Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Dehydrator

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesuperblingtheory
ghettogepetto

Loc: Omnipresent
Chantrelles and coprinicus
    #2827583 - 06/25/04 12:36 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

The chantrelles are only about a tenth of what I found.  It's funny- I went out specifically for the purpose of finding chantrelles and halfway down my road I saw a yard COVERED in them.  The lady was JUST pulling out of her driveway and I ran up like a madman to ask her if I could have them and she said- yeah- there's a bunch more over there and pointed to by her porch and by god there were fifteen more over there.  She asked what I used them for and I said pleasuring my empty stomach.  She seemed fine and amused by this explanation and sat there watching amused as I picked her yard clean of orange spots.  When she said yes I whipped out a bag from my pocket like Shroom-man and went dancing over and dropped to my knees to commence picking.  She seemed amazed at my readiness.  So I picked a whole ingles bag full (the only bags I had- no paper) and I mean full, and trotted back home without having to go several more miles like I thought I was going to have to do.  What a fucking day! :ass:

--------------------

Guts and danger, Airborne Ranger...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebenzene

Re: Chantrelles and coprinicus [Re: superblingtheory]
    #2827610 - 06/25/04 12:42 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

sweet. i look forward to being able to confidently identify edible species so i can pilfer some nature snacks. esp considering economic snacks are becomming more synthetic and far too expensive. Why does everything have to be flavour enhanced these days? I find neutral snacks more edible.

Invisiblezi1iz
informationsponge

Loc: Midwest
Re: Chantrelles and coprinicus [Re: superblingtheory]
    #2827638 - 06/25/04 12:48 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Man I have yet to find a single chantrelle here in Michigan, what kinds of areas do you look in superbling? Thats it I'm going out right now to look....... Nice find bye the way

peace

--------------------
Dodging and burning are steps to take care of mistakes God made in establishing tonal relationships.
Ansel Adams

Offlinesuperblingtheory
ghettogepetto

Loc: Omnipresent
Re: Chantrelles and coprinicus [Re: zi1iz]
    #2827900 - 06/25/04 01:52 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

zi1iz said:
Man I have yet to find a single chantrelle here in Michigan, what kinds of areas do you look in superbling? Thats it I'm going out right now to look....... Nice find bye the way

peace

Thanks man- I've had lots of luck looking under oaks with that wispy real green grass like you find in old neighborhoods with moss and moisture and tall wispy green grass.  Actually I just found some more when I went to pick up my bike- they have a moss bed under some various hardwoods behind their barn and I found another good patch there too. Here are those.  I'm getting out the butter and the pan and the dehydrator.

Good luck man.  The rain sure helps. :wink:

--------------------

Guts and danger, Airborne Ranger...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Dehydrator

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification