Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Gel Caps

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSillyWilly
How to make Ephedra tea? or maybe capsules?
    #2824786 - 06/24/04 06:11 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I have a 114 grams of dried Ephedra Sinica-Ma huang that I aquired from over the internet and wish to make a tea or preferably, make capsules....If this is possible. I have only consumed ephedra when it has been in the energy-diet capsule form that was bought in health food stores before the FDA banned it. So, I dont know how much to put in each capsule or if I even can....was Xenadrine, Yellow Jackets and Ripped fuel all Ephedra Extact?...or was it just the plain leaf. I want to make sure I know how much Im taking to avoid an overdose cause I know this stuff can be harmful if taken too much. So, can I make capsules with just the dried foilage and if so, is filling up a single capsule too much?.....should I measure in mg? If I make a tea, do I jsut fill up a regular tea bag and go from there? Please help.
Thanks, SillyWilly

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSillyWilly
Re: How to make Ephedra tea? or maybe capsules? [Re: SillyWilly]
    #2828498 - 06/25/04 05:11 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Can nobody help me here...comon just one response?  All I got was 5 views. :frown:

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #2831506 - 06/26/04 08:25 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I dont know how much ephedra to use in a tea but you'd want to add some lemon juice to it when you boil up the ephedra branches. It's a xeraphyte so you don't have leaves per se just green twig looking things. Hopefully someone comes around with a mass to use.

OfflineSillyWilly
Re: How to make Ephedra tea? or maybe capsules? [Re: neuro]
    #2832604 - 06/27/04 08:31 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Ya...I want to make some tea but I dont want to rush into it and take too much than I can handle. Its kind of weird what I have...its like hollow chopped up twigs but green instead of brown? I hope somebody will have some answers.

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
    #2832692 - 06/27/04 09:11 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Ephedra species that contain alkaloids typically yield from 0.5% to 2.5% alkaloids, of which 30% to 90% is ephedrine. Pharmaceutical trade standards specify that dried ephedra should contain at least 1.25% ephedrine.

http://www.maripoisoncenter.com/ctr/9607ephedra.html

Now check how much is an ephedrine dose, and do your math.

I've had Ephedra tea, but i didn't make it myself so i don't know how much herb it had. Nice strong coffee-like effects, nothing more than that though.

Sure, you can also grind it well and put it into gel caps...

OfflineSillyWilly
Re: How to make Ephedra tea? or maybe capsules? [Re: esin]
    #2834897 - 06/28/04 12:21 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the info esin......The only thing I am wondering now is: Was the stuff that came in the capsules bougt at the health foos tore the extracted ephedrine or just the plain dried herb?

OfflineSillyWilly
    #2850000 - 07/02/04 03:39 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

So, I took a little over a tablespoon of this ephedra herb I hve and threw it in a pot of boiling water, added some flavoring and starined out the herb. After drinking it, I felt little to no affects from the tea. It didnt taste very deliteful meaning I dont want to try it again unless I can aquire some affect. Am I using too little?

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
    #2850635 - 07/02/04 11:25 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i've never gotten effects of ephedra tea more than strong coffee, for some reson it dosn't come close to the yellow jackets or similar even with asprin and caffine added. i don't understand it so well and i doubt it faulty product unless everyone on the internet sells bunk shit (doubt it) i don't know how many grams a tablespoon of ephedra is but i'd imagine like 3-4g maybe less since it's so light. i make tea with 7-8g and it's still no better than strong coffee, i've went a lot higher than that and it was no diffrent really. careful though :stoned:

OfflineSillyWilly
Re: How to make Ephedra tea? or maybe capsules? [Re: John]
    #2852389 - 07/02/04 08:48 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Ya....Id go higher but dont want to throw in too much anbd become a statistic. It looks like my efforts to repicate the effects of Yellow jackets by aquiring this herb has been in vain.

Offlinediggitz
Stranger
    #2871145 - 07/09/04 01:39 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Wow, several of you guys aren't making your tea right!  There's not a lot of straight ephedrine in the big bulk of plant matter you get with dried ephedra ...
I haven't had ephedra tea in a few years, the last time being during a really bad cold when my boyfriend at the time was nice enough to make some for me :smile:
Just throw about half a handful of the stuff into a pot with a couple cups of water and simmer it up!  Strain it out when the water's dark and the stuff smells a bit pungent (but clears your sinuses).  Add lots of sugar or honey, and probably some lemon too.  Strong ephedra tea is good for the sinuses, but not particularly tasty.

IMO, it's diffucult to overdose drinking tea, unless you're planning on gulping a cup of hot water all at once ... Let's see how much you'd get in 2 cups of tea made with about 20g of dried ephedra:
If we trust the numbers from the post above, then if you have really potent plants and get *all* the ephedrine out into the tea, 20g will give you 300-450mg ephedra, or 150-225mg per cup.  That's slightly less than a tablet of "NVE Pure Ephedrine" would give you per tablet, at max possible potency.  Chances are though, that your plants aren't super-potent, and that you don't get all the possible ephedrine out into your cup of tea.

Take a couple small sips and wait a few minutes. If a sip or two feels really strong, then don't drink the rest right away. In fact, if it feels really strong any time before you're done (leisurely) drinking your tea, then stop drinking it for now. Add more water, and/or put it away for later.

As for capsules, do the same math as before ... then grind the stuff up and stick it into your capsules.  So 10g of dried ephedra will give you 150-225mg of ephedrine.  The number of capsules that fills depends on the size of the capsules you're using.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Gel Caps

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden