Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Herb Grinder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Amanita at Length
    #2822959 - 06/24/04 03:45 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

First: this is not mine, it is taken from a website here http://www.jamesarthur.net

Second: I am posting this because it is a subject that has been coming up and im sure will come up again and again about amanitas.  Im posting it here, though it has nothing to do with gardening, but preperation and effects.  I am posting this particular information because i believe it is the best i have read; enjoying amanitas myself, i could not have said any of this better. 

i hope you all enjoy this, sometime soon.  :regularshroom: :regularshroom: :regularshroom:

Instruction and Cautions

It must be considered first that potency of these mushrooms varies. The Mushrooms picked early in the season seem to be a bit more potent than those at the end of the season. Although if you know exactly what this mushroom looks like, and I emphasize exactly, it is pretty difficult to mistake anything else for this very obvious mushroom: Never eat ANY Mushroom unless you are ABSOLUTELY 100% sure it is the one you want. Many mushrooms in the Amanita genus are deadly this means BE VERY CAREFUL!!

I cannot stress this enough. BE CAREFUL!!

Amanita muscaria can be "WELL" cooked and eaten in Scrambled eggs, beans, soups etc in small quantities (30 to 40 g. fresh weight) with good results. They are quite tasty like this and have been reported as giving a general sense of well-being. Notice I stressed, "Well" cooked, they should be cooked first to a well-done state so as to convert most of the Ibotenic acid to Muscimol (see below).

This is some of the information that I feel is important for anyone that is interested in the full-blown experience. Since it is a "DEATH (And Rebirth) EXPERIENCE" it is not for everyone. It bears NO resemblance to any other Entheogen (experience wise) and this includes any other kind of Mushroom. Many people have taken this mushroom only to have a misfire (too low dosage to get the full experience) and decided that the full-blown experience was not attainable with these. Others have taken enough to have the full-blown experience only to get the living shit scared out of them by what they reveal. The experience is such that one time and you will gain a new perspective but it takes several times to get a little bit of a grasp on the experience these mushrooms offer.

Please take these Precautions and Suggestions very seriously.

One thing I need to mention right off the bat, is that most people throw up. So you would not want to do this alone as throwing up, while in any out of body experience, can be dangerous. Many famous people have died from choking on their own vomit; do not make the same mistake.

? Have friends (monitors) there for sure. 
? Make sure friends do not influence you in ANY way about your experience. No on site analysis. 
? Make sure friends know your hearing is intensified as well as your psychic perceptions so there should be no conversations within your proximity, especially about your experience. 
? Have friends write down or record what you say. 
? Asking questions for clarity is ok, but avoid leading questions. 
? If you have a particular quest: Write down your own questions for friends to ask you (reminder). 
? If 2 or more people do it together they will merge and have a communal experience. Like the Vulcan mind meld. 
? Music does not matter once state is achieved. 
? If you watch a movie you will BE the movie. (Avoid Boxing matches) This has been reported in the latter parts of stage 2 experiences also.

People who are familiar with shamanic/ecstatic trance will not be surprised if an explorer takes off all their clothes and runs around babbling. Know this is a possibility. Friends: If you have never seen first hand an initiation ecstatic-trance in South Africa or South America or at least a videotape of one you may want to hunt some down. You will recognize it when you see it. Also when someone enters the spirit realm they put off their bodies. This means they may hit the ground. Be prepared for this possibility and prevent injuries accordingly. Write down what appears to be babbling because it will prove to be very unusual and interesting analysis material for later.

The best time/place for Amanitas

Late night/early morning. Wide-open spaces (no-one in yelling range) The Sunrise and sunlight are much better than the darkness; the light literally goes through you. You will feel yourself being born into light (feeling each and every cell as it changes).

The following recipe is for attempting the full-blown Amanita muscaria death- rebirth experience. Positive people have reported results that consume smaller amounts every day as well. This is the way to get at the full experience. It is most highly suggested that you recycle your urine because this is the high-magic alchemical process. Your body prepares the chemicals and separates them into your urine sop you can safely re-ingest them in a more potent state. You don't need to but you will need to consume more mushrooms if you don't and the mushrooms contain more of the Ibotenic acid which causes the uncomfortable and less desirable physical effects (sweating/nausea) whereas your body converts the Ibotenic acid to Muscimol which is that which produces the desirable effects. So if you can get over that old conditioning you will be the higher for it.

A decent size cap is 6" use 4 to 6 with stems. (Approx 28g dry weight)

Dry them first (Decarboxylation) crush or shred into powder or small pieces. (Coffee grinders work quite well for powdering the dried mushrooms).

Add to 6 cups of water keep just barely boiling (bubbling) for 1 hour.

Strain and cool. Drink 2 cups (or roughly half of the liquid). Or you can also just mix it relatively thin and drink the liquid with the pulp (this is what I suggest) but just consuming the strained material is easier (in case you are trying to keep this as easy as possible).

Make sure you make water before your first cup, because the rest of your water you are going to re-ingest. Yes I mean the consumption of your urine. Don't worry it will not hurt you. In fact if your ill it will help your body fight off whatever ails you since all of the antibodies your immune system makes to fight off disease are filtered off into your urine (an intentional miraculous process). Besides you are a serious explorer aren't you? Remember, in the Christianity section, I said that Jesus said to the woman at the well, "If you knew who I was, you would ask me for waters to drink, for I would give you living waters" He was not kidding. It is an alchemical process even for those who are conditioned with repugnance to certain things. It is just an easier one to swallow if you are not fed a predisposition to abhor the idea. Just chase it with some Iced Tea you'll be fine. The post- alchemical-process material is much better, and worth the effort. After first passing water wait an hour before consuming any more source material. Do not waste your urine keep recycling until you achieve the proper effects.

Wait 2 full hours for effects.

If desired effect is not achieved (you will definitely know)drink 1 more cup.

After 1 more hour, if the state is not achieved repeat.

Hopefully you have had some practice with Meditation. This comes into play because you are waking your Spiritual Consciousness into your Surface Consciousness state. There is massive Time compression.

3 states of Consciousness: This will help explain the experience.

1) Surface (Conditioned) Consciousness. Internal dialog and thought perception is approximately the same speed as voice (conversation).

2) Sub/supra (dream state) Consciousness. Some time compression, thought speed accelerated. Example: You may dream a whole days event in a few minutes.

3) Spiritual (the real you) Consciousness. You experience massive time compression. Thought speed is accelerated abundantly, possibly beyond time.

As in Meditation you let all thoughts pass through you without reaction. You may experience a floating or sinking sensation. The Yogis say to go upwards and try to keep yourself there. When you go down you experience the other side. If you go down you eventually will come back up. It seems the further down you go the higher you also go. This may seem confusing but while in the state you will understand.

The 3 stages of effects:

1) The first stage is generally euphoric. Expect a lightness of being as well as an assumption of increased strength.

2) The second stage is where you will feel a lightness or a heaviness coming on. This is where you are starting to "Put Off" your physical body. Expect to feel like you are spiritually (and physically) falling through or shooting into space. You may feel an excessive HEAVINESS in your feet, legs (up to the knees or hips) then moving to the rest of your torso. If you lie down (highly recommended) you will feel your whole body getting heavy, and the sensation that you are flying out of it.

3) The third stage sometimes has an "In and Out" effect as it comes on. You should definitely lie down when this happens. You will feel a flash that is a jump into another dimension. When this happens, if you are standing up, you will fall down. So make sure you are lying comfortably as this starts to happen. These flashes will at first be instantaneous. The perception is that you are leaving and returning having seen something completely different than your present surroundings. Then the flash turns into a full dimensional shift. This is when many people experience their life flashing before their eyes. You may start to panic, thinking you have eaten the wrong thing or have made a fatal mistake. This is where you will want your friends to reassure you that you are not going to die. Friends may also call the person by name and wake them temporarily. This is good for monitoring purposes because for the experiencer things are happening so fast that there is no way to bring back all of the things that have been seen. If you do not reach the 3rd stage, you may want to try again at another time as this 3rd stage is where all the action is happening and is the sought after effect.

Amanita Muscaria is not similar to anything else. No other experiences have any relationship to this experience. Excepting perhaps the traditional N.D.E. (Near Death Experience). When the time compression factor occurs expect to see your life flashing before your eyes. The reason this is thought of as a near death experience is this effect. If you understand the concept of Re- incarnation then you can grasp the concept that you have died before, maybe many, many times. Therefore this flash of your life before your eyes is familiar. This is not just a simple "hey I felt like I was dying" thing. You literally know you are dying because of the nature of the experience. If you are not familiar with (or a believer in) Reincarnation, it has little bearing with the experience itself. Just know you will see your life flash before your eyes (interpret it as you will). I know that this whole explanation of this event is hard to believe, but if you feel inclined to do it by yourself (without friends) this is a choice I can only advise against. It's just a suggestion, but a very strong one.

thanks for viewing this

may all your quests end with answers
may all your journeys lead you home!

peace & understanding
TodCasil        :megaman:

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: Amanita at Length [Re: Todcasil]
    #2823147 - 06/24/04 05:12 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

sheds a new light on amanitas!

--------------------
GET MAD SWAG MONEY BIG PIMPIN

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Re: Amanita at Length [Re: Wysefool]
    #2824319 - 06/24/04 03:46 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

awesome, thats the whole point :wink:

peace BZ

the casil

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
    #2824433 - 06/24/04 04:13 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

The last time I did amanitas I blacked out but I know I'll be able to find more this year - it's the only mushroom I've been able to find so far.

--------------------
GET MAD SWAG MONEY BIG PIMPIN

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

#2825799 - 06/24/04 11:47 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

also, here is a link to my very first amanita trip, in case anyone hasnt read it and was interested.

http://www.shroomery.org/index/the/default/par/11970

peace

--------------------
GODDESSES
GODS.

~Casil

Offlinechubbycharley
the chubbiest ofthe charleys
Male
Loc: everywhere
    #2826076 - 06/25/04 12:50 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i now have a greater understanding of the amanitas and am not so intimidated by them. maybe someday i will find myself at the foot of an amanita experience, maybe not. but all i know for sure is that i will be prepared.

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

#2845847 - 07/01/04 03:03 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

biggity bump.

--------------------
GODDESSES
GODS.

~Casil

InvisiblePsilostylin
Captain Save Em'
Loc: New Orleans!
    #2845908 - 07/01/04 03:22 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

very well informed post. thank you toadcasil.

OfflineLoneDeranger
Deranger

Loc: Nonething
Re: Amanita at Length [Re: Psilostylin]
    #2845916 - 07/01/04 03:26 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Very great post. You're the first person to make me understand why people drink their urine. My next amanita trip will be great.

--------------------
Mescalito is my homeboy...

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Re: Amanita at Length [Re: LoneDeranger]
    #2848138 - 07/01/04 06:40 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

amanita is beautiful, if you dance with it properly!

--------------------
GODDESSES
GODS.

~Casil

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #2849497 - 07/02/04 01:34 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...;o=&fpart=1

my amanita trip report... thanks toad for helping out with it... had some other things i did along with it too but the visuals were all from the mushroom.

Offlinethe man
still tappin caps

Loc: C A N A D A
Re: Amanita at Length [Re: CptnGarden]
    #2851720 - 07/02/04 04:14 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i was reading somthing abotu calmus teh other day and it was talkign about hallucinegens and said a ontario tribe of natives ate amantias. anyone have more info??

--------------------
http://www.fsrc.caand FSRE are now accepting edible/medicinal spores. please donate

And Moses Said "Let my mushrooms grow!"

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
Re: Amanita at Length [Re: Wysefool]
    #2851906 - 07/02/04 05:20 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

BlackZombie said:
The last time I did amanitas I blacked out but I know I'll be able to find more this year - it's the only mushroom I've been able to find so far.

Dido, Arthur is who made me want to try them in the first place. I think that some fungus of the blue staining variety might help you stay awake. By the way, urin isn't all that bad. (I know somebody might have something smart to say about this)

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Re: Amanita at Length [Re: mr_minds_eye]
    #2855333 - 07/04/04 03:10 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

shroomie of doomie is my new favorite pokemon

--------------------
GODDESSES
GODS.

~Casil

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #2855376 - 07/04/04 03:25 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Do anybody know a good European source for Amanita?

--------------------

OfflineHoodedForestDwellr
Terrorist/Musician

Loc: North West US
Re: Amanita at Length [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2856555 - 07/04/04 04:40 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Very good post, anyone who wants to try them should read this.

--------------------

--- "As your attorny I advise you to rent a very fast car with no top, and you'll need the cocaine." - Dr. Gonzo

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Re: Amanita at Length [Re: HoodedForestDwellr]
    #2857331 - 07/05/04 12:40 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

ive only recieved A Muscaria from North American sources, but im sure someone here who has had some experience with euro providers will PM you...

peace

--------------------
GODDESSES
GODS.

~Casil

InvisibleMycomancer
Psi Cubed
 User Gallery

#2857332 - 07/05/04 12:40 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Just like to have something cleared up; The Audobon field guide states that the American grown muscaria does not produce visions like a european one.  This seems to me like a case of calculated misinformation.  Any thoughts on this?

:rasta:,

mycomancer

--------------------

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

Loc: Darkover
    #2882952 - 07/12/04 06:39 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

"I go through all this
before you wake up
so I can feel happier
to be safe again with you"

I simply chew two or three dried cap segements (I don't really like the idea of drinking my own urine I nearly tried it once but was unable to swallow any significant amount -I'm not normally squeamish- but I don't vomit either so there's a plus!).
Keep it clean keep it mean!

("tsk all them modern things") :sun:

--------------------
"Odrade read the word silently and then aloud.
"Arafel."
She knew this word.Reverend Mothers of the tyrants time had impressed it into the Bene Gesserit consciousness,tracing it's roots to the most ancient sources.
"Arafel:the cloud darkness at the end of the universe.""

Edited by Silverwolf (07/12/04 06:46 PM)

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Re: Amanita at Length [Re: Silverwolf]
    #2883514 - 07/12/04 09:16 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

definatly a case of misinformation, as far as american A Muscaria is concerned.  ive only eaten American grown varaties.  Audobon cant always be correct unfortunatly...

silverwolf: good taste :smile:

--------------------
GODDESSES
GODS.

~Casil

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Herb Grinder

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience