Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
I am the bane of all lawn shroom hunters-
    #2800398 - 06/16/04 08:02 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I own a small lawn buisness in the Atlanta area.. Every day at work, I find a few mushrooms, and many times a ton. I wonder HOW MANY times someone has mowed over some Weilli and not even known it.. SOO sad.!!!:mushroom2: anyways, I am just letting everyone know: get out there and check your yards! with the rain the last few days there is a ton of mushrooms popping up everywhere.. Most are NOT active, but that is not the point.. the point is getting good looking for ANY mushroom... white black brown... it will all help when weilli(or whatever active you hunt) season comes around. And also... I must say if you like mushrooms then mowing lawns is a great thing to do : )

Edited by 2Experimental (06/16/04 08:58 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: I am the bane of all lawn shroom hunters- go me! [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2800560 - 06/16/04 08:46 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I've got a friend who's doing construction in the Atlanta area in a very nice gated 800k+ neighborhood. He said he found literally thousands of mushrooms growing in clusters all over some newly laid sod. He brought me some mushrooms so I could inspect them and I think he could have damn well found several thousand subbs. I'm going over to the place tomorrow to take a look and get some pictures. Wewt.

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: I am the bane of all lawn shroom hunters- go me! [Re: Gumby]
    #2800613 - 06/16/04 08:58 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

awsome! I find TONS of pans all over the yards I mow... no subbs yet... I have heard subbs CAN grow on lawns(especially if the person mulches) and people have found them there before? how likely is it tho?

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #2800622 - 06/16/04 09:00 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Well in this case I think it's pretty likely, after looking at the mushrooms, the stems look identical to Pan subbs. He also said they grew in tight clusters, another characteristic of subbs. The fact that they're growing from new sod also makes me think that they might be subbs. All the dirt I've seen on the bottom of sod has been black, which makes me think they might grow it in manure or something.

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #2800661 - 06/16/04 09:09 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

well, new sod dirt is always black.. I am not sure what it is, but whatever it is it is very rich... most LIKELY its cow manure..
I am not a subb expert and don't feel like searching :frown:

what do subbs grow most commonly on, straw? can they grow well in grass clipping piles and manure?

also here in atlanta what is subb season? all summer?

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #2800736 - 06/16/04 09:26 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I'm not sure what the exact season is, but the earliest I've picked them is March and they continue to grow till around the first freeze or two. Long season. Your best bet for subbs would probably be a pile of stable shavings(horse poo and woodchips). Possibly on new sod. We'll know tomorrow :smile:

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #2803137 - 06/17/04 05:05 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the tips! I'm going out hunting right now, and I have a few places in mind : )

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: I am the bane of all lawn shroom hunters- go me! [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #2803759 - 06/17/04 09:39 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

find anything? I found a TON today while working on lawns... as I drove by this one guys house I saw what I swore was a patch of subbs, but upon permission to inspect them(he was standing outside wattering the garden) I found out there were a non avtive ... this lead to a conversation where I posed as a 'studying mycologist' and explained LBM's to him, and also mentioned the illusive wale eyes that grow in the atlanta area.... sadly, when I was about to leave he asked me " how can I get rid of them" and then I told him mushrooms are good for your lawn.. at least the kind he had growing....but he insisted so i told him about scotts mushroom control application.

InvisibleMadSeasonAbove
Reef Donkey
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida Flag
    #2804076 - 06/17/04 11:23 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

2Experimental said:
but he insisted so i told him about scotts mushroom control application.

shame on you for doing such a thing!:lol:

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: I am the bane of all lawn shroom hunters- go me! [Re: MadSeasonAbove]
    #2804156 - 06/17/04 11:44 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I must do my job to not spread misinformation.. this is my choice, whether I like the outcome or not! oh well if he kills all his mushrooms it will be his own fault and in 10 years his lawn wont be as healthy because he diden't do it like nature intended, this is the problem with society

OfflineOOISI
Suburbanaut
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: SA
    #2804594 - 06/18/04 03:36 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Should of told him its not his land to poison, also that if we didnt live with mushrooms we wouldnt be living at all. Earth would of died within 60 or so years because the mushrooms kept tree foilage from overrunning us!

this isnt misinfo either!

also if required , the elaboration on the land not being owned by him.
That land was there for millions of years, him, up to a mere hundred 25 at max...

So the bloody least he could do is leave the mushrooms that requires a few centimetres squared max from the land!

..sorry, but these type of people just piss me off, thinkin' shrooms are ugly and all, then ripping them out "their" precious fucking yard

--------------------
Subaeruginosa Guide

Bless the Lord, O my soul O my soul Worship His holy name.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: I am the bane of all lawn shroom hunters- go me! [Re: OOISI]
    #2804687 - 06/18/04 06:01 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

"their" precious fucking yard

Fucking right. IT is their precious fucking property!

Hay dude, maybe someday you might own your own land, but with your attitude, I REALLY DOUBT IT.

HOW WOULD YOU LIKE SOMEONE PROWLING ON YOUR PROPERTY THAT YOU WORK HARD ALL OF YOUR LIFE TO OWN.

GET A GRIP ON YOUR REALITY DUDE. IT IS WAY OFF BALANCED.

mj

OfflineOOISI
Suburbanaut

Re: I am the bane of all lawn shroom hunters- go me! [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2804845 - 06/18/04 08:38 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I think 'land' belongs to Earth but shes so kind to us she lets us use it , our thanks to her is by ripping her up with digging machinery or in this case poisoning her.

We shouldnt have to work hard for our land. God gave us this earth to the human race to share. some people got greedy and decided to "CLAIM' it then make people work for it.

By 'prowling' do you mean looking at shrooms? i wouldnt mind, really. If they vandalised it or caused damage et cetra i would care but thats a different story.

You cant own a piece of the Earth, she offers you her a iota of her crust to establish a settlement upon, but she does not wish to be abused as she is now.

It is the precious property but they only truly deserve it if they respect it not if they sacrifice their life to get a job.

And why that pisses me off is, that shroom is living in perfect harmony with the land

--------------------
Subaeruginosa Guide

OfflineRoccaDogg
Waiting For myRuca

Loc: North Idaho...yes there a...
Re: I am the bane of all lawn shroom hunters- [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2805153 - 06/18/04 10:46 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

OOISI, do you think that we should all have lawns and gardens of weeds and whatever grows just naturally? I understand your perspective on the issue but seriously, man has made some very enjoyable and natural alterations to the land. Look at the beautiful parks and man-made lakes; are these creations not natural? I guess my point is that you are a little extreme, and MJ is right about it being THEIR land and THEIR choice. If they don't want mushrooms, they don't have to have mushrooms! When you own land and you want patches of mushrooms or whatever...that's great! It's the free choice. It doesn't sound like this gentleman was intending to blatently harm mother nature! I'm not tryin to fuel up a bitching thread but i just need to see what your take on my opinion is. BUt honestly, i really do see your view on man abusing the land and all, it is a reality. If you've ever gone on a long hike or camping trip and then get back to civilization, nothing seems right. It just seems so silly that a creature would want to destroy and develope like we have done. I guess it's all a factor of moderation. Whatever, i'm rambling.

Peace

Peace

OfflineOOISI
Suburbanaut

Re: I am the bane of all lawn shroom hunters- [Re: RoccaDogg]
    #2808404 - 06/19/04 07:23 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

what i truly MEAN is that you cannot CLAIM ownership of land
of course man has altered land and its perfectly ok
but to go out you to poison land to get rid of another life form a spirit, is just plain selfish.

If man exists than of course his gonna alter it to his benefit or the benefit of others.

--------------------
Subaeruginosa Guide

OfflineJoeyBond
 User Gallery

Re: I am the bane of all lawn shroom hunters- [Re: OOISI]
    #2815847 - 06/21/04 11:37 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

how would you feel if some one bitched about you GROWING mushrooms on your land , to him its the same perspective he doesnt want them, and you want them.

Anonymous

Re: I am the bane of all lawn shroom hunters- [Re: OOISI]
    #2818033 - 06/22/04 05:05 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

So as a police officer, I would need no Warrant to search your possesions? Where do you live so I can come pay you a visit!!! :rolleyes:

OfflineQandA
wanderer

Re: I am the bane of all lawn shroom hunters- [Re: ]
    #2818312 - 06/22/04 06:22 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

That's right, no one owns anything, yada yada yada... Come on. People DO own land. That is a reality. Capitalism is a great thing, it's why you are in the position right now to have a computer, or home, and even be able to voice your opinion. Think about it, man. Unfortunately, life isn't a paradise. We can't have the majority saying "Oh, it's not our land", because it wouldn't take long before some assholes overthrew the place. You must be young because your outlook is quite naive, although in a way, I sort of envy you.

--------------------
I'm not crazy...crazy.

OfflineOOISI
Suburbanaut

Re: I am the bane of all lawn shroom hunters- [Re: QandA]
    #2822243 - 06/23/04 08:16 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Put it this way.... we borrow the land for a lifetime, but we do not own it for eternity. When we die what do we take with us? ourself, our karma thats it, thats all we own, properly own. The rest is just lent to us for this lifetime.
If you owned land, then you could go to places you lived in previous manifestations and kick the current "owner" off of it, but that would be if you owned it. you see my point.

Owning land is just an illusion of desire. You desire to hang on to something dear to you, you are scared of not having security.

Did you make the land? no, so how can you claim it, because some finnancially greedy land salesman sold it to you. Only the creator of earth can bestow you land.

Open your mind the earth owns us. With its sensory pleasures that persuade us and make us fall, taking us further away from liberation.

Maybe im wrong maybe im right. There are two sides of the story, what makes you so sure yours is CORRECT?

--------------------
Subaeruginosa Guide

InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery
Loc: Australia brah
    #2822887 - 06/24/04 12:59 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Gumby said:
I'm going over to the place tomorrow to take a look and get some pictures. Wewt.

Wheres our pictures  :grin:
hehe

--------------------

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music." - George Carlin

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order