Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHumidity
Mad Scientist
Loc: Somewhere in Northeast OH
Re: Indole
    #283093 - 03/31/01 05:57 PM (23 years, 3 days ago)

USDA Nutrient Database

100g Brown Rice Flour.....................................Tryptophan g 0.092
100g partially defatted sun flower seed flour........Tryptophan g 0.735

I just did a seach I can't find any place that sells partially deffated sunflower flour. Has anyone ever heard of this stuff?

Edited by Humidity on 03/31/01 08:27 PM.

--------------------
_____________________________________________________________________________________
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDystopian Harbinger
Cheech Wizard

Re: Indole [Re: Humidity]
    #283233 - 03/31/01 07:23 PM (23 years, 2 days ago)

I have seen it at www.wildoats.com, they have stores around the country

--------------------
At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid.
-Nietzsche

OfflineShroomzilla
enthusiast

Loc: Texas, home of the longho...
Re: Indole [Re: Dystopian Harbinger]
    #283328 - 03/31/01 10:36 PM (23 years, 2 days ago)

Wildoats are the Starbucks/Microsoft/Nazi branch of the health food store industry. They came to town and bought out what few HF stores we had and "standardized" them. All the cool shit they used to sell is gone, replaced by exactly what the main "chain" store sells. Prices are also higher since they took over.

OfflineHumidity
Mad Scientist
Re: Indole [Re: Shroomzilla]
    #283525 - 04/01/01 11:39 AM (23 years, 2 days ago)

I'm sorry I know these are just random facts that I am throwing out. Put I hope it leads to experiments adding some of these things to substrate.

"indole-also called Benzopyrrole, a heterocyclic organic compound occurring in some flower oils, such as jasmine and orange blossom, in coal tar, and in fecal matter. It is used in perfumery and in making tryptophan, an essential amino acid..." Britannica

Edited by Humidity on 04/01/01 01:41 PM.

--------------------
_____________________________________________________________________________________
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking

OfflineHumidity
Mad Scientist
    #283534 - 04/01/01 11:57 AM (23 years, 2 days ago)

I know that you can buy dried flowers. Mabey one can add these dried flowers to a casing or a substrate mix.

--------------------

OfflineHumidity
Mad Scientist
    #283575 - 04/01/01 01:29 PM (23 years, 2 days ago)

or even better indole is souble in hot water. You can put your flowers in hot water and let them soak for a while and use the water.

--------------------

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #284092 - 04/02/01 10:38 AM (23 years, 1 day ago)

how about just buying whole sunflower seeds (the kind sold for birds) and grind 'em up to a coarse meal & add to graincakes prior to pressurecooking?

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineHumidity
Mad Scientist
Re: Indole [Re: gnrm23]
    #284128 - 04/02/01 11:49 AM (23 years, 1 day ago)

I searched the internet for a long time trying to find someone that sells dried orange blossoms or jasmine but I did not find anything. They sell jasmine oil on the net, but it is very expensive.

However it is Orange Blossom season is the south it would be worth it for someone in the south to gather some orange blossoms and use these in their substrate.

gnrm23 I think that it would be worth a try, but sunflower seeds are very fatty and I don't know how this will affect growth. The partially deffated flour might be a better bet.

--------------------

Anonymous

#284313 - 04/02/01 05:13 PM (23 years, 1 day ago)

Humidity why the post about Auxins? Auxins are plant growth regulators. It's what you use to root cuttings of plants.

OfflineHumidity
Mad Scientist
Re: Indole [Re: ]
    #284373 - 04/02/01 06:49 PM (23 years, 1 day ago)

The web page that the info was copied from is about Indole. Yes the first paragraph talks about how it is used in plants to produce IAA, but more imortantly there is good information about tryptamines(second paragraph) and it even mentions psilocybin. Indole is converted to tryptophan then to tryptamine. The artical also gave some good info on Tryptophan. "Primrose seeds (the most concentrated known botanical source), Sunflower seeds (next in line) ". I found that info to be very interesting.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale