Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
Loc: Ice patches that last for...
Anyone mind throwing ideas out for first tattoo?
    #2823081 - 06/24/04 02:42 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

If all goes as planned, I'm going to be getting my first tattoo this summer.  I think I already know body placement.  I either want it on my shoulder blade or the inside of my forearm. I don't want a big one either...something 6" X 6" at the most.  Even smaller hopefully.  I have a general design in mind.  I want the magic mushroom incorporated but not so it is the main piece of the tattoo.  You know what I mean.  I also want some nature scenery of some sorts, even if it's barely noticeable.  I'd also like some sort of animal.

My idea right now is a picture of an eagle, swooping down in an open field in a forest, and having a colourful mushroom being ripped out of the ground.  Have a few trees behind him and some simple light grass in the field part.  dunno something like that.

I was wondering if you guys could throw out some more ideas.  Direct me to some art?  Draw something?  Any help would be most appreciated.  If you wanna post a random tattoo or design or idea...post it  :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Anyone mind throwing ideas out for first tattoo? [Re: Spooge]
    #2823289 - 06/24/04 05:45 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

don't go with the forearm for your first....its hard to cover up if needed

InvisibleRunDMT
H?L? GH??
Re: Anyone mind throwing ideas out for first tattoo? [Re: goobler]
    #2823311 - 06/24/04 05:59 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

goobler said:
don't go with the forearm for your first....its hard to cover up if needed

I obey the rule that I should be able to wear a t-shirt and a pair of shorts without any tatts showing.

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#2823790 - 06/24/04 10:53 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Get the letters AL HA on each but cheek. So when ya moon people and flash them your brown eye. You will be saying al O ha to them.

Offlinediscoabe
Stranger

Loc: Nevada
    #2823820 - 06/24/04 11:02 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

The best person to draw something up is a tattoo artist. They know what will look good on skin and what won't.

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
Re: Anyone mind throwing ideas out for first tattoo? [Re: RunDMT]
    #2824991 - 06/24/04 05:44 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

RunDMT said:

I obey the rule that I should be able to wear a t-shirt and a pair of shorts without any tatts showing.

^^^My philosophy exactly.

Personally I don't think you should go trolling for tattoo ideas. Its a personal thing that will be with you for the rest of your life. If you don't have any ideas then don't rush into it. Eventually the ideas will come to you. Then when you have something that you want, wait even longer to get it. Sometimes an idea grows cold. If you have a tat you want and your still jonesing for it a year later...then you can start thinking about making it permanent.

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International Flag
    #2825119 - 06/24/04 06:37 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

This girl I know I got her first tat a few weeks ago. Felix the cat, on her shoulder blade, it looks ridiculous.

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

Offlinecoralrives
Adventurer

#2825504 - 06/24/04 08:42 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I went for one that I wouldnt regret in 20 years. I picked this one because it had personal meaning to me and not just to get one. I didnt want it to be a permenant reminder of a temperary feeling. I was teaching a class when a big ole 12 footer came right up through us and circled around. He looked me in the eye and there was a weird kinda respect type conection. I was in awe, my students were freaked! I told them they had just had a once in a life time when we got top-side. I never even wanted to get a Tat until this happened. This is a bad pic and the tat is past due for a touch-up, but its on my shoulder... Enjoy the experience of your first!

Edited by coralrives (06/24/04 08:50 PM)

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Anyone mind throwing ideas out for first tattoo? [Re: coralrives]
    #2825512 - 06/24/04 08:46 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

picture?.....

I can only assume you were diving from what I could make out in your post...

EDIT- OK....now it came up. Nice!
I want to get certified in a big way!

--------------------

Edited by ToTheSummit (06/24/04 08:47 PM)

Offlinecoralrives
Adventurer

Re: Anyone mind throwing ideas out for first tattoo? [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #2825534 - 06/24/04 08:52 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Let me know when you get to FLA!

--------------------
"Be good and you will be lonesome."
Mark Twain

Grow Log

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Anyone mind throwing ideas out for first tattoo? [Re: coralrives]
    #2825567 - 06/24/04 09:00 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I'm taking a 2 week cruise out of Miami in September. Too bad I don't have any spare time to spend on the mainland. If we like Florida we just might plan a trip back there.

--------------------

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
Loc: Ice patches that last for...
Re: Anyone mind throwing ideas out for first tattoo? [Re: RunDMT]
    #2826821 - 06/25/04 04:01 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

"Iobey the rule that I should be able to wear a t-shirt and a pair of shorts without any tatts showing"

See, and I totally disagree. My tattoo is something I will be proud of and I could care less what other people see. Well, the only people I really would care about seeing are employers. But in the case of having one on my forearm...I could wear a long sleeved shirt to the interview. Other than that, I could care less who sees it.

I've been putting ideas together for over 2 years. I have a general idea that I explained, but I'd just like some other minds in on it...maybe giving some new ideas to add to what I already kinda want.

I know the mushroom is going to be making it's way in, in some form. I'm not sure if I want the eagle though. The eagle has been done so much. But an eagle with a mushroom in it's talons...well that's a little different. I dunno. What other forest creatures could I incorporate into this idea instead? Anyone?

Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2826842 - 06/25/04 04:32 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

entityexperiment said:
"Iobey the rule that I should be able to wear a t-shirt and a pair of shorts without any tatts showing"

See, and I totally disagree. My tattoo is something I will be proud of and I could care less what other people see. Well, the only people I really would care about seeing are employers. But in the case of having one on my forearm...I could wear a long sleeved shirt to the interview. Other than that, I could care less who sees it.

What kind of future employment will you be looking for? I'm not trying to be a dick here but please think about placement like RUNDMT said if you even remotelt are thinking about working and any type of corporate environment that may at some time allow you to wear short sleeves.

Its a stupid, stupid stereotype but it still has a grip on a lot of people, not just us old geezers. People see a tat and immediately think you are on the fringe of society.

I wish you luck in finding a good tat its hard, my first one was a flash(generic design) and I got it because my father had a similar one. All the rest of mine I had designed and a few are now flashes themselves.

Unless you area monster a 6" x 6" tat on your forame is huge looking. and remember to try to fit the design to the area you're getting inked, some shapes lend themselves better to different areas of the body

InvisibleRunDMT
H?L? GH??
    #2827062 - 06/25/04 06:20 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

entityexperiment said:

See, and I totally disagree. 

How the fuck can you disagree with that? What do you know about where I have my tatts? :tongue:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder