Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefft2
journeyman

Bush2004
    #2834139 - 06/27/04 07:11 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I respect you for holding your ground when your president has only 207 days left in his term and then is kicked out of the Whitehouse on his ass.  Hold your chin up, be proud while the world not only laughs with you at the stupidity of our current president and laughs at you after he looses. :evil:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Bush2004 [Re: fft2]
    #2834163 - 06/27/04 07:21 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

fft2 said:
I respect you for holding your ground when your president has only 207 days left in his term and then is kicked out of the Whitehouse on his ass.  Hold your chin up, be proud while the world not only laughs with you at the stupidity of our current president and laughs at you after he looses. :evil:

You'd think that someone who is making fun of the supposed stupidity of others would at least know how to spell "loses".

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineAncalagon
AgnosticLibertarian

Re: Bush2004 [Re: fft2]
    #2834175 - 06/27/04 07:26 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

If the democrats were running even a half-decent candidate I think this election would be tilted pretty sizably towards them. However, they are instead running John Kerry, who is running on nothing but an 'I'm not Bush' mentality. I think it's fairly telling that a candidate is running on a few months spent in Vietnam as opposed to a few decades spent on the Senate...very telling.

ps. A question I've asked a ridiculous amount of Kerry supporters over the past week or so and have yet to get an answer to: How, exactly, is a hypothetical President Kerry going to create 'high-paying' jobs(or ANY jobs) keeping in mind he has promised to raise the minimum wage and roll back tax cuts for people making over X dollars?

pps. I am staunchly anti-Bush for the record, and if the choice for me was between Kerry and Bush it could go either way. Fortunately the choice isn't confined to that and I will be voting for Michael Badnarik on the Libertarian ticket.

--------------------
?When Alexander the Great visted the philosopher Diogenes and asked whether he could do anything for him, Diogenes is said to have replied: 'Yes, stand a little less between me and the sun.' It is what every citizen is entitled to ask of his government.?
-Henry Hazlitt in 'Economics in One Lesson'

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
Re: Bush2004 [Re: Ancalagon]
    #2834294 - 06/27/04 08:15 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

I will be voting for Michael Badnarik on the Libertarian ticket.

Who? He's probably not going to win it. I haven't even heard of that guy.

OfflineAncalagon
AgnosticLibertarian

Re: Bush2004 [Re: question_for_joo]
    #2834327 - 06/27/04 08:31 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Who?

Michael Badnarik of the Libertarian Party.

Quote:

He's probably not going to win it.

What's your point? The two major parties are destroying day by day what this country was supposed to represent. Moreso, they have completely disregarded the US constitution, viewing it as an obstacle rather than a guideline. Recognizing these obvious facts, the choice becomes: vote for one of the major parties and continue the path towards the total obliteration of liberty OR vote for a party that would return us to the kind of government the founding fathers desired. True, he's probably not going to win it...but you have to start somewhere. I have nothing to gain by voting Republican or Democrat but I have much to lose. If enough people start voting Libertarian the major parties will shift onto more constitutional grounds. That would be a big step in the right direction.

Quote:

I haven't even heard of that guy.

Most haven't. Check out the website above. If you want, I can link you to a site hosting some videos of his excellent class on the constitution and specifically the difference between rights and priviledges.

--------------------
?When Alexander the Great visted the philosopher Diogenes and asked whether he could do anything for him, Diogenes is said to have replied: 'Yes, stand a little less between me and the sun.' It is what every citizen is entitled to ask of his government.?
-Henry Hazlitt in 'Economics in One Lesson'

InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #2834493 - 06/27/04 09:45 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Voter apathy in the form of "why vote for him? he won't win..." is even worse than not voting at all. Are you only going to vote for someone because you already think they'll win?

Around here, we call that "jumping on the band wagon" :wink:

--------------------
You're here because you know something.
What you know you can't explain,
But you feel it;
You've felt it your entire life.
That there's something wrong with the world.
You don't know what it is, but it's there....
Like a splinter in your mind...
Driving you mad.

OfflineBush2004
Re: Bush2004 [Re: trendal]
    #2834987 - 06/28/04 01:01 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Wow I got someone to make a thread about me on my first day. Im honored.

In my opinion, one of the main problems with our country is that people are set in their ways and defend their side even when they are wrong. I would be the first one and have been to criticize the BA and conservatives if I disagree. The media however, presents a very biased view of things. I am well read. I have read everything from Coulter to Moore, Chomsky to Hannity, Franken to Limbaugh. I formulate my own opinions based on the so called facts in what I'm reading. Everyone has an agenda.

I really do feel that there is soo much hatred for GWB that he his being unfairly treated. He has been called a liar dozens of times, and I really don't believe he lied. He was working on the info that was available to him at the time. France, Germany, CLinton, Gore, Kerrey, Kennedey, Spain, The UN, all thought SH had WMD's. GWB chose to do something instead of the usual nothing, and I commend him for it.

Is he a great speaker, NO. Is he doing what he feels is the right thing, yes. He will not change his opinion knowing it may hurt him in the future, unlike his rival in this election. With GWB you know what your gonna get. With JK, it's anyone's guess.

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: Bush2004 [Re: Bush2004]
    #2835011 - 06/28/04 01:15 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

With GWB you know what your gonna get.

bullshit

Re: Bush2004 [Re: Ancalagon]
    #2835057 - 06/28/04 01:33 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the links, I will read about him. "He's probably not going to win it" that's an attempt at humour on my behalf. Of course he's not going to win.

I myself am of the mindset that it's quite important that someone besides Bush takes over ASAP. I also believe that there are still big differences between the democrats and republicans. They only look the same if you're a fringe nutter standing way the hell off in the corner: Satanic Voters for Utopia or The Democratic Movement of LSD. It sort of pisses me off, Trendal, that people can bitch so hard about Bush and then encourage Americans to throw their vote away on a 3rd party. Call me crazy, but I think this is going to be a pretty important election coming up, not just for the US but for the world. Parties change over time, it's not like libertarian principles are locked up in a vault only acceptable to official libertarians! for the rest of time.

InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2835080 - 06/28/04 01:41 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I can accept that :wink:

It's much different here, because we don't really have a "two party system" like you guys do...so voting for someone who isn't "likely to win" isn't considered throwing away your vote.

I'm voting NDP tomorrow, though I'm almost positive they won't win the election. Instead I hope that they take enough votes away from the PC and Liberal parties so we end up with a minority government, which I think would be good for Canada for the next few years.

--------------------
But you feel it;
Driving you mad.

Re: Bush2004 [Re: trendal]
    #2835172 - 06/28/04 02:21 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

There is more room for 3rd parties at the state and local level in this country. Stats about congress don't really confirm it cause you either win it or you don't but they're getting increasingly higher numers in senate, house and gubernatorial campaigns. Hell I mean Ross Perot got like 20% for the presidency in 1992. I don't think it matters too much one way or another cause I think in the end it's about the candidates themselves. Lincoln, the most african american friendly president in America's history was 'republican'. Kennedy proclaimed peace and an end to coercion then launches the Bay of Pigs invasion. So, I think politicians (being the ambitious people they tend to be) usually do what they think is best not necessarily what the convention of their party is.

I hope whoever it wins up there tomorrow are the people with a broader perspective on what's going on in the world today.

InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2835204 - 06/28/04 02:32 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I hope whoever it wins up there tomorrow are the people with a broader perspective on what's going on in the world today.

So do I! Dearly so...

--------------------
But you feel it;
Driving you mad.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion