Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleAhronZombi
AhronZombi

say hello to mil. spending and goodbye to free speach
    #2822973 - 06/24/04 01:54 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

yeah they sliped us a quick one, we have to get bush brownback and all the republicans out before the destroy free speach

Senate Approves Indecency Fines Hike

June 22, 2004

By a 99-1 margin, the U.S. Senate today approved an amendment that would dramatically increase indecency fines. First introduced and later re-written by Senator Sam Brownback (R-KS), the measure was attached to a $447 billion Defense Department funding bill.

Under the amendment, the maximum fine for a single indecency incident would climb from $27,500 to $275,000 for licensees, for a maximum of $3 million a day. In a significant departure from the indecency legislation passed by the House, the Senate bill does not increase the fine for air talents. That fine, which currently stands at a maximum of $11,000, has never actually been enforced. AFTRA Assistant National Executive Director for Public Policy and Strategic Planning Rebecca Rhine said, "While legitmate concerns still exist about the possible chilling effect that large broadcaster fines may place upon free speech over the airwaves, we are gratified and relieved that the legislation avoids the pitfall of fining individual performers, announcers, broadcasters and sound recording artists."

Before the new fine structure becomes law, the Senate must approve the entire defense spending bill. Differences between the Senate and House versions would then have to be ironed out in joint conference, before the measure could be sent to President Bush -- who could sign or veto it.

Also approved today was a provision by Senator Byron Dorgan (D-ND) that would delay by one year implementation of cross-media ownership rules relaxed by the FCC in June 2003. The Senate also voted in favor of an amendment by Senator Conrad Burns (R-MT) that would permit the Commission to protect small market stations hit with sky high indecency fines for airing network or syndicated programming they had no control over.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: say hello to mil. spending and goodbye to free speach [Re: AhronZombi]
    #2823018 - 06/24/04 02:15 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

mil spending?

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

InvisibleAhronZombi
AhronZombi

Re: say hello to mil. spending and goodbye to free speach [Re: BleaK]
    #2823022 - 06/24/04 02:17 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

military, they hid the idecancy fines bill in a military spending bill

OfflineBleaK
paradox
    #2823051 - 06/24/04 02:29 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

oh wow that part at the begging slipped right by me

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

Offlinegermin8tionn8ion
enthusiast
    #2823383 - 06/24/04 06:42 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

AhronZombi said:
yeah they sliped us a quick one, we have to get bush brownback and all the republicans out before the destroy free speach

They aren't doing anything new to restrict free speech. The laws and the regulations have been in place for years. They are just raising the cost of breaking the law. It's not like they are making new laws saying you can't say X Y or Z. Tin foil hat time?

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: say hello to mil. spending and goodbye to free speach [Re: germin8tionn8ion]
    #2824277 - 06/24/04 01:34 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

they are increasing the fines for 'crimes' which shouldn't be crimes in the first place. Rupert Murdock or Ted Turner should be able to broadcast the word 'fuck' on the networks they own whenever they want to. Or a nice set of titties, for that matter.

OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: say hello to mil. spending and goodbye to free speach [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2824348 - 06/24/04 01:53 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:
they are increasing the fines for 'crimes' which shouldn't be crimes in the first place. Rupert Murdock or Ted Turner should be able to broadcast the word 'fuck' on the networks they own whenever they want to. Or a nice set of titties, for that matter.

TITIES ARE BAD>>> all u women should be ASHAMED of yourselves...

hey look i got another post...

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #2824536 - 06/24/04 02:39 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I'm pissed off about the fact that the government can "hide" bills inside of other bills. That's not American at all. They can pass any law that they want as long as it's covertly slipped through the system without anyone noticing.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: say hello to mil. spending and goodbye to free speach [Re: Learyfan]
    #2824560 - 06/24/04 02:46 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
I'm pissed off about the fact that the government can "hide" bills inside of other bills. That's not American at all. They can pass any law that they want as long as it's covertly slipped through the system without anyone noticing.

we need some more slaves before we can be american... oh wait thats me...
shit.. *goes back to paying taxes and being quiet*

--------------------

OfflineFrankieJustTrypt
and fell

Loc: MI
Re: say hello to mil. spending and goodbye to free speach [Re: Learyfan]
    #2824843 - 06/24/04 04:34 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Like the provision in the Omnibus bill that takes away all federal funding to city department of transportations that sell bus-ad space to organizations seeking change in drug policy.

Not to de-rail, but that is another example of free-speech being stifled. (Through shady legislative practices.)

--------------------
If you want a free lunch, you need to learn how to eat good advice.

Anonymous

#2824879 - 06/24/04 04:47 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

there should be no FCC.

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

-Amendment X"

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: say hello to mil. spending and goodbye to free speach [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2824934 - 06/24/04 05:11 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:

Yeah, yeah, yeah. And they also shouldn't be allowed to broadcast their signals through my property without my permission.

Also airplaines shouldn't be allowed to fly through my airspace without my permission.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: say hello to mil. spending and goodbye to free speach [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2824937 - 06/24/04 05:16 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
Quote:

DoctorJ said:

Yeah, yeah, yeah. And they also shouldn't be allowed to broadcast their signals through my property without my permission.

i agree. damn microwaves....

--------------------

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: say hello to mil. spending and goodbye to free speach [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2825215 - 06/24/04 07:16 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:

Also airplaines shouldn't be allowed to fly through my airspace without my permission.

Well put  :thumbup:

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: say hello to mil. spending and goodbye to free speach [Re: DieCommie]
    #2825346 - 06/24/04 07:48 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

just ANOTHER unjust law that makes you want to cry in desperation for the state of the nation.

And all you can do is laugh...

:stoned:

InvisibleAhronZombi
AhronZombi

#2826006 - 06/24/04 10:32 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

well the republicans fasil to relise howard stern uncovered what they are trying to do and howard stern has made many non voters swing voters and ex republicans like me deside to vote kerry. not because we like him but to get bush out. few fail to relise stern is going to affect this election in a huge way. God bless howard stern and lenny bruce

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale