Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePetzRex
Stranger
 User Gallery
Exploring fractal imprisonment on Salvia * 2
    #28342400 - 05/31/23 07:32 PM (9 months, 22 days ago)

I'll just preface this by saying that this is without a doubt the strongest salvia experience I've ever had, smoked, quidded, or otherwise. I really think salvinorin A gets a bad rep, it is by far the most powerful and interesting drug I've ever tried, and can definitely produce some beautiful (albeit uncomfortable) experiences when used with care.

To begin with, one of my salvia cuttings was getting a bit unruly, so I cut a couple of the offshoots and trimmed the leaves, washed them and set them aside for later use (might as well). In total there were around 30 leaves of varying sizes, all of them had that velvety emerald sheen which I adore, such a gorgeous plant.

Come night time I propped the bundle of leaves on my bed and dimmed the lights. Took a swig of some strong mezcal and swirled it around my mouth to get blood flowing to the mucous membranes and numb my mouth a bit (anyone tried quidding after eating some miracle berries? Would be interesting). I started chowing down, taking rolled pairs of leaves one at a time and swallowing as soon as my mouth got too full. Halfway through the pile I started to feel the sweats, skin tingling, things were coming on fast.

As I swallowed the last quid I was beginning to feel the salvia take over and quite suddenly a wave of confusion swept me under. I could not grasp where I was, my bodily sensations got lost in a world very unlike our own and I could hardly distinguish where my boundaries ended and the rest of the world began. I felt like a shape, an infinitely complex rectangle, forever changing and morphing, bound to the surface of what I can only imagine were my bedsheets.

This sensation grew stronger as I continued to lose any notion of self. What am I? Where am I? Is this life? Is this how the universe really looks like? I kept asking these questions, feeling like the true nature of my being was unfolding before my eyes. Apparently, I existed as a shifting, swirling fractal, forever attempting to escape the infinite folds of the space to which it was bound. And every time I asked, wondered whether this was it, attempting to move, to regain a notion of self agency, all that happened was that this geometric entity changed shape, branched and recursively grew into an inescapable tornado of warping space.

As this unfolded I felt a number of unseen entities watching over me with both judgment and compassion. They did not speak, nor could I associate any normal sensation to their presence, I simply felt their emotions and somehow associated them to my family, despite having little awareness of who I was.

I continued to struggle, attempting to escape this incomprehensible predicament, yet,  as I toiled away it became clear that no amount of effort would set me free. And out of this helplessness would emerge faint, intermittent glimpses of who I used to be: my name, family members, loved ones, my career. At first I could make no sense of any of it. My name? What is a name? A job? What is person, for that matter?

Gradually, these episodes of self awareness would become longer and more lucid, only to be plunged again into the murky depths of my unconscious. It was ravaging, exhausting and somehow, beautiful? Each time I felt like I was being born anew, tearing free of the sticky placenta of this geometric Sisyphean realm. I would come to, kicking and squirming on top of my bed, still lost in the blurriness between myself and the rest of the world.

Eventually, I was back for good, dumbfounded and astonished. I laughed at the ridiculousness, how unbelievable that something so inconspicuous as Salvia divinorum could harness such a reality shattering power. At this point I simply put on some tunes and enjoyed the remaining high before hitting the proverbial hay.

As I draft this report I am realizing how profoundly this trip reflects the current fears and anxieties which surround my internal notion of self. How I live in a constant struggle to detach my identity from external sources and their approval. I seldom seek out salvia breakthroughs, hence this is a very rare experience for me, and perhaps the first time I've been able to bring back any actionable insight. Now I'm wondering whether there are people out there who traverse these experiences regularly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Exploring fractal imprisonment on Salvia [Re: PetzRex]
    #28343390 - 06/01/23 05:42 PM (9 months, 21 days ago)

I used to do it 5 days of 7 but not by quidding
now it is a treat once in a while.
very integrative.

great quidding report

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlinethespacecadet
Astral Explorer
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Exploring fractal imprisonment on Salvia [Re: redgreenvines]
    #28366928 - 06/20/23 10:27 AM (9 months, 3 days ago)

Had to look up quidding, how long did the trip last as compared with the length of time a trip lasts through smoking?

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Exploring fractal imprisonment on Salvia [Re: thespacecadet]
    #28368257 - 06/21/23 06:49 AM (9 months, 2 days ago)

3 to 5 times as long but it uses 40 times as much fresh leaf

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineShredSledder
Stranger

Re: Exploring fractal imprisonment on Salvia [Re: redgreenvines]
    #28369270 - 06/21/23 07:20 PM (9 months, 1 day ago)

that was a great read, well done!

Salvia terrifies me.

--------------------
A wise old owl once lived in an oak,
the more he saw, the less he spoke.
The less he spoke, the more he heard.
Why aren't we like that wise old bird?
-Edward Hersey Richards

OfflineSubtleAeon
Stranger
Re: Exploring fractal imprisonment on Salvia [Re: PetzRex]
    #28402937 - 07/21/23 02:01 PM (8 months, 3 days ago)

Thank you so much for sharing this. You managed to put into words what I have been struggling to describe.

I have smoked Salvia extract a hand full of times. I had an interesting and unique trip the first time I did it, but I the last few times I tried, I was stuck in that space for the whole trip.

It feels like an endlessly repeating oscillation. For me it didn’t matter what I was doing, everything fell into a sort of repeating rhythm that was the same no matter what was happening. I would put on different songs but they would ‘feel’ similar to the point of not being able to tell them apart.

It was just the fractal geometry moving in repeating rhythms. And it felt like they made up everything, even my consciousness. There was a feeling of dread that it would never end, never even change. Like everything was just stuck like that forever.

Edited by SubtleAeon (07/21/23 02:02 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order