Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePartyIntheUSA
Stranger
Looking for advice after a busted day
    #28349501 - 06/06/23 12:21 PM (9 months, 16 days ago)

I am 30 years old and a regular weed smoker. Literally smoke it most days. I have always wanted to try mushrooms but never really had the opportunity until recently. My buddy and I both did 2gs for our first time. I felt nothing while my buddy was having a great time. He felt numb all over but had no visuals. I ended up eating another 2g and still didn't feel much of anything. Time felt off and I did feel relaxed but nothing trippy with what should have came with 4g of shrooms. I wait a week and decide to try it again and eat 5g this time..... literally nothing. I get very hot and sweaty but that's about it. Was sweating very profusely inside my house and after an hour or so that stopped and I felt nothing.

After some initial research it seems like my SSRI could be impacting things. I take 20mg of Paxil daily and have for the last 5 years or so. Could Paxil really make that much of a difference with shrooms though? I get high as a kite smoking weed but felt quite robbed that shrooms didn't go anything for me.

Should I start out with an even larger dose or perhaps not take my paxil medicine the day before trying it again?

Any advice is appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDave Bowman
Albert Hoffmans Apprentice
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Your Imagination
Re: Looking for advice after a busted day [Re: PartyIntheUSA] * 2
    #28349584 - 06/06/23 01:24 PM (9 months, 16 days ago)

Paxil will absolutely mute/dull/diminish the experience quite a bit.  What you are experiencing is normal for people who take SSRIs. 

Cannabis doesn't work on serotonin receptors in your brain, but mushrooms and SSRIs do, so you wouldn't see a difference from getting high from cannabis use from taking Paxil.

If you've been taking them for 5 years you'll have quite a build up in your body and even not taking it for a day won't help as much as you think it would.

My wife takes an SSRI and has for about the same amount of time and she is unable to trip like how I do or how she used to be able to, even if she increases her dose to really crazy levels.

I would start by just taking more and see if that gets you where you want to be.  It's going to be an uphill battle and you'll never experience the full effects than if you never took SSRIs but you can definitely get to a point where you are "tripping" and experiencing more than you are now.

The SSRIs like Paxil bind to the serotonin receptors in your brain and block the psilocybin from binding to those same sites.  Basically a chemical cock block.  Try taking more next time but don't expect to have your mind blown on any tryptamines if you are taking SSRIs. :mushroom2:

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
Re: Looking for advice after a busted day [Re: PartyIntheUSA] * 1
    #28349981 - 06/06/23 06:54 PM (9 months, 16 days ago)

I recommend just doing more mushrooms, unless that doesn't work.

The combo of SSRIs and psychedelics is actually a pretty good one if you dose high enough to feel the psychedelics, but my only real experience when combining the two comes from LSD, so your milage may vary with mushrooms...

If it still doesn't work, she'll probably have to go off SSRIs for about 14 days before taking psychedelics, but I kinda don't recommend it. She's probably on them for a reason, and going off them isn't likely to put her in a good mindset to trip. It depends on how determined she is to trip, what she's willing to go through. It might not be worth it, or who knows maybe it will. Just depends on her.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate