Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLoki4545
Stranger
Help - just random FAQ
    #2815780 - 06/21/04 11:08 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Well I'm kinda new too shrooms, I had done them 4 times, after reading a shitload of posts and information on the subject I have found absolutly no negative effects upon the body when ingesting shrooms except poisoning. I was just wondering what exactly the poisoning effect does to your body not the phsycolbyn(sp?) itself. The drug seems a little too good to be true for its highly intense/great experience and feelings. What exactly does the poisoning effect do... and why the hell do muscles contract when you're on em. thanks for anyone who takes the time to answer this post... I know nubby questions like this get annoying so even linking me to older posts I may have missed would be very helpful.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenonamebrandeggs
Stranger
Re: Help - just random FAQ [Re: Loki4545]
    #2815827 - 06/21/04 11:28 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

What? What poison?

InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
    #2816099 - 06/22/04 02:52 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Could you link us to the (mis)information of our sacred psilocybe mushrooms containing poison please.

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
    #2816345 - 06/22/04 06:46 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

There is no poisoning effect.

Psilocybin and psilocin are the most active substances in psilocybe mushrooms. Psilocybin is converted into psilocin and psilocin has an effect on our brian. There is no good reason to call psilocin a poison.

The drug seems a little too good to be true for its highly intense/great experience and feelings.

It is true and yes, it's good for many people! :smile:

OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
    #2816504 - 06/22/04 07:47 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

At the top of this forum, the very 2nd thread is sticky, and it reads "How hallucinogenic drugs work".... do a search :P goto erowid.

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
Re: Help - just random FAQ [Re: HarveyWalbanger]
    #2816537 - 06/22/04 08:15 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I think, he referes to the so called 'body-load' ?!
Would interest me as well. Is this the serotonic effect of psyloci(bi)n on our vegetative nervous-system ? And why is it not so heavy with pure psyloci(bi)n for example with tea ?

Peace

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

OfflineKasumeat
Truism

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Re: Help - just random FAQ [Re: BlueCoyote]
    #2822051 - 06/23/04 06:57 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Psyilocybin is technically a poison. It impairs one's thoughts and senses, which is something that a poison does, by definition. However, just about anything that you injest fits this definition, so it's not really a significant label.

OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
Re: Help - just random FAQ [Re: Kasumeat]
    #2822163 - 06/23/04 07:37 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

A mind manifesting substance is nowhere near the same as a poison. Acetaminophen has a higher LD50 than X.

Edit: Corrected........

Edited by HarveyWalbanger (06/24/04 06:34 AM)

OfflineHawkeye2
Resident TranceAddict

Re: Help - just random FAQ [Re: HarveyWalbanger]
    #2822566 - 06/23/04 10:28 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I thought Acetaminophen was Tylenol

OfflineLoki4545
Stranger
Re: Help - just random FAQ [Re: Hawkeye2]
    #2822765 - 06/23/04 11:59 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

OK well then riddle me this, why do my hands always stay the same temperature but still get clamy and wet, and when I eat them I always get a mild stomach ache sometimes after I eat em and sometimes after I trip? Come on has to be something bad about them in order to make them Illegal, however... Weed has been scientificly proven worse than alcohol but yet it still is illegal.

OfflineLoki4545
Stranger
    #2822836 - 06/24/04 12:26 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

OK im an idiot lol, this pretty much validates that these effects are the ONLY negative effects while indulging in the sweet and tasty (Why do people think they're so ronched out =P) mushi mushrooms.

http://www.usdoj.gov/ndic/pubs6/6038/index.htm#risks

This is the best shit they can put up for illegalizing this vegetable that causes perceptional changes in the mind creating some very enlightening effects such as learning more about yourself spiritualy and mentaly.
Quote:

Is psilocybin illegal?
Yes, psilocybin is illegal. Psilocybin is a Schedule I substance under the Controlled Substances Act. Schedule I drugs, which include heroin and LSD, have a high potential for abuse and serve no legitimate medical purpose in the United States.

Your kidding me right? Can be used for abuse? Lets look over cigarettes one of the leading killers in North-America to date. Not to mention alcohol... which can ultimatley destroy ones life if someone becomes addicted... oh well, government has always been retarted...

Edited by Loki4545 (06/24/04 12:31 AM)

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Help - just random FAQ [Re: Kasumeat]
    #2822979 - 06/24/04 01:58 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

>Psilocybin is technically a poison. It impairs one's thoughts and senses

Impairs the thoughts and senses? Exactly the opposite is the case!!

OfflineKasumeat
Truism

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Re: Help - just random FAQ [Re: Anno]
    #2826553 - 06/25/04 12:47 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I don't think you can argue that it doesn't impare SOME sense and thoughts. In most people, anyways.

I'm well aware that Tylenol is more poisonous than psilocybin, which is why I said it's a meaningless label.

Psilocybin isn't harmful, and that's what matters.

OfflineIamthewalrus
every evening Idied and everynight I wasreborn
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
    #2826705 - 06/25/04 01:59 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

the only thing "bad" about shrooms is that they can trigger prexisting mental disorders in ppl(but a tramatic event can trigger it as well)...other than that they are completely safe...the only way a mentally stable person could be harmed while on shrooms is by doing something stupid like driving or hurting themselves etc...which is why a sitter is good for inexperienced trippers or for heroic doses

theres a couple studys going on now concerning psilocybin...one is for treatment of migraines and cluster headaches and the other is for terminal cancer patients....so my question to you is. if psilocybin becomes a prescribed medication for certain problems would you still consider it a poison?

OfflineTranceport
Traveler
Loc: Vancouver, BC
Re: Help - just random FAQ [Re: Iamthewalrus]
    #2827686 - 06/25/04 11:01 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

theres a couple studys going on now concerning psilocybin...one is for treatment of migraines and cluster headaches and the other is for terminal cancer patients....so my question to you is. if psilocybin becomes a prescribed medication for certain problems would you still consider it a poison?

Many prescribed medications are poisons. Consider most chemotherapy agents used in the treatment of cancer. They are cellular poisons that disrupt various cell processes. Fast growing cells are the most vulnerable to their cellular machinery being tampered with, hence the gastrointestinal side effects and alopecia that accompany most chemotherapeutic anti-cancer drugs.

AZT was initially developed as an anti-cancer drug, but it proved to be so toxic that it was shelved until it was tried as a treatment for HIV and actually worked.

A bit more removed because the host orgamism is not necessarily harmed, but all drugs used to treat infections or viral infections are poisons. Their mechanism of action is to kill or so seriously damage foreign organisms in the body that they cease to function.

Psilocin and psylocibin are not poisons. Just because a substance alters brain chemistry does not mean it is a poison.

OfflineLoki4545
Stranger
Re: Help - just random FAQ [Re: Tranceport]
    #2841853 - 06/29/04 11:14 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Here's something interesting.

poi?son ( P ) Pronunciation Key (poizn)
n.
1. A substance that causes injury, illness, or death, especially by chemical means.

2. Something destructive or fatal.

3. Chemistry & Physics. A substance that inhibits another substance or a reaction: a catalyst poison.

Looks like what they mean by poisonous is "inhibits another substance or a reaction" which is quite interesting because... that's all shrooms do, changes the way nuerotransmitters fire off (simplified I know) I guess psylocibin is a catalyst poison.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order