Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineeazye187
Brown Suga

Loc: Canada
Colored Mushrooms
    #2827307 - 06/25/04 10:49 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Hello people=)
I am no professional when it comes to mushrooms and because of this I would like to ask if color on shrooms actually makes a difference or not?

I heard blue and gold mushrooms are not as good as purple mushrooms, blue and gold ones are pretty common where I live. The first time I did mushrooms I didn't really experience a whole lot, I split an 8th with my sister, just experienced widened sound and I felt wavey. The second time I bought 6 grams for 25$, and It was apparently "chronic" as some of the kids use down here, mushrooms.. purple ones.

The mushroom trip I experienced when I was on those was movement on surfaces, ?talking seagulls?, and the buttons on my ipod were melting off. Also on my watch all the numbers and everything on it were backwards, even the digital date. I was also stuck in time, seemed like so much happened in a fraction of a second.. It seemed like it was 6o'clock forever.

Anyways, back to the point, I just want to know if the color of mushrooms actually has a difference in how intense the situation is, and what part of the mushroom is more potent. :mushroom2: :regularshroom:

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJewishJoint
Re: Colored Mushrooms [Re: eazye187]
    #2827378 - 06/25/04 11:29 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I've never really seen a shroom grow purple or blue =) but ya some active forms of shrooms are known to bruise blue, but if I am correct some deadly shrooms will bruise blue also. And what are you talking about "chronic"...Chronic would be pot would it not?

--------------------
I relax my mind, go with the flow
Laugh at life, let the good times roll

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#2827551 - 06/25/04 12:29 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Short answer, no.
Long answer, Any psychoactive mushroom you buy on the street is more than likely going to be Psilocybe Cubenisis, a species of mushroom that bruises a dark blue/purple when picked and handled. The blueing process is actually the active chemical inside oxidizing (being destroyed), but there is usually plenty in there so it is rarely a bad thing. The amount of blue/purple can give you a rough estimate of how potent it is, but it really means absolutely nothing except that it's a real "magic mushroom" (not EVERY blue mushroom is magic). The gold is flakes of vermiculite, and means even less, it's just extra weight your paying for that is not part of the mushroom.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

Offlineeazye187
Brown Suga

Re: Colored Mushrooms [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #2828141 - 06/25/04 03:05 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks alot, that clears alot up for me.

However, I've had mushrooms before that had no blue or purple bruising, and I hardly got a buzz? Maybe it's just because I split half of it with my sister, because the purple ones I spoke of I had 6grams of it and split that there for giving me higher dosage.. oh well thanks alot =)

--------------------

Offlineeazye187
Brown Suga

#2828151 - 06/25/04 03:09 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Also to follow up on that, with another question..

I've seen someone with all blue (baby blue) mushrooms before, never had a chance to try them because I was too intoxicated with alcohol . but have you heard of any magic mushrooms like this?

--------------------

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#2828371 - 06/25/04 04:27 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

You can't really identify them based solely on whether or not they have bruised blue. You have to look at the other features as well, such as size and shape of both cap and stem, color of cap and stem (not the bruising, the actual color of the mushroom, and the presence of a veil or veil remnants. 10 to 1 odds says that every magic mushroom you buy on the street is the same species, so they are all gonna look pretty much the same.....with slight color variations.

--------------------
yea caught in a tailspin

OfflineGinseng
enthusiast
    #2828456 - 06/25/04 04:57 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

well eating a half of an 8th is not much is not much...

OfflineGinseng
enthusiast
Re: Colored Mushrooms [Re: Ginseng]
    #2828467 - 06/25/04 04:59 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Ginseng said:
well eating a half of an 8th is not much is not much...

By the way, I have a very good reason for writing "is not much" twice.

OfflineSillyWilly
    #2828506 - 06/25/04 05:18 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

There are many shrooms species like the blue meanie...panaloneaos cyanseans-copeldias that have a bluish tint and are so delicate that the breeze can almost bruise them blue....these however are more potent then your typcial cubie having a less dosage range and rarely sold on the streets. Cultivators sometiems purposely bruise there shrooms so dealers and buyers alike can be affirmed that are majic. I know when I bought shrooms for the first time in highschool, I picked the bluest ones from the batch for I thought they were the most potent....Now I know better.
SillyWilly

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
    #2828746 - 06/25/04 07:27 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

There's no such think as "chronic" mushrooms or "hydro" mushrooms.

Some mushrooms are grown differently than others and that's what dictates potency. (unless they are different species)

Sometimes if you buy from a drug dealer you will see bluing on the stems, sometimes you wont.

When dried some caps appear to have a golden shine/tint.

The caps and stems are the same potency.

Offlineeazye187
Brown Suga

Re: Colored Mushrooms [Re: SillyWilly]
    #2829156 - 06/25/04 11:21 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

SillyWilly said:
I know when I bought shrooms for the first time in highschool, I picked the bluest ones from the batch for I thought they were the most potent....Now I know better.
SillyWilly

Thanks again...
So, if I were to buy shrooms from a dealer, which I will be next friday once I get some money.. should I avoid the bluish, purplish mushrooms and go for the plain batch or what? I know I may seem a little stupid but please understand, I've only done mush twice and I loved both experiences =)

--------------------

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#2829274 - 06/26/04 12:14 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

It basically makes no difference.

--------------------
yea caught in a tailspin

OfflineSillyWilly
    #2829355 - 06/26/04 01:02 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Well, technically, if you want a stronger trip....the ones that are not blue are the ones whos psilosin/psilocybin has not been broken down by oxidation but quite honestly, the difference between potency would be less than 1 percent and not noticable at all......Unless of course the things were given a beat down which would result in a little more loss. I like to grab a few blue ones when I shroom just cause I like the idea that Im eatin blue mushrooms. Much more fun than just brown-gold ones. Just pick the ones your hand magnetizes too....Im sure youll have a great time.
Peace, SillyWilly

OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

Re: Colored Mushrooms [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #2829367 - 06/26/04 01:08 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, basically no difference...

If its blueish, you know that there is psilocybin in it, but what you are really seeing is stuff that has broken down.

If its not blued, then there is probably psilocybin in it that hasn't broken down, or well, maybe there isn't any in it at all!

Either way, I've never encountered anyone selling bunk mushrooms. Just go for whatever and have a great time. Don't worry too much about the color!

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Colored Mushrooms [Re: Amber_Glow]
    #2829707 - 06/26/04 03:58 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Beug and Bigwood, 1982 as well as Bigwood and Beug, and Badham and Ott all agree that bluing i certain species of psilocybian mushrooms is not an indication of potency outside of the fact that some species bruise blue more than others. This o does not necessarily mean they are more potent.

DH, @cro and I have posted images of psilocybe cyanescens with no bluing in them and also pictures of itense bluig or blue black oxidation from colder weather and the shrooms with bluing will have the same potency as similar cyanescens without any bluing whatsoever.

And of course all of us Seattlites recognize that the baby cyans are more potent than thir larger family members.

mj

And the potency is equal in both the caps and stems or pretty close to it. This was also included in the papers by the authors cited above.

mj

OfflinechRONicJEREMY
Stranger
    #2939043 - 07/29/04 03:00 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

what of the grayish or silvery parts of the stem? ive always heard that that was where the "poison" is... but i dont believe it. it doesnt look like bruising, it looks like silver paint or something... somewhat reflective even. my guess after looking all over this and other sites, is that its just part of the identification and has nothing to do with the amount of active chemicals - any thoughts?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience