Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: The Whole, the Parts, and the Meaning Derived [Re: trendal]
    #2825403 - 06/24/04 08:12 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
You could probably use "purpose" in place of "meaning" with what I'm talking about here.

What does it "mean" to be a part of creation/existence?

or

Do I (and everything else) have a purpose?

To me, the obvious answer is YES :wink:

It is my belief that everything in Creation, or All-That-Is.. more specifically.. everything that exists and doesn't.. is all connected to one source and that source's purpose is perpetual evolution through the beauty of perpetual spiraling creation.. life and death, protons and neutrons, planets and stars, trees and air, spirit and matter.. the endless connected dance of creation and evolution. I believe that every plane of existence exists for a specific purpose in this gaining of knowledge through life experience for which to fuel this endless evolutionary learning process. All the dimensions are just a series of notes or vibrations in the grande cosmic symphony. In other words objective reality is simply the sum of all subjective realities.

We are like the acorns that fall from the oak tree.. content in our sheltered world of ego, but as time passes... we join with the earth and blossom into our endless expanse of life and creation.. our roots deep in the earth and our branches reaching towards the sun.. we have the same potential as the original tree, and the potential to create infinite more trees. Trees are just one analogy for which to perceive the divine nature of nature.

We are like the mycological network, I hope we fruit soon

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Re: The Whole, the Parts, and the Meaning Derived [Re: Shroomism]
    #2825414 - 06/24/04 08:15 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Nicely put, Shroomism.  :thumbup:

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: The Whole, the Parts, and the Meaning Derived [Re: zorbman]
    #2825496 - 06/24/04 08:42 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

"We are like the mycological network, I hope we fruit soon "

awesome man, totally awesome.

I expect a high rate of aborts though

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: The Whole, the Parts, and the Meaning Derived [Re: Shroomism]
    #2825759 - 06/24/04 09:38 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

It is my belief that everything in Creation, or All-That-Is.. more specifically.. everything that exists and doesn't.. is all connected to one source and that source's purpose is perpetual evolution through the beauty of perpetual spiraling creation.. life and death, protons and neutrons, planets and stars, trees and air, spirit and matter.. the endless connected dance of creation and evolution. I believe that every plane of existence exists for a specific purpose in this gaining of knowledge through life experience for which to fuel this endless evolutionary learning process. All the dimensions are just a series of notes or vibrations in the grande cosmic symphony. In other words objective reality is simply the sum of all subjective realities.

This follows quite closely with a few of my own theories, as I'm sure you know :wink: Grand Unification, String Theory, and the search for one Law of Nature is a strong and prominent aspect of the scientific community. I think that we all are searching for the same thing, but we think that our paths differ because our language cannot fully describe this fundamental desire. The man who searches for scientific fact is looking for the same thing as the shaman on his journeys: what many people call "God".

I think there is a primal...force...from which "all-that-is" is derived. If you wish to follow with physics: this is the fundamental force which existed at the moment of Creation (call it the Big Bang, if you wish) and from which came the four forces of nature we know of today. All matter and energy is derived from this fundamental force...so you could certainly think of it as "God".

We are like the acorns that fall from the oak tree.. content in our sheltered world of ego, but as time passes... we join with the earth and blossom into our endless expanse of life and creation.. our roots deep in the earth and our branches reaching towards the sun.. we have the same potential as the original tree, and the potential to create infinite more trees. Trees are just one analogy for which to perceive the divine nature of nature.

Nature (by nature I mean the Universe, "all that exists") is very repetitive! Electrons orbit the nucleus, the moon orbits the Earth, the Earth orbits the sun, and so on. This is evidence of a single, unified structure to the universe: a fundamental force.

We are like the mycological network, I hope we fruit soon

Beautiful! :thumbup:
I think we're due for a flush, soon!

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2826145 - 06/24/04 11:08 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

one can tell that science isn't the only form of logic to use in order to find meaning by just being in a physics class for one semester. on this point i agree, but I do have one question for you...

do you honestly think that sceince is a way to find meaning of the collective whole? Science to me is just one form of logic we as humans can use. I was thinking about this the other day while at the ledges. I can use duality all i want to put the world in categories. one of these such categories is the macroscopic world and the microscoping world. As it has been mentioned many times over, the study of quantum mechanics shows that the smaller we go, the more random particles become. As we go deeper and deeper, chaos seems to be the wy things are run. but this is only one way of thinking here.

I can use a different form of logic in mathematics to look at chaos even deeper in order to come up with differential equations to describe motion of different particles. if one ever takes differential equations, different equations represent different "actions" of sub-atomic particles based on initial conditions, the frame of reference used, and so on. each variable will have an impact on the type of equation used to describe the motion of these particles. but all this does is it describes chaos in even more categories, which is VERY hard to find meaning in.

so we can now look at another form of logic...philosophy. Philosophy has the power to meld with mathematics and sceince to provide a way to combine the actions of particles into one whole again. we are talking about "ideas" here. we spend way too much time looking at what happens instead of looking back for a little bit to ponder questions such as "why did it happen this particular way." what is the force driving behind all of this clutter we are finding.

like "i said, take a physics class, and see how often the teacher will delve into the important why question. I do not think that science and math can do it on it's own, all that does is contribute to the seperating of our universe. let's instread combine all forms of logic, only then can a hint of meaning be understood.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: The Whole, the Parts, and the Meaning Derived [Re: kaiowas]
    #2826222 - 06/24/04 11:23 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Oh, no! Science is definitely not the only way to get what we're looking for! I use it most often because it is the method most proven to me, though as I understand it...there are many ways to reach the truth. I think everything will lead to the same answer at some point :wink:

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2826540 - 06/25/04 12:41 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

is it a method most proven to you because of how much exposure you've had towards it? could philosophy hve just as much affect as sceince for meaning?  :grin:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: The Whole, the Parts, and the Meaning Derived [Re: kaiowas]
    #2826589 - 06/25/04 01:00 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I think so, yes :wink:

OfflineZenGecko
enthusiast
    #2827056 - 06/25/04 06:17 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Science is a place to start...philosophy is a place to attach meaning and flesh it all out... and religion is where to end...once u think your as close as your going to get. Most people skip ahead to religion with out doing all that other important work.

Sincerely,
That which is, and has no choice but to be.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom