Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleBlue_Falcon
Male User Gallery

Cow Patty Mushroom Questions * 1
    #28335207 - 05/26/23 08:21 AM (9 months, 28 days ago)

Ok maybe this is the correct forum to ask these sorts of questions. I'm hoping to hear from folks with experience with this or at least knowledge that is applicable.

The questions are about active mushrooms that grow on cow patties. I have found three active species on my cow patties and a few other inactive species. I've collected spores from all of them. Now for the questions. If I want to encourage two of the active species to grow more abundantly, is placing the spores in the water supply the best way for this?

The two desired species I prefer are psilocybe cubensis and paneolus cyanescens.

If placing the spores in the water supply is the best method to ensure that the cows ingest them is there a timeline for me doing this? To clarify, should I just put both species spores in at the same time and hope for the best? Or should I do one species at a time? And if so would I want to get the cubes or cyans out first because of growth rate for the mycelium?

Location is Georgia, USA.

Hopefully I can gain knowledge from some of you. Thanks in advance!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsil-y-nat-y
Don't listen 2 me
Male
Re: Cow Patty Mushroom Questions [Re: Blue_Falcon]
    #28350224 - 06/06/23 10:04 PM (9 months, 16 days ago)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you would feed the cows the water.

I would collect spores them mix it with water and go around spraying that water on cow patties.

--------------------
Don't listen to any of my advice cuz I ended up with extreme HBP and nearly died. So I'm a literally an idiot. Don't let me guide u lol. I'm just trying to heal myself.. then I can be better for my family

Offlinefoggy frog
Sir
Male User Gallery

Re: Cow Patty Mushroom Questions [Re: Blue_Falcon] * 1
    #28354864 - 06/10/23 07:49 PM (9 months, 12 days ago)

I hope you get some real answers to this .
  I'm interested as much as you
And just for the heck of it ...iv came to my own conclusion that yes the spores are digested with the grain and go through the six stomachs while being fresh spores in the stomach they begine germination and then when released out of the cow on or in the right environment shade tree during rainy season June till August here in mid Florida
  The out side of the poo drys and becomes a shell a casing holding in the moisture while it gets colonized  .then with a good rain it brakes open the casing and the mycelium that was trying to bust through but could not throws out shrooms basically overnight
  This is only my  hypothesis
Using what I've learned in mycology forums
  My hunting experience
Along with reading about cow biology
Feed sources and methane gas researches
    Maybe somebody will read this and get the desire to tell me how wrong I am ..and I'll finally get the answer you are asking

--------------------
I have seen many things in a cow pastor but I've never seen a sheep

Offlinefoggy frog
Sir
Male User Gallery

#28354901 - 06/10/23 08:31 PM (9 months, 12 days ago)

I hope to have pics soon
I've been doing the regular pf tec and in the meantime playing with outdoor grows ..
  I have a few different test going but one looks like it might produce some fruits
  Besides the kiddy pools and tubs under my house on four ft stilts and a mist system ..
  I did a couple home made cow poo
Homemade cow poo is horse poop ..for a few reasons
  Easier to have a front end loader load my truck rather than carrying buckets through the field .
Less methane ...and to make the only difference I could find between the two ...add nutrients crush corn and some others mix it all together with failed jars that has some good mycelium in it
  LC and some spores the fake poo pile that is showing what would be called overlay but in this case it's poking out from the bottom sides ...I pored agar over top of the pile after setting it on a layer of dead grass that's on a table in the shade with a wet towel being held over it by blocks ..so it's getting the afternoon shower's
  And the same sun and heat as if under a shade tree ..the others seem to harden on the outer part but not as much as this one with the soaked in agar on the outside ..I'm removing the towel and I'm letting mother nature take over ..it's defenty mycelium...but yet to find out if it's the planted mycelium or a random mush ...

--------------------

InvisibleBlue_Falcon
Male User Gallery

Re: Cow Patty Mushroom Questions [Re: foggy frog]
    #28355474 - 06/11/23 10:59 AM (9 months, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Psil-y-nat-y said:
I would collect spores them mix it with water and go around spraying that water on cow patties.

So yes that is a thought. My idea for putting spores in the water is to hopefully get them going into the poop for a longer period of time to current and future patties. To increase chances of fruiting for the future season for the most natural approach.
Quote:

foggy frog said:
  I have a few different test going but one looks like it might produce some fruits

Your experiment sounds promising! I love trying different things. I get most of my pleasure from hunting and finding actives mostly. Most of my shroomery posts are in the hunting forums. I feel like I am able to find all of the active species Georgia has to offer. Second to hunting them I am trying to encourage them to grow on my property. So far I have found or successfully got 5 different active species to grow here. Pasture mushrooms are my current project. I have cows so I have a steady supply. The first couple of years here have been only finding those types naturally. This season I want to attempt to encourage more abundance of fruit through the method I mentioned already. I have noticed that this property tends to have more of the paneolus species than psilocybe. A lot of people may even say that it's better that I get a lot of cyanescens. I agree that they may be the more potent species but they are also harder to separate from the masses. Meaning I have plenty of other paneolus species growing that sometimes get my hopes up until closer inspection. That doesn't happen with psilocybe cubensis. I immediately know with those. So I all also hoping to get that species to be more abundant. My question remains: does the cyanescens mycelium eat cubensis mycelium or vice versa? Are they in competition with one another?

I do have these current experiments going.
So I actually have started a couple of experiments in the pasture during this dry spell. I put spores for cubes in the water trough. I added more spores with every refill.

Then I took other spores for cubes and cyanescens and put in select patties that I can keep an eye on.

Thirdly, I took a colonized patty that I found cubensis a couple of weeks
ago and put it in an old shallow bucket with a cracked bottom. I surrounded the old patty with all new ones. I broke off some pieces with mycelium and buried in the new shit. I left the remainder of the old one exposed so I'll see if it fruits now that I've rehydrated it. And hoping the mycelium colonizes the new stuff.

So I'm glad to get a couple of replies and love talking about this shit.

Offlinefoggy frog
Sir
Male User Gallery

#28355615 - 06/11/23 12:54 PM (9 months, 11 days ago)

If I had a field with cows on it ...boy would I have fun ..
I would set up an area if not under the nature shad of a couple big trees it would be a large water permeable tarp ..and set it up close to the entry of the field with the water and feed troughs  salt licks  under it and knowing me I would have a fine misting system hooked up..
The cows would love hanging out there and pooping while they do so...they would probably like the fine mist ...I bought some at home Depot they are the kind put in amusement parks to cool people off as they walk by.. when that area was all pooped up good id leave the tarp and misting system and set up another tarp and move the water and food under it ...

--------------------

InvisibleBlue_Falcon
Male User Gallery

#28357154 - 06/12/23 02:15 PM (9 months, 10 days ago)

That sounds like a neat idea. I'm happy to say that I am seeing some results on my bucket project. The colonized patty is spreading to the newer manure. I wonder how long this process may take for it all to be colonized?

Offlinefoggy frog
Sir
Male User Gallery

#28360186 - 06/14/23 09:14 PM (9 months, 8 days ago)

Ya
That could take awhile   
  Might have help it along by taking some chunks of growth and placing it a little further away from the center ..
  I found a pic of one of the largest grows of cubes iv ever seen =https://files.shroomery.org/files/23-24/679881245-Screenshot_20230610-234317.png]

--------------------

OfflinePandaskis
Eating Bamboo
Male User Gallery

#28360266 - 06/14/23 10:37 PM (9 months, 8 days ago)

Im highly doubtful that spores would survive the acidic environment of the cows stomach(s)

InvisibleBlue_Falcon
Male User Gallery

Re: Cow Patty Mushroom Questions [Re: Pandaskis] * 1
    #28360361 - 06/15/23 02:14 AM (9 months, 8 days ago)

Quote:

foggy frog said:
Ya
That could take awhile   
  Might have help it along by taking some chunks of growth and placing it a little further away from the center ..
  I found a pic of one of the largest grows of cubes iv ever seen =https://files.shroomery.org/files/23-24/679881245-Screenshot_20230610-234317.png]

Wow that would be a sight to behold!

I left the main patty mostly intact because I wanted to hopefully enjoy some more fruits from it while waiting for the rest to colonize. Staggered harvests. And I did take pieces and spread them throughout. Yesterday an extremely heavy rain hit and washed the new stuff all over the old part. There were two large pins poking through. I'm curious to see how that affects it.

Quote:

Pandaskis said:
Im highly doubtful that spores would survive the acidic environment of the cows stomach(s)

The spores do survive it from my understanding.

InvisibleBlue_Falcon
Male User Gallery

Re: Cow Patty Mushroom Questions [Re: Blue_Falcon] * 1
    #28361034 - 06/15/23 02:54 PM (9 months, 7 days ago)

Well the bucket is producing even after getting flooded. The older turd is where these fruits are coming from. And either the mycelium or spores can colonize the rest.

Offlinefoggy frog
Sir
Male User Gallery

Re: Cow Patty Mushroom Questions [Re: Pandaskis]
    #28361754 - 06/16/23 06:19 AM (9 months, 7 days ago)

Cows don't have the acid to break down the food that is why they have six stomachs . The first one is so when they are bored and have nothing else to do they regurat the food and chew on it some more 
I don't remember all the science I read on the next one and the next one ..but one is called the ruman and thats were the spores hang out along with other bacteria to help break down the food for the cow ..each has a name and a function little different then the others. 
  This gives the fresh spores a perfect environment to germinate ..

--------------------

OfflineEnjoil
I'm a teapot

#28364504 - 06/18/23 03:41 PM (9 months, 4 days ago)

I’ve picked mushrooms out of catfish ponds that were I had cows pooped in the water…
My cousin said that the cows eat the mushrooms and they just grow out their poo wherever.

We picked half a grocery bag full and that whole bag was split by me and one other.  I ended up totaling a quad into a tree right when they were kicking in, then when I got back to the cabin and was getting yelled at the uncontrollable laughter kicked in and I was laughing in this lady’s face while she was trying to chew me out( it was her husband’s quad) I paid the deductible… blah blah

So yeah, maybe  try giving a couple cows a cap and see if more than usual pops up…

Offlinefatpup
Stranger

Re: Cow Patty Mushroom Questions [Re: Enjoil]
    #28368097 - 06/21/23 01:59 AM (9 months, 2 days ago)

In my line of work I have access to square miles of pastureland spread across Fl. With thousands of cows and hundreds of horses for years. I am in the pastures 2-4 days a week.

Imo favorable conditions outweigh what the animals do. You can have 10,000 acres with a section 4' x 5' wide with favorable conditions produce and the rest nothing. Same animals, eating the same food, and drinking the same water.

There are pastures that will fruit in the right conditions that the animals have not been on for several years. The 99.999 percent of most, never sees the right conditions.

A 10' x 10' square in your backyard with the conditions artificially created could outproduce a 10 square mile area of land with cows.

Edited by fatpup (06/21/23 02:05 AM)

OfflineEnjoil
I'm a teapot

Re: Cow Patty Mushroom Questions [Re: fatpup]
    #28369446 - 06/21/23 09:33 PM (9 months, 1 day ago)

Bro, the one’s we picked were all over! Even growing out of the catfish pond, it was nuts! They were real tall and skinny with big caps.
They’re were a few different kinds but we only kept the main ones.
It was a great first experience with mushrooms , except for crashing the 4-wheeler… lol.

OfflineMadSeasonStudent
Enjoying Life
Male User Gallery

Loc: Swinging on the spiral
Re: Cow Patty Mushroom Questions [Re: fatpup] * 1
    #28369934 - 06/22/23 10:13 AM (9 months, 1 day ago)

You should start selling that manure.

--------------------

Frank
The best grower on Shroomery
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/17897163#17897163

OfflineYahra
Meow

Loc: Earth
Re: Cow Patty Mushroom Questions [Re: MadSeasonStudent]
    #28369975 - 06/22/23 10:46 AM (9 months, 1 day ago)

I sell you mine.

:poop:

OfflineMadSeasonStudent
Enjoying Life
Male User Gallery

Loc: Swinging on the spiral
Re: Cow Patty Mushroom Questions [Re: Yahra] * 1
    #28370325 - 06/22/23 03:18 PM (9 months, 21 hours ago)

I don’t need yours. I have a full field of it for free.

--------------------

Frank
The best grower on Shroomery
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/17897163#17897163

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #28398809 - 07/17/23 01:34 PM (8 months, 6 days ago)

Im curious about this too. Its my understanding that in the wild, spores from other mushrooms end up in the cows water supply and the cows drink it and it ends up in their manure, thus spreading the mushroom species. Or maybe they just blow around and stick to the fresh manure. Or perhaps it ends up on the grass and is eaten by the cows that way.

The natural lifecycle of mushroom spores in the context of a cow field is a total mystery but I would argue that spores are either ingested by the cows via grass or by the water supply. It would appear that the mycelium grows from the inside-outward. But your guess is as good as ours!

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck