Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineskullfarmer1979
shamanator
Loc: Bum Fuck, Egypt
copelandia westii's at work!! maybe?
    #2827386 - 06/25/04 09:34 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

after picking a little brown mushroom on the lawn of my workplace i noticed a blueing reaction at the base!i took it home and got a"fucking weak spore print" i must admit.i took another earlier today and it was a black print.due to all the negative feedback and a new post from ggreatone234 with a picture of the same shrooms i've been finding i decided i was wrong they are not pan foes but mjshroomer said they might be copelandia westii's.a very easy mistake to make with a bunk spore print .i'm no pro,but you got to give me a little credit,at least i didn't just start grazing on them like a mad cow!!no hard feelings guys.i'm still gonna get some pics and post em!

Edited by skullfarmer1979 (06/30/04 12:38 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisible@cro
new name
 User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
Re: panaeolus foenisecii at work!! [Re: skullfarmer1979]
    #2827618 - 06/25/04 10:44 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

skullfarmer1979 said:
.PANAEOLUS FOENISECII 's are my new little friends! i know they are weakly active

Umm... yeah, good luck with that.
You sure they're bruising blue? You sure they're not copes or even subs?

Peace - @cro

--------------------

Offlinemycoguy
old hand

Loc: PNW
    #2827644 - 06/25/04 10:49 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

skullfarmer1979 said:
i know they are weakly active ,but i feel like im on top of the world right now! i love finding new actives!!

Extremely weak.

--------------------

(and no, that's not me in the avatar)
Yahoo! Pacific Northwest Mycology Group

Offlinepfshroomer
MASTER OF MY DOMAIN
Male User Gallery

Loc: seeking the truth
Re: panaeolus foenisecii at work!! [Re: mycoguy]
    #2827802 - 06/25/04 11:30 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

congrats!

--------------------
"Follow the medicine path with an open mind and a clear heart, and you will surely find inner peace and enlightenment."

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: panaeolus foenisecii at work!! [Re: pfshroomer]
    #2828109 - 06/25/04 12:53 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

paneolina foenisecii is not ative

Offlinesuperblingtheory
ghettogepetto

Loc: Omnipresent
    #2828128 - 06/25/04 12:58 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

If you noticed blueing they are either subbs or another panaeolus, some of which are known to fruit more readily in the extreme south than on other lawns in other parts of the country. If they did blue, you found one of these, and if you had taken a spore print you would have found it to be black, not chocolate like a foe. That was a teeny bit careless for a lbm. Unless youa are going to contest that you did take aspore print in which case you never would have made a post about pan. foes. in the first place. Happy shrooming though- fuck lawn shrooms- go find some copes.
Ok- I see you took a print now- which means that either your eyes are playing troicks on us here or that you are a bit goofy. You won't find foes that have blueing reactions. Post a pic of the print, and the bruising. I hat eot come down on you man but they are just not active. It's posted all over the site.

--------------------

Guts and danger, Airborne Ranger...

Edited by superblingtheory (06/25/04 01:02 PM)

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #2828501 - 06/25/04 03:14 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I replied to this in another topic also.

They are not "Panaeolus" foenisecii.
They are Panaeolina foenisecii.

Panaeolus mushrooms render a black spore print.
Panaeolina mushrooms render a brown spore print.

Invisible@cro
new name
 User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
Re: panaeolus foenisecii at work!! [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #2829242 - 06/25/04 09:58 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

And they're not active!!! AAAAHHHHHH

--------------------

Offlinemycoguy
old hand

Loc: PNW
Re: panaeolus foenisecii at work!! [Re: @cro]
    #2829279 - 06/25/04 10:16 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

@acro...are you sure? j/k

Offlineskullfarmer1979
shamanator
Re: panaeolus foenisecii at work!! [Re: Mitchnast]
    #2836302 - 06/28/04 12:14 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

ok ! panaeolina foenisecii!!!! happy now? and yes there is a blueing reaction at the base!a friend has a digi camera i might can borrow if i must prove the blue on the base of the stem,but it would be a lot easier if you nonbelievers would pay more attention to the shrooms you see or read a little bit more about shrooms than whats on this website.this website says some are active!!!you have to eat 500 dry grams to get off. look at the doesage calculator. :tongue:

--------------------
I TASTE THE WREAKAGE OF CRUMBLING FACES,I KNOW THE PALE THING IN THE DARKEST OF PLACES. -DAX RIGGS-

get the most out of life,listen to ACID BATH!!!!

OfflineQandA
wanderer

#2836330 - 06/28/04 12:21 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Sorry Dude, Pan Foens aren't active. Sometimes people pick a mix of Pan mushies and think that they are all foens, when in fact there are a few subbs there. Then they eat them and get a mild buzz because they ended up eating a few subbs too. This is how the confusion came about, and if you would "read up" a little but then YOU might learn something. trust me, Pan Foens are not active. I just ate a fuck load of them a month ago because I thought that I had found subbs. All I got was the shits, they were Foeniseccii.

--------------------
I'm not crazy...crazy.

Offlineskullfarmer1979
shamanator
Re: panaeolus foenisecii at work!! [Re: QandA]
    #2836489 - 06/28/04 12:55 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

i don't plan on eating any of them,though this website and a few books i've read said some may be active.i posted this as a little FYI.the people i know really could care less about mushrooms and i just had to tell someone.first place i thought of was the shroomery!!! some of ya'll need to find out what ego loss is all about.

--------------------
I TASTE THE WREAKAGE OF CRUMBLING FACES,I KNOW THE PALE THING IN THE DARKEST OF PLACES. -DAX RIGGS-

OfflineQandA
wanderer

#2836830 - 06/28/04 03:23 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Most of us know what ego loss is, we eat shrooms don't we?? But when you come in here bringing up a discussion that has been posted here numerous times, and start talking about something you know nothing about, you're going to get some stiff replies. Many of the people here in the hunting forum are veterens, and they know their answers from experience, as well as reading. You are not an expert hunter, or else you wouldn't have come in here and stated this. If you do a search on the message boards for "paneolina foenisecii" you will find out from the true experts of the field, that they are in no way whatsoever active.

--------------------
I'm not crazy...crazy.

Offlineskullfarmer1979
shamanator
    #2837132 - 06/28/04 05:27 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

qanda ,i guess your right,i should've never posted anything about mushroom hunting in the mushroom hunting fourm on the shroomery.i feel like such a dumbass.dont worry dude it will never happen again!! wait, what am i saying, didn't you say "i just ate a fuckload of them a month ago because i THOUGHT i had found subbs,all i got was the shits!!!qanda, going around eating shrooms your not sure about is not a healthy habit ,you so called veteren.and like i said ,i don't plan on eating them, i'm just happy i found them.

--------------------

OfflineQandA
wanderer

#2837488 - 06/28/04 07:39 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I am in no way a veteran. I am saying that you should listen to them.

--------------------
I'm not crazy...crazy.

OfflineQandA
wanderer

#2837498 - 06/28/04 07:44 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

If you are still thinking that they are paneolina foenisecii, please get a pic up here so that mjshroomer can maybe take a look at it. He will be able to tell you what they are in a heartbeat, I am not arguing with you, as I am not an expert, and never claimed to be.

--------------------
I'm not crazy...crazy.

InvisiblePsilostylin
Captain Save Em'
Loc: New Orleans!
    #2837572 - 06/28/04 08:21 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

live in lousiana? hit the fields! don't waste your time with lawn shrooms. also, quit being so defensive....these people know what they're talking about. some of the most knowlegable and experienced hunters in the world are on these boards, please have some respect.
what part of LA do you live in? there are tons of fields in lousiana.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2837740 - 06/28/04 09:12 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Panaeolina foenisecii Maire are not active in any way manner or form. They contain no psilocine, psilocybine, baeocystine, norbaeocystine nor any other active alkaloid.

Go to the shroomry's general information on shroom hunting and read:

Quote:

Observations Regarding the Suspected Psychoactive Properties of Panaeolina Foenisecci Maire

By John W. Allen and Mark D. Merlin. 1993. In: Christian R?tsch (Editor) Yearbook for Ethnomedicine and the Study of Consciousness vol. 1:99-115. (In German and English)

http://shroomery.com/index/par/12179

Both David Arora and Gary Menser's books are incorrect as are most field guides which used references from Gyorgy-Miklos Ola'h, original research as well as that of Tyler, Varro and others . Three analysis were shown to be false positives.

The shrooms are not active in any amount you eat.

and there are four species of Panaeolina, all brown spored, and none of them are psychoactive.

mj

OfflineJoeyBond
 User Gallery

Re: panaeolus foenisecii at work!! [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2838011 - 06/28/04 11:02 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

mj to the rescue lol

Offlineskullfarmer1979
shamanator
    #2839605 - 06/29/04 11:34 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

it's all good!! i'll get my friends digi camara and get a pic of the shrooms and the blueing reaction.

--------------------

Offlinesuperblingtheory
ghettogepetto

Loc: Omnipresent
    #2839952 - 06/29/04 01:15 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Listen well oh ye of little attention- THE MUSHROOMS YOU FOUND MAY HAVE BLUED, AND MAY HAVE APPEARED TO YOU TO BE FOES., HOWEVER, IF THEY DID BLUE, THEN THE PRINT THAT YOU SAY YOU TOOK WILL NOT BE BROWN. YOU HAVE BEEN, (3 POSTS UP), INFORMED VIA A DIRECT COMMUNICATION BY ONE OF MANY LEADERS IN THE FIELD OF MYCOLOGY THAT WHILE HTE STUPID DOESAGE CALCULATOR SAID THAT THEY WERE ACTIVE, THIS IS INCORRECT INFORMATION AND SEVERAL (MAY I ADD), BOOKS THAT LIST THEM AS ACTIVE DO SO BECAUSE OF MIXED COLLECTIONS TESTED FOR THE PRESENCE OF ACTIVE COMPOUNDS, ALL IN THE RANGE OF, OH-SAY .03, WHICH AS IT STANDS, REGARDLESS OF HOW MUCH YOU WISH TO SPOUT OFF AT THE MOUTH, IS NOT ACURATE TO BEGIN WITH. READ THE PAPER ALLOWED TO YOU REGARDING THE SUSPECTED PSYCHOACTIVE PROPERTIES OF PANAEOLIA F. AND YOU WILL SEE ALL YOU NEED TO CLEARLY OBSERVE AT ANY ANGLE- NO ONE IS SAYING THAT YOU DON'T HAVE SHROOMS THAT BLUE AT THE BASE, THEY ARE SIMPLY SAY9ING FOR YOUR FRAGILE MIND THAT THEY ARE INDEED, AND WE ALL COLLECTIVELY REPEAT, NOT, UNDER THE GOVERNING LAWS OF NOT ONLY SCIENCE BUT SENSE INCLUDED, PANAEOLIA FOENISECCI. I'M GLAD THAT YOU CAN READ THE PERSCRIBED LITERATURE, AND I'M SORRY THAT THE DOSEAGE CALCULATOR LISTS THEM AS ACTIVE, BUT IT SHOULD NOT, AND LET IT BE KNOWN. I HOPE THIS WILL CLEAR UP ANY CONFUSION AS TO WHAT YOU ARE EXPERIENCING ON POSTING INFO ON THIS SITE. LISTEN TO MJ AND THE OTHERS- THEY HAVE BEEN AT THIS A WHILE. THIS IS THE NICEST WAY I CAN MYSELF SAY TO YOU THAT YOU ARE CORRECT IN SAYING SOME BOOKS AND EVEN ONE (OR TWO) REFERENCES HERE INDIRECTLY STATE THAT THEY ARE MILDLY PSYCHOACTIVE- BUT LET IT BE CLEARLY STATED THAT THEY ARE NOT. NO SHROOM GROWING OFF A LAWN WITH A BROWN SPORE PRINT IS GOING TO BLUE AT THE BASE FOR ANY REASON, LET ALONE GET YOU HIGH. CHILL OUT AND LISTEN TO HELPFUL PEOPLE. EGO LOSS MY ASS- I HOPE YOU DON'T GET YOURSELF HURT NOT LISTENING TO HELPFUL PEOPLE- IT'S A BAD TRAIT AND I FEAR FOR YOUR LACK OF RESPECT. i DO HOWEVER HOPE THAT YOU POST THESE PICS BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE THE MORE PRODUCTIVE THING THIS POST WILL COMMIT TO. HAVE A VERY NICE DAY AND I HOPE I DID NOT OFFEND YOU- I TOO AM TRYING TO HELP YOU REALIZE ONE SIMPLE FACT. PEACE, FELLOW LAWN OBSERVER.

--------------------

Guts and danger, Airborne Ranger...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder