Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesopp1
stukeluker

Loc: Norge
terror in norway
    #2824055 - 06/24/04 02:34 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

no, nothing has happened. I was just thinking about the docks in a city somewhere else in this country. The piers there has been a popular place for people who lived there to walk and look at the boats and the sea generation after generation. This is a fairly small place in the world with some over 200K people who lives there. After 1st of july they are closing the docks for people, the reason;  security

we live in a time of terror and time of war, at least that is what they tell me on the tv. The risk for terror is so big that you need a id to enter alot of the docks in norway today, one of the oldest sailing nation in the world. The reason; two plain crashed into two buildings on the other side of the lake.

I think its sad that usa let the terrorist win, i think its sad that people accept to live in fear, not from terrorist so much but from the propaganda from media and goverment. Is this the kind of world we want to live in?

There is no doubt that the goverment here is under pressure from the united states. I have always said norway is another star in the american flag, sadly just like many other countries.

It might just be that I just have seen "day after tomorrow" but Im starting to think the world is ready for a new ice age and it is for the better if most of the world just died  :frown:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSnape
Eternal Chaos
Male

Loc: Montreal, Quebec
Re: terror in norway [Re: sopp1]
    #2824225 - 06/24/04 03:19 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

sopp1 said:
Im starting to think the world is ready for a new ice age and it is for the better if most of the world just died  :frown:

+1

--------------------
I'm floating in the sea of stars,
I'm drifting away from the shore
I will be lost in the dream when the dark days come
But I will make the time run backwards and
I'll make the stars shine again

Invisibleshriek

Re: terror in norway [Re: sopp1]
    #2827007 - 06/25/04 07:53 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

yes, i agree with some of that. there is too much security checks today. I live in nothingwill farawaylandia arctic norway and there is nothing worth attacking anywhere near here, a terrorist attack up here would look stupid, its like a suicide bomber in the middle of sahara. and still you meet a poor misplaced security guard here and there checking you for id.

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: terror in norway [Re: shriek]
    #2827010 - 06/25/04 07:55 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

but what about those guys that just kinda waltzed into a warehouse and took some explosives? I always thought that Norway was quite lenient on checking stuff, until I got dreads... then they went through every snus in my snus box to make sure none of them had hash in them... crazy norwegians... :smile:

--------------------

Invisibleshriek

Re: terror in norway [Re: Krishna]
    #2827034 - 06/25/04 08:04 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

im not saying all of norway is safe, i think norway can be attacked anytime for three good reasons;
1.norways involvment in israel and the conflict over there and the whole oslo agreement thing that didnt work out.
2.That norway has sent miliatry help in afganisthan and iraq
3.norway has a shitload of oil

but the attacks will prolly be in oslo, bergen or trondheim, not here- you have to show id to go the dock here after july 1st. There is 3000 people here. Most of them are old fishermen. There is no bigger ships worth attacking here either. so the whole thing seems just stupid. And since noone here works as security guard and I dont think they will find anyone that will work as security guard (this is northern norway and people have strong opinions here on people in uniform that checks for id let me assure you that, most likely he would be thrown on the sea like he was a greenpeace member trying to save the whales or something :smile: ) the local police dont have any money so they arent allowed to go outside :laugh: well they can but they dont have the money. i dont understand how the goverment is thinking here.

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: terror in norway [Re: shriek]
    #2827048 - 06/25/04 08:11 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

:smile: the small small town that I lived in in Sogn og Fjordane county recently renovated its police force and got new cars.

i have no idea why... i think the biggest crime ever to go down there is when some local boys go cruising around drunk in their tractor.

--------------------

Invisibleshriek

Re: terror in norway [Re: Krishna]
    #2827060 - 06/25/04 08:19 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

cops in this country is a strange thing. Every district gets money based on how many busts they had last year. And when they get money they spend them right away on alot of traffic controls and tries to give as many fines as possible or they can have a showdown on a bunch of teenagers smoking weed. This way they know they get money next year, the rest of the year they do nothing. Except the larger towns of course. But like you say the worst thing that happens is people drunkdriving or maybe a good old fistfight at the local pub so I guess they have to do it like that to stay in jobs.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub