Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineDr. Sporesly
Papa Smurf

Health check my agar plates
    #28346820 - 06/04/23 09:18 AM (10 months, 6 days ago)

Hey friends,

Have a few agar plates that seem pretty healthy to me but wanted a second opinion.

Inoculated on 5/18 (17 days ago) and had a little condensation so I knocked it off the lid, which fell onto the spores and scattered things around (hence the weird growth patterns)

Seems healthy to me,  bit fuzzy but doesn’t look like contamination. Anyone have thoughts or recommendations on which plates I should transfer?

Thanks all!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDr. Sporesly
Papa Smurf

Re: Health check my agar plates [Re: Dr. Sporesly]
    #28346999 - 06/04/23 11:56 AM (10 months, 6 days ago)

Bump if possible :smile:

Offlinedresh13
Myco Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Re: Health check my agar plates [Re: Dr. Sporesly]
    #28349752 - 06/06/23 03:25 PM (10 months, 4 days ago)

Did you inoculate with a MSS? If so the growth is typically scattered on the plate like that and will require one or more sub-transfers to achieve rhizomorphic growth it is not necessary to put to grain but it looks pretty.

Transfer off the plates with the strongest growth and take from the strongest sections. If you pour your own plates they are cheap so take many transfers and see which have the best macro morphology while still on a plate and run those

Also avoid the edges/walls of the dish as contaminants are most likely to be there

--------------------

[url=https://files.shroomery.org/files/23-23/608807915-IMG_20230502_112724.jpg]

OfflinePho
Long time lurker
I'm a teapot
Loc: Jamaica Flag
Re: Health check my agar plates [Re: dresh13]
    #28351760 - 06/08/23 08:02 AM (10 months, 3 days ago)

Pro tip: pour your agar at 125F and you won't have to worry about condensation :crazy2:

--------------------
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Blend it with OJ
To make it all worth while
Take it in and smile

OfflineDr. Sporesly
Papa Smurf

Re: Health check my agar plates [Re: Pho]
    #28358390 - 06/13/23 12:30 PM (9 months, 28 days ago)

Quote:

dresh13 said:
Did you inoculate with a MSS? If so the growth is typically scattered on the plate like that and will require one or more sub-transfers to achieve rhizomorphic growth it is not necessary to put to grain but it looks pretty.

Transfer off the plates with the strongest growth and take from the strongest sections. If you pour your own plates they are cheap so take many transfers and see which have the best macro morphology while still on a plate and run those

Also avoid the edges/walls of the dish as contaminants are most likely to be there

Correct, Jack Frost MSS. Growth is scattered because I knocked the condensation from the lid and it rolled into the original growth and moved it all around the plate :sad:

Quote:

Pho said:
Pro tip: pour your agar at 125F and you won't have to worry about condensation :crazy2:

Poured at ~120F based off sous vide and a heat gun, kinda weird. Just poured more plates at 116F, so we'll see how that goes :smile:

Quote:

fiddle_head said:
The presentation of the mycelium depends on alot of factors, including your agar recipe, genetics and environmental conditions. There's really no clear way to say why it's fuzzy, but it looks like cube myc to me. You might have enmeshed bacteria; best thing is take a transfer from the most uniform leading edge you can find. I'm not sure if the top two are overcompensating from interwoven bacteria or just strong growers.

I've pulled what I believe to be the highest performing, clean plates, and have marked up the image to show where I think is best to take the transfers from. I think Plate 1 and Plate 5 show the cleanest growth, but I'm not quite sure.

Would y'all be able to provide any guidance or approval to see if my sections are marked correctly before I transfer these guys in a bit?

Edited by Dr. Sporesly (06/13/23 12:31 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags