Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineZenGecko
enthusiast
The only moral thing to do?
    #2827074 - 06/25/04 08:29 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

This is just a sick little thought i had... Given that we are the biggest danger to all other life on this planet, atleast the biggest one that is self aware and able to do something about it, Shouldnt we all kill ourselves? Sure there is the chance that we will get better but wouldnt if we were truely moral, just eliminate the threat now and not risk the chance that it will only get worse? Isnt that the "right" thing to do? Or is there a grand plan, that we are a part of, and disturbing that plan would be even more immoral? but if there is a grand plan by which all unfolds how is anything we do not in accord with that plan? If thats the case then how can morality or immorality really even exist then? Personally i dont think they do, just more conceptions based in an incomplete/illusionary experience of reality. So fuck it...lets see what happens.

Sincerely,
That which is...and has no choice but to be.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
Re: The only moral thing to do? [Re: ZenGecko]
    #2827310 - 06/25/04 10:53 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

it doesn't matter because after major extinction phases like the one we humans are causing, it only takes 10 000 000 years for the earth to recover biodiversity. And I'm afraid there's no way we're going to destroy all life on this planet, so don't worry your pretty little head about it.

Also, pulling out isn't always the best. For 10 000 years natives have been lighting the forests on fire in BC, and now the ecosystems have adapted to that regimen, which makes the forests artificial in a way.. we whiteys come along and stop burning them and BOOM the pests go crazy and the forests are unhealthy. We humans are creating a new ecosystem that reflects our lifestyle, if you pulled us out, things could be worse. What happens when you stop farming fields? Dustbowls! Depending on the climate, anyway.

But, like I said, doesn't matter. In human time, it does, but on evolutionary and geological time.. we are totally insignificant.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#2827318 - 06/25/04 10:57 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Those who believe it will solve something really do kill themselves - I don't agree that it makes sense but have to accept the outcome.

My younger brother solved something that way last November.

sh*t

OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: The only moral thing to do? [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #2828638 - 06/25/04 06:40 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Mixomatosis said:
it doesn't matter because after major extinction phases like the one we humans are causing, it only takes 10 000 000 years for the earth to recover biodiversity. And I'm afraid there's no way we're going to destroy all life on this planet, so don't worry your pretty little head about it.

Also, pulling out isn't always the best. For 10 000 years natives have been lighting the forests on fire in BC, and now the ecosystems have adapted to that regimen, which makes the forests artificial in a way.. we whiteys come along and stop burning them and BOOM the pests go crazy and the forests are unhealthy. We humans are creating a new ecosystem that reflects our lifestyle, if you pulled us out, things could be worse. What happens when you stop farming fields? Dustbowls! Depending on the climate, anyway.

But, like I said, doesn't matter. In human time, it does, but on evolutionary and geological time.. we are totally insignificant.

i bet if we REALLY wanted, we could completely destroy a planet.

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

Anonymous

#2828682 - 06/25/04 06:59 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

all living things consume natural resources and, directly or indirectly, destroy other parts of the ecosystem in order to survive.

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2828875 - 06/25/04 08:24 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i somewhat agree withmorality for the whole, but what about moralitiy for yourself?  do you or don't you have a base idea of what's right and what's wrong?  what you'd ought to do and what you wouldn't do each have their own bearing in your mind a lot of the times when you are making decisions. or are you one of those that don't ever judge?  :smile:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology