Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
Re: The LSD Shortage... [Re: tekramrepus]
    #2828413 - 06/25/04 02:44 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

supermarket said:
all I have to say is: I'm glad im not experiencing this LSD shortage you speak of :smile:

what are those called are they from the US? anyways nice print

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePositronius
playboy

Loc: montreal-vancouver-tokyo
Re: The LSD Shortage... [Re: ergot]
    #2828554 - 06/25/04 03:41 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Firsly, LSD was the supposed answer to the spiritual crisis of the consumerist culture and created an entire decade of counterculture movements. Your anti-histamines have never compelled such a feat.

Secondly, I view everything as significant... so, yes, I believe those anti-histamines in your back pocket will alter the dynamic of the rest of your entire life...

-ergot :mushroom2:

ahhh, the dead dreams of a bygone era of hedonistic stoners come hedonistic yuppies. More like an entire decade of "check us out, we are soooo counterculture! were stoned! wooooooh!".

naive, often idiotic, self-aggrandizing, ultimately false, and in the end, completely ineffectual.

--------------------
and you know it like a poet, like....babydoll

Offlinesoylent_green
The greatEnitsuj
Female

Loc: Ontario
Re: The LSD Shortage... [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #2829026 - 06/25/04 08:14 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

there is shortage here, big time. had to order from europ and pay waaaayy too much!
i'm sure it will come back. i just hope it's in my life time XD

--------------------
What fun is it in Nirvana while other beings are suffering?

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
    #2829045 - 06/25/04 08:32 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ergot said:
Perhaps the lack of LSD has significance. Perhaps the Great Spirit, God, Creator, Tao, Reality, etc. has created this dynamic in chaos to place greater importance on the cultivation of psilocybin mushrooms. The psychedelic movement of the 60s was primarily focused on LSD and went bust... could the LSD shortage of today be a divine strategy to push the flow of the stream in a particular direction (i.e., entheogens)?

-ergot :mushroom2:

Or maybe not as many people are making it. :crazy2:

Anonymous

Re: The LSD Shortage... [Re: blink]
    #2829073 - 06/25/04 08:49 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

fuck supermarket. how many hits you got?

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #2837781 - 06/28/04 09:27 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Corrections are in order. Firstly, I never use the term "hallucinogen" as it is a misnomer. It is a medical term which is wrong inasmuch as the indole substances may produce 'pseudo-hallucinations,' like the patterns, lace doilies and kaleidoscopes that appear behind closed eyes or projected on the sky. Referring to 'psychedelics' or 'entheogens' or 'empathogens' as 'hallucinogens,' only minimizes the truly profound aspects that these substances engender, and continues to uphold the perjorative medical model devaluation of these sacred substances, not to mention the lawyer minds that have made them schedule I drugs with insane punishments associated with their possession.

Secondly, I stated that in 'my' experience, I have not (unfortunately) had the same quality or degree of intensity of mystical religious experience with psilocybin as I have with LSD. This category of experience has Nothing to do with the banalities of novel sensory experiences, which is what 'hallucinations' are about.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: The LSD Shortage... [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #2837951 - 06/28/04 10:45 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I use the terms hallucinogen and entheogen interchangebly. I actually prefer entheogen, but old habits die hard.

If you take 3 foot of 3" San Pedro or 7 grams of Cubensis, I believe you would find that the "mystical" intensity is there. That sort of intensity depends upon preconcieved notions as well so maybe not. I find natural entheogens provide a more mystical experience, but that is just me.

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: The LSD Shortage... *DELETED* [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #2838964 - 06/29/04 08:01 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by MAIA

Reason for deletion: admin: porting went wrong

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: The LSD Shortage... [Re: MAIA]
    #2839279 - 06/29/04 09:59 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

To quote the book entiitled 'Mind,' from a Time-Life set of books that I've had since childhood: "LSD is 100 times as powerful as psilocybin, 7000 times as powerful as mescaline." Of course these estimates have to do with amounts. 250 mcgs of LSD is unbelievably tiny when you consider that a postage stamp weighs about 60,000 mcgs!

I have no experience with Salvia Divinorum, and I've always been something of a purist - not combining substances. The quest for clarity, even smoothly adapted neurological functioning, requires a certain simplicity for my simple mind to grasp. My system can handle the chemistry, but my consciousness doesn't need the flux of one drug waning, the other waxing. Example: a friend took 2 tabs of Ecstasy that was either not completely converted, or mixed with pure Methamphetamine. The empathogenic effect wore off quickly, and she continued to speed her brains out for 24 hours. I want to 'grok in fullness,' one-thing-at-a-time. But, that is a philosophy - each to his own. Peace.

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#2839441 - 06/29/04 10:50 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I think you're correct about "preconceived notions," which are part of the mental 'set' of one's trip. Thinking about Mushrooms does evoke 'some' MesoAmerican associations, but I've been endeavoring to see the Mushroom in another context deriving from the Christian Gnostic philosopher Jacob Boehme (if you enlarge my avatar, you can see a few mushroom allusions - the clearest of which is superimposed upon the Heart of the Son, which is superimposed upon a cross).

When I read that highly purified LSD-25 luminesces in the dark because of a phosphorus element in the molecule, I immediately associated that with a picture in my consulting room which shows alchemist Hennig Brand, kneeling in prayer before a flask of Phosphorus which is lighting up his laboratory at night. I later came to believe that LSD is the Philosophers' Stone, particularly after reading Ram Dass' teacher Hari Dass Baba say that: "LSD is like Christ in America...America is the most materialistic country therefore God has shown His Avatar in a form of LSD (a material)," wherein the Philosophers' Stone IS Christ (in a Sacramental sense).

I have some experience with Peyote, none with San Pedro (yet), but perhaps it is time for a dosage adjustment with 'fruiting bodies.'

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#2840473 - 06/29/04 03:44 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

"LSD is 100 times as powerful as psilocybin, 7000 times as powerful as mescaline."

While correct, that is potency for weight only. Other things will yield equivalent effects with high enough doses.

"I have some experience with Peyote"

You can actually get more effect from Pedro due to the fact you can consume more without physically becoming ill.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #2840660 - 06/29/04 04:41 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

The times have changed. People nowadays are so commercialized, and it is much easier to grow shrooms than produce LSD for the common layman, and can get you more of a profit on a smaller term dealing, such as selling it to high school kids for 35 an eighth while LSD, even jacked up to ignorant people, isn't usually that jacked up

Not to mention we got our major LSD producers serving 30 years without parole and life without parole, therefore new blood needs to come along if we're going to ever see another huge flood of acid (or the renewed energy of old blood)

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflinePositronius
playboy

Loc: montreal-vancouver-tokyo
Re: The LSD Shortage... [Re: Ravus]
    #2842102 - 06/30/04 12:15 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Or maybe, people have met too many LSD casualities, and it has turned them off of the drug?

--------------------
and you know it like a poet, like....babydoll

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: The LSD Shortage... [Re: Positronius]
    #2842116 - 06/30/04 12:20 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I have met very few of these people. If you think of the Shroomery as a small reflection of the drug community as a whole (as it is a collection of scattered entheogen and ex-entheogen users,), it seems most of the current entheogen users would love a flood of LSD as a small piece of the pie could fall into their hands, along with many other drug communities, such as the Bonnarroo and Burning Man attendees who would also love abundant cheap LSD. From my observations and experience, it just seems that there's not nearly enough supply to meet the demand

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: The LSD Shortage... [Re: Ravus]
    #2842333 - 06/30/04 01:41 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

When LSD was introduced it was treated entirely too casually. This caused many bad trips. Many people considered it a joke to give another LSD without their knowledge (this happened to me once I just didn't happen to care) which can have a devastating effect on a person. Timothy Leary, while he was at heart a good man, alienated the establishment with "turn on, tune in, drop out" because of the negative attitude this seemed to convey. It did not matter that it was created as a positive thing, it sounded negative. In the end the cumulative effect of scary experiences and Timothy Leary's ranting was to convince society at large that this was a very dangerous drug even though it is among the very safest medically. Alcohol is way more dangerous, but the perception was created and now it is set in stone. The opportunity for LSD to revolutionize our society has passed, and it's legacy ensures it will NOT (ever) get a second chance. Besides there is no way most people want to risk a felony drug conviction. Many people, like myself, refuse to deal with drug dealers as well. Through the early 80s I took a lot of it, but for me those days are gone. As they are for most people.

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

Re: The LSD Shortage... [Re: Moonshoe]
    #2842387 - 06/30/04 01:59 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Moonshoe said:
yeah no comparison between anti histamines and psychadelics,

Take 1.5g of dimenhydrinate and say that.

Quote:

or at least id like to see your explanation of that, besides their both chemicals.

I believe the poster is implying that LSD has no spiritual significance. It is just a chemical.

OfflineFULC
Mr

Loc: North Lincolnshire (Engla...
Re: The LSD Shortage... [Re: Phencyclidine]
    #2843083 - 06/30/04 09:42 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

aint that a Anti-Emetic??

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#2843101 - 06/30/04 09:57 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I agree with all that you've said, but I would add that while you are expressing the social perspective of LSD as a change-agent, the psychotherapeutic usefulness of it is still quite real. In the hands of someone like Stan Grof, or a school of thought which he has founded with regard to its use (see 'LSD Psychotherapy' or 'Realms of the Unconscious: Observations from LSD Research') major change in individuals is still possible. The days of Dionysian excess are, as you say, long gone. LSD has to be used in an Apollonian, planned and implemented way, yet the effects can still be ecstatic. Gone are the days of the Grateful Dead shows where the dealer is so high he stops selling his acid and gives it away, or day-glo painted buses, flower-power head shops, or feathers, beads and bells adorning bell-bottomed blue-jeaned hippies.

For me, Richard Alpert's inner-directed use of LSD was far, far more life-changing than the ecstatic outer-directed, social-structure-destroying extroverted use that Leary was about. Even Albert Hofmann - Father of LSD - has this attitiude about Leary. I could see Sandoz Pharmaceuticals in E. Hanover, NJ from my front yard. Leary and Alpert drove there to get their first psilocybin. Just exactly how millions of Sandoz little blue LSD pills 'left' that high security facility will always seem to me to be a social experiment conducted by our own Uncle Sam. It is just not possible that they were stolen. A college roommate of mine, before I met him, had a baggy of 200 pills! He was one random kid. The experiment turned out to show the dangerous effect that LSD had on a materialistic, consumer-mad society. When a day-glo painted VW Beetle makes more sense and more fun than a luxury automobile; when social status is seen through as stupid brainwashing; when ego-based showing off and rabid competition are killed by psychedelic illumination - STOP THE PRESSES!!!! - The pill presses, I mean.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#2843916 - 06/30/04 02:34 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

While LSD has amazing potential for personal growth due to it's intense potency, the laws concerning it have nipped any such use effectively in the bud. I agree, Alpert put what he learned to practical use while Leary stepped off of the edge. If Alpert had been the "official" spokesman for it we may have been able to get it at the corner grocery by now.

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#2844205 - 06/30/04 04:07 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

we may have been able to get it [LSD] at the corner grocery by now.

Puh-lease. I think you dramatically overstate the effect Leary's LSD spin had on public opinion. It may indeed have speeded up LSD's illegal status, but its illegality was always inevitable.

Why?

By far the largest factor making LSD illegal is the fact that this substance has the power to destabilize people's worldviews, and people in power don't like that. In fact it scares the hell out of them (as it should).

If marijuana can't be bought at your local curbstore, what makes you think LSD, a much more powerful substance, could ever have been readily available due to one man's influence?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract