Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekornkob101
journeyman
Oven-Tek????????
    #2833524 - 06/27/04 01:06 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I have tried and tried and tried to grow musrooms , but never had success. Contamination every time. I've been expermenting with mycobags now due a greatly better chance of succes and nothing yet, still getting contamination. I ran across this Captian's Oven-Tek and thought about giving it a try. It seems like I should get 100% success using this method. Think about it, there would NOT be any kind of bacteria, mold, or contaminates in the oven due to it's high heat. When you open the door and inoculate your mycobag the heat coming out of the oven would be contaminate free due to the heat and would keep pushing all the bacteria and contaminates up and away from your mushrooms, right?

I'd like to know how many times any of you have done this method and how many times it has worked for you.

Thank you very much for your time.
KornKob

Edited by kornkob101 (06/27/04 01:09 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

Loc: Passing through the bulk Flag
Re: Oven-Tek???????? [Re: kornkob101]
    #2833619 - 06/27/04 01:33 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Well man, that certainly sucks about the contamination. But i think you'd have to wait for the myco bag to cool before you inoculated it right? I have no idea about how the oven tek works, but i think that that high of heat would kill any myc that was put into the substrate. :mushroom2:

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: Oven-Tek???????? [Re: kornkob101]
    #2833666 - 06/27/04 01:44 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

The oven tek is bullshit.  I and others have gone over why it's crap time and time again on these boards.

Build yourself a shitty little glovebox.  You don't even need gloves.  Just take a big cardboard box and cut a big damned hole in what will be the 'front'.  Cover that with saran wrap and tape it on.  Cut two holes in the sides for your arms -- you should pick an appropriately sized box.  :wink:

Put your stuff in the back of it (you should leave that where the flaps are, tape it up, lysol the shit out of it through an armhole, wait a little while, and just use that.

Seriously, though ... if you're getting contams -every- time, I don't think the lack of a glovebox is your problem.  Even innoculating on a kitchen counter, you should have very low contam rates.  I'd guess that your sterilization technique is the problem.  Are you using a PC?

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

InvisibleOJK
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Oven-Tek???????? [Re: Sev]
    #2833702 - 06/27/04 02:02 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

^^^ :thumbup: the oven tek is worthless, and you'll get the same rates of contamination, if not worse with it. The reason for this is that the hot air creates complex air currents that suck dirty air out of the surrounding space.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds