Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: The Doors

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Loc: Southern Illinois
Trip Report (4th time) (pools, dogs, music, and pine trees)
    #2824490 - 06/24/04 04:25 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I haven't posted a report before but last night's trip was worth it. It was my fourth trip ever. 2 Last summer and the 3rd about 2 weeks ago. Anyway, I eyed out what I believed to be half of a quarter and chewed/swallowed while drinking orange juice (always masks the taste well). I hadn't eaten for about 8 hours, so I was well prepared for a good time. I know many of you are very much so into the spiritual side of mushrooms and others are more into the "simply have fun" side. I'm somewhere in the middle, probably more on the nature side. Immediately after gulping down the fungi buddies I made an mp3 cd to listen to while tripping. The trip began about 20 minutes after swallowing. The quickest come on I've ever had. Needless to say I had to hurry up w/ my cd which was comprised of ween, aphex twin, u-ziq, talking heads, primus, steely dan, beck, and velvet underground. 75 songs total/5 hours. It was at sunset, very nice outside, so I got into the pool and listened to my cd on random. I 've heard that being in a pool can kill or shorten a trip. Well, I didn't really care, it seemed like the best place to be at the moment. I washed my hair in the pool and then talked to my dog for a while. He sat on the deck the whole time i was in the pool. Ever notice how dogs get freaked out when you're tripping? Why is this? Last summer i tripped acid, went out to pet him, he whimpered and ran off. This dog is 9 yrs old and loves me more than anything, but when I'm tripping he doesn't know what to make of me. Weird huh? Last night though, he didn't run off. He whimpered and barked a little, but stayed on the deck watching me. As the sun went down I began to notice the fireflies which were amazing. The pool environment is great for a trip. Behind me 180 degrees is a forest and in front the house, and an open field with hills and more forest not far of in the distance. Pine trees surrounded me and were bigger than ever (these things are 70 yrs old. Other kinds of trees formed together to make what looked like a giant hairy spider, although i knew it wasn't so i wasn't scared, but just told it to go away. While floating/swimming around (a 4 ft deep pool) I couldn't stop giggling. I realy wanted to burst into enormous laughter but i didn't wanna freak out the neighbors (who dont live too close, but close enough). My floaty thing had pieces of velcro moving around and i kept thinking it was snake-like. It never scared me, but I was just like (hey now! stop that, and i'd laugh at myself. Going under the water was weird, but fun. Interesting how many parts of music (especially faster drumming seems to blend together more and have more beats than usual. I was very detached from everything but still in the frame of mind that i knew everything was ok and was going to be ok and that if anything very strage/frightening were to happen i knew everything was alright. I have a very strong mindsetting and although do love to trip w/ others, very much so enjoy an exploration of myself by myself. I had no idea what time it was but knew the cd was still playing, so i got out of the pool. Very cold, I dried myself off (which took way too long, but farley (my dog "a boxer") licked water off of me to help and looked at me very funnily. I stood at the screen door petting him w/ a towel draped over myself. His head seemed like a puppy's and was stretched and way too unproprtional too his body. I dried off enough to go inside and dried off more in the tub. Looking in the mirror, my hair was going crazy moving all over slowly like grains in the field. Sides of my face stretched, my pupils got big and small big and small. Very interesting. I've enjoyed looking in the mirror tripping before, but this was the most intense it had ever been. I was very detached and afraid I was going to mess up the house. I'm staying at my paren'ts because they're on vacation. Slight paranoia set in, I put on some shorts and decided to move all illegal materilas downstairs to a more discrete location (something I should've done before tripping). Before the trip i make a list of everything that needed to be put back to normal before i left the house. Not that they wouldn't mind me being here, but just out of respect. I saw the clock and realized that i had been in the pool for 2 hours and was all pruney.I locked all the doors, so i knew the only ppl that could get in would be mom & dad (which they weren't coming home and even if they did they wouldn't be mad. They don't know i've tripped, but they used to trip when they were younger and are very understanding and open minded. I watched family guy and aqua teen hunger force, knew it was funny, but oddly didn't laugh much. So, i decided to play guitar instead. It was very fun. I could fairly well play songs that i already knew, but making new music was much more interesting. It was midnight and i was starving, so i had afew chicken wings and a cheese stick from pizza hut. ssssoooooo goooooood. Shortly after my trip stopped. A 4 hour trip. I've had longer, but this was still very good. I was kinda ready for it to stop anyway. I was trying to think of everything i had to do the next day and couldn't do it. I tried to set an alarm but had no idea what to do. After 15 minutes of sitting w/ the alarm clock i set it for noon. I was stillslightly tripping though. A nice comedown, but all security restored. I caught the end of trainspotting on ifc and then watched pulp fiction. I ate the rest of my cheese sticks and wings. The trip was definietly over by now (it was about 1am. I had some opium from bonnaroo, which i was curious to try. I loaded a bowl on the screened in porch, took several hits and didn't feel much difference (leading me to believe it's mot very potent or is fake). it looks like opium ( a little gooey blackish brown ball. I'd never smoked it before so i was curious. Since it didn't work i took some lortab instead (hydrocodone "derived from opium). it mellowed me out and after pulp fiction (about 3am) i went to bed. I woke a few times in the morning going back to sleep and finally woke at noon to the alarm. I felt very relaxed and in that not wanting to get up mood. But i had to work in four hours in a one hour away town, so it was time to get the day rolling. I alked out of bed and felt extrememly scatterbrained and dizzy. Walked upstairs, grabbed a glass of water, and my stomach hurt like i was going to be sick. I sat in the bathroom drinking water for about a half hour, decided to call work to find someone to work for me, which luckily i did. Right after the phone call i felt much better and realized i had the whole day to recover peacefully. I'm still not all there (it is 3:30pm now), but much better than when i woke up. I've never felt like that after a trip before. very strange and uncomfortable. I think it may have been what i smoked and/or the lortab. Next time no combining. Overall a good trip. I'm tempted to do it again today, but i know that's a bad idea especially since i have to study for a test for tomorrow. Getting off of work certainly helps though. Until next time enjoy this lengthy report and be smart, safe, and calm.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Re: Trip Report (4th time) (pools, dogs, music, and pine trees) [Re: knobtwiddler]
    #2825359 - 06/24/04 09:53 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Your opium prob was real, I find opium not to be all that strong, just kinda chill. I tried some molly from banaroo after eating a half ounce a couple days before and dident really feel a thing, I think it had to do with the fact that shrooms are so damn intense compared to a buzz you would cope from opium or molly. sounds like a good trip, never gone swimmin on shrooms, would like to tho.

Thx for tippin it up

I relax my mind, go with the flow
Laugh at life, let the good times roll

Loc: CA
Re: Trip Report (4th time) (pools, dogs, music, and pine trees) [Re: JewishJoint]
    #2828942 - 06/25/04 09:02 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I'd eh, love to read your report and comment and other people surely would, but you must format your writing. It's simply not readable, mang. :wink:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: The Doors

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience