Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblenewuser1492
Re: Farenheit 911- GO SEE IT! [Re: Phred]
    #2830608 - 06/26/04 11:52 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

He's a Fireman.

That was fun do another one. Preferably with more violence and sex. And maybe some nudity. Come on come on.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Farenheit 911- GO SEE IT! [Re: newuser1492]
    #2830677 - 06/26/04 12:03 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

He is indeed a fireman. Given the context of the discussion here and the setup (expectations) for what I was attempting to pull off, it's fairly easy to catch on.

But what if a news anchor were to read exactly the same text with a straight face as a regular item on the nightly news? Or if a newspaper were to print it word for word? Or if Moore were to do a voice-over reading that text while flashing a montage of Jernigan's dorky-looking high school yearbook picture and video clips of raging infernos at orphanages and stark crime scene photos of a bloodied axe, and snapshots of hideously burned children in a pediatrics ward?

What would your feelings towards Mr. Jernigan be?

By the way, my "what-if" regarding Moore's tactics is pretty damn close to what he did in Bowling for Columbine. There have been countless websites detailing his crude (but effective) manipulations of this manner, so I won't bother going any further. Hitchens pointed out a few milder examples in his review and as I said earlier he won't be the last reviewer to do so.

pinky

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Farenheit 911- GO SEE IT! [Re: newuser1492]
    #2830733 - 06/26/04 12:14 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

cb9fl said:
He's a Fireman.

That son of a bitch!

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

Re: Farenheit 911- GO SEE IT! [Re: coralrives]
    #2830810 - 06/26/04 12:34 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

coralrives said:
I wonder if your heart would be wrenched from seeing the hundred of thousands of Iraqis killed by their own leader? ( And from what little I know about you Phishgirl, I know it would) Guys, I'm no cool-aid drinking republican, but this movie is a thinly veiled attempt at the WHOLE TRUTH. Why is it you take Moore's truth as the whole truth? Sure, go see it, (pay for another movie tho...:)) and keep a REAL OPEN MIND about what Moore is really trying to accomplish. Do you really think he's not concerned about making money on this film? Was it REALLY an altruistic attempt to educate the masses? Isn't it sad that people need to be spoon-fed their information in this way? I do love being here, and have loved learning much from a lot of you and don't wanna start a flame war, but its getting kinda deep in the pub IMHO.

Im not even going to bother repeating, I'll just highlight the only keyword in that entire paragraph for ease on the eyes for the stoners who hate big paragraphs.

Invisiblesynthesis
everydayjunglist

Loc: va
Re: Farenheit 911- GO SEE IT! [Re: Barbi]
    #2830816 - 06/26/04 12:37 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

so? even if that is all he cared about, who cares?

--------------------
http://www.infowars.com

Edited by synthesis (06/26/04 12:39 PM)

InvisibleEffedS
 User Gallery

Loc: Daylight Slavings
Re: Farenheit 911- GO SEE IT! [Re: Phred]
    #2830855 - 06/26/04 12:52 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

You despise dishonesty, but you would vote for George Bush?

pfffft  :smirk:

Until you see the movie people how about staying out of the thread.
Pinkmark, Im glad I stay out of PAL, you really are disappointing.

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

Re: Farenheit 911- GO SEE IT! [Re: synthesis]
    #2830859 - 06/26/04 12:53 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

shortly put: moore is AS evil as Bush is, just a opposite extreme.

extremists suck, they fuck shit up no matter whicih side they swing on. Terrorists, Hard core righties, lefties, bible thumpers, drug users, alcoholics, etc.

Moores movie is nothing but a captilistic move to brainwash people who are not smart enough to think for themselves, which strangely enough, is quite a bit of this country. Even though they SAY it isnt a documentary, they make sure 'the populace' is under the guise is is, even if its the populaces own false assumption.

I hear there is strycnyne in LSD, mushrooms make your brain bleed, and mdma will make you gay.

How many know the truth, and how many just know the bullshit that was spread as 'fact' via the media.

Offlinecoralrives
Adventurer

Re: Farenheit 911- GO SEE IT! [Re: keeponshroomin]
    #2830894 - 06/26/04 01:04 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

keeponshroomin said:
Moore sucks.

1) The Saudis were all inspected by the FBI and left AFTER commercial airlines were open. This is listed in the 9/11 Commission's report, but Moore states that the report is only 'preliminary'.

2) Vacation time. Every president takes vacation and guess what? They are all WORKING vacations. This whole point is moot.

3) Moore goes about Capitol Hill asking congressmen to register their children for the armed services. Skipping past the point that parents can't sign their children up for the armed services (good call on that one, Moore) they show a scene where Moore asks one Congressman, and the representative just gives Moore a puzzled look. The obvious intention of the scene is to portray the Congressman as thinking, "You must be crazy!".

The part they edited out is where the Congressman then tells Moore that he has two nephews in the service. In addition, the Congressman offers to help Moore by passing out recruitment pamphlets to the other members of congress. None of this is shown.

4) Another example is a speech that Bush is giving where he refers to a crowd of ritzy diners as "The have and have-mores" and then makes a quip about "Some call you the elite, I call you my base." The intention again is to portray Bush as an elitist, corporate serving, tool of the rich. The problem is that Bush made that speech at an annual Catholic charity event in which the idea is to mock yourself. Al Gore later came on stage and joked about how he's fighting to support all those who had recently lost their jobs. He told a story about a young woman who's husband had recently been layed off, and how he would work for her. He then sarcastically proclaimed, "Hillary Clinton, I'm looking out for you!".

Moore just spins things and leaves out information to make his points more 'relevant'. I'm not saying to denounce the entire movie...just that you should take the entire meaning behind it and not the actual events, because those are so out of whack that it isn't even funny.

Excelent :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:  Thank you for making my point more lucid than I am able.  Funny, watch how folks will not respond to this.  Fact is Moore edited footage to fit his purpose, I saw the clip wthat continued on from his asking the congressman to help enlist kids into the military, the congressman, looked befuddled then he was like,"hey bud, I got family over there now, asshbole".  So you see why it is NOT a documetary yet Phishgrrl?????documentary - Presenting facts objectively without editorializing or inserting fictional matter, as in a book or film.

--------------------
"Be good and you will be lonesome."
Mark Twain

Grow Log

Invisiblesynthesis
everydayjunglist

#2830900 - 06/26/04 01:06 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

somebody has to come out and combat the mindless drivel spewing from hannity, limbaugh and the fox news channel. i'm glad michael moore is doing it

--------------------

Offlinecoralrives
Adventurer

#2830917 - 06/26/04 01:12 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

synthesis said:
somebody has to come out and combat the mindless drivel spewing from hannity, limbaugh and the fox news channel. i'm glad michael moore is doing it

Lets hear your arguments with them then.  Don't use Moore as your mouthpiece!  Tell us where Hannity is wrong and back it up with facts! :wink:

--------------------
Mark Twain

Grow Log

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#2830926 - 06/26/04 01:15 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

shortly put: moore is AS evil as Bush is, just a opposite extreme

George Bush has killed a LOT of people with "Operation Iraqi Liberation". George Bush has killed more people than Osamma Bin Laden.

Do you think Michael Moore would kill as many people as Bush has?

--------------------

Offlinecoralrives
Adventurer

Re: Farenheit 911- GO SEE IT! [Re: Learyfan]
    #2830928 - 06/26/04 01:17 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, I do, with his policy of Non-action. Isolationism does not work. Remember the Holucaust?

--------------------
Mark Twain

Grow Log

Invisiblesynthesis
everydayjunglist

#2830934 - 06/26/04 01:19 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

you want me to list everything i disagree with hannity about? what are you on man?

--------------------

Offlinecoralrives
Adventurer

#2830938 - 06/26/04 01:20 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

No, no, no, just one, backed up with FACTS, preferable not from an ACLU publication or the Washington post....LOL You called it mindless drivel, back it up. With every fact you come up with, I will find a counter fact. GO

--------------------
Mark Twain

Grow Log

Invisiblesynthesis
everydayjunglist

#2830960 - 06/26/04 01:29 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

sorry, no need to get off topic here. besides, im afraid your simple mind would only get confused with the "facts." now go back to watching fox news and blindly worshipping the president.  :wink:

opinions are opinions, michael moore has opinions as does hannity. i have opinions and you have opinions. all im saying is its nice having a michael moore out there giving people another perspective on things.

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #2830975 - 06/26/04 01:36 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

coralrives said:

Yes, I do, with his policy of Non-action. Isolationism does not work. Remember the Holucaust?

Moore won't start killing Jews... although he probably wouldn't mind socking Michael Eisner in the face!

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#2830992 - 06/26/04 01:40 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

coralrives said:

Then the only answer is for us to "liberate" every country ruled by evil dictators, right?

BTW, what do you think would have happened if Saddam had been left in power? Let me guess, America would be a pile of ashes by now.

--------------------

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

Re: Farenheit 911- GO SEE IT! [Re: Learyfan]
    #2831006 - 06/26/04 01:43 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
Quote:

coralrives said:

Then the only answer is for us to "liberate" every country ruled by evil dictators, right?

BTW, what do you think would have happened if Saddam had been left in power? Let me guess, America would be a pile of ashes by now.

There would be a lot more dead iraqies over time.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #2831038 - 06/26/04 01:59 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I really don't understand why everyone is so anti-moore.
Maybe he is trying to make money, and maybe he is distorting the truth a little, and interjecting his own opinions.... BUT HELLO EVERYONE IN THIS FUCKING SOCIETY IS DOING THE SAME GODDAMN THING AT LEAST AS BAD IF NOT WORSE AND TRYING TO MAKE MONEY BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT YOU NEED TO SURVIVE. At least he is doing SOMETHING to try and make people think for themselves and question their government... so them fuck what if he isn't perfect... you do better.
But let's look at what Bush is doing. Have you people ever sat down and listened for 5 minutes to the complete BULLSHIT that spews from this "man's" mouth? He talks of peace and free nations and values while invading a country on the other side of the world and enforcing HIS bloodcult democracy on them. And we all know how wonderful and benevolent our wonderful, and perfect.. government is. In fact let's go work our asses off for 60 hours this week so we can give them all our money to build bigger bombs to kill more people, and get on our knees and worship them as they film us from secret video cameras all over the place and implant computer chips in our hands for the cashless society and tracking devices in the new world order as we live in fear and are on COPS because we got arrested and thrown in jail for possessing a PLANT! WOOHOO!!! I LOVE OUR GOVERNMENT LETS ALL SEND THEM MONEY!!! :mad2: [/extreme sarcasm]

Let me ask you all then... would you rather Moore be out there producing mindless movies about explosions and mindlessly worshipping your benevolent government like every other schlub out there. Jesus christ the way some of you people defend the US government is almost sickening to me.
So if Moore brainwashes people then I don't even want to think about what you people think about the news and cnn. I suppose those are objective sources of information then...
Why not instead of bashing Moore for having a strong opinion about something, respect him for having the balls to put it out there. I mean come on, he's going against the US government. So if Moore just automatically brainwashes everyone I'd hate to see how you people would fare in advertizement land. You make your own decisions. Moore doesn't think for you unless your a total idiot, just as Bush doesn't. Look at it objectively. Fuck.

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Farenheit 911- GO SEE IT! [Re: Shroomism]
    #2831046 - 06/26/04 02:04 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

You make your own decisions. Moore doesn't think for you unless your a total idiot, just as Bush doesn't. Look at it objectively. Fuck.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder