesus's death did not save anyone. I believe the importance of his death is that he was willing to give his life, in order that his seed (gospel) might be spread into the world. At any time, he could have avoided death, yet then the true message, and his true mission, would not have been complete. So I believe Thats the importance of his death. In a sense, he DID die for our sins. But he really only died to show us the way.

3) Jesus ate fish
Although it specifically says in the bible, that Jesus was to STRICTLY avoid, and NEVER partake of the eating of flesh, nor the drinking of strong drink....many christians believed that Jesus ate Fish. I disagree. I don't believe Jesus ever ate meat, or drank anything intoxicating (up until his crucifixtion) as this would have greatly effected his divine essence.

4) Jesus is the Son of God
Jesus's message was not that he was the "Son of God" in the way Christians like to believe. Rather, he was Christed (Annointed by Light). A Christed human is a divine one, and is influenced and aware of the Heavens, and not influenced by his lower chakras. What jesus had in the human form, everyone could have. Christians are taught that he was "special" and "greater" than us, that we cannot become him. IF you read the bible, it says differently. Whatever Jesus was beyond human form, I do not know. However, it was made very clear in the bible that "Any man who believes in my words, will go on to do greater deeds than I have, because I must go to my father".

The bible specifically mentions reincarnation (If you disagree....then I suppose you should re-read the part where Jesus explains to his discples that John The Baptist was Eliah (sp?) born again"

The concept of reincarnation was hidden IMHO.

Also....I believe Jesus taught and explained how to cure all illnesses...using Love...energy work....fasting....and prayer.

I believe some of his dangerous concepts (heaven on earth) were erased or skewed.....because the oppressers of this world wouldnt be able to hold control if those teachings made public.

Also....Read "Life of Saint Issa" if you guys get a chance. Its the buddhist view of Jesus's life and what he came here to do.

I dont believe he performed "miracles"....as in doing things out of thin air......whatever he did was done still according to the laws of the universe....but he knew how to create things with his hands...like no other human on this planet does (more brain power, more understanding, more capacity for Love)

These are just MY BELIEFS. DONT KILL ME!

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
    #2835153 - 06/28/04 12:15 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

By the way.

I still believe in the Bible, and love the book to death. Anyone who reads it with an open , loving heart...will certainly learn great lessons.

I am just claiming that it is not the complete life story, and teachings of the man you all know as Christ...nor an accurate description of him, and what he did.

I guess you can say the New Testament is a good introductory to jesus, but there is MUCH, MUCH, MUCH more about him.

I believe Jesus was a normal man like you and me, and Christ received him. Christ became born into him, through what he did.

However, I do believe this was meant to be, and destined to happen before he was born.

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
    #2835175 - 06/28/04 12:24 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

your point 4 really stuck out to me, ive always believed this, but have been chastized by my christian aquentances and by my old churches... even by some close friends. but you have a good perspective (lol, i only think that because its close to mine, how sad?) anyways, muy bueno.

peace

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Re: Question to the shroomery masses: Do you consider.... [Re: Todcasil]
    #2835245 - 06/28/04 12:42 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

thanks.

Im just trying to have conversation here :smile:

I dont claim to hold any truths!  I've just found out things according to my research , experience, and belief, that I want to share.

All I say I believe, but its just that, belief.....I certainly dont want anyone to be offended by what I've said.

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

#2835706 - 06/28/04 07:40 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

My friend, Rob, speaks highly of a book titled The Hidden Gospel. It explains likely flaws in Aramaic to Roman translation, and other interesting facts(?).

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#2836084 - 06/28/04 10:42 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

No. I believe Jesus was a great man, and taught many good things.......but Christianty today is the result of centuries of powerhungry elite changing the rules to suit their needs.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2836096 - 06/28/04 10:48 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

If Christians lived solely by the teachings of Christ, I'd have no problem with Christianity. Unfortunately, that asshole Paul had to ruin it for us.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#2836155 - 06/28/04 11:17 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Jesus did exsist, maybe not in the term of having a body but in the love in our hearts.
Many wise men many prophets and saints have blessed us with there presence.

Any one that has a reverence for life and lives to love, has a bit of Jesuses work in there soul.

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Re: Question to the shroomery masses: Do you consider.... [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #2836192 - 06/28/04 11:34 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

This is why I love shroomery.

Everyone has something to add, and it just completes this thread more and more.

You guys are truly awesome!

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#2836202 - 06/28/04 11:38 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

werd! "cough" I mean Ahmen!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds