Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHoodedForestDwellr
Terrorist/Musician

Loc: North West US
Amanita Muscaria Cultivation
    #2821881 - 06/23/04 05:48 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

If you have experience growing Amanitas I could use some advise...I am tired of buying these sacred mushrooms and want to grow them! Here we go...

1. Elevation?
2. Season/month to drop spores?
3. Sun light factor?
4. Weathering factors?
5. Specific tree types that work Best?

Thanks

--------------------

--- "As your attorny I advise you to rent a very fast car with no top, and you'll need the cocaine." - Dr. Gonzo

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: Amanita Muscaria Cultivation [Re: HoodedForestDwellr]
    #2821898 - 06/23/04 05:57 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

maybe if you spawn the dirt under the right type of tree outside.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Terrorist/Musician

Re: Amanita Muscaria Cultivation [Re: Psychoslut]
    #2821905 - 06/23/04 06:01 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Ya, thats the basic Idea...just trying to get more details

--------------------

--- "As your attorny I advise you to rent a very fast car with no top, and you'll need the cocaine." - Dr. Gonzo

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #2822149 - 06/23/04 07:33 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

the tree you need to spawn under is a type of pine i think.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflineXcvX
Stranger
    #2822417 - 06/23/04 09:34 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

According to the book: Magic Mushrooms: In religion and alchemy, the Fly Agaric grows predominatey under birch, pine, fir and oak. It is also known to grown under a number of other conifers and eucalyptus.

In response to your other questions, the book mention nothing about them other than the fact that the fly only fruits once a year (naturally) for about 4-6 weeks.

So in my nonprofessional opinion, if you colonized some substrate with amanita and buried it at the base of a few of those trees, at the right time of year, the Fly will grow and you can produce your soma.

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
    #2822527 - 06/23/04 10:14 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

it has technically never been done, but i salute you if it works, and also hope that it does.

any of those trees should be fine, but it seems to prefer birch

it prefers acidic soil, heather grown nearby can help this.
it grows from tree level to sealine throughout the temperate zone from the arctic southward.  it usually fruits from june through november.

good luck!! for real! keep us informed, no matter how long it takes.  and if you find any of my infor useful, send me a cap :wink:

peace & muscaria
Casil

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Amanita Muscaria Cultivation [Re: Todcasil]
    #2822547 - 06/23/04 10:22 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

YOu liek amantis triping? it bugged out my eyes for a good month after i tried it. I couldnt focus from near to far, far to near and id end up crosseyed. I felt stupid while triping and couldnt stop pacing. No visuals and the only thing i learned is how important my brain is after i lost it on amantis.

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Re: Amanita Muscaria Cultivation [Re: Gr0wer]
    #2822594 - 06/23/04 10:39 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

amanita what? amanitas have to be prepared correctly before consumption. just like a ritualist must prepare his moonstones or whatever their using, you must treat the amanita with respect, heat it at a low level for a about 20 minutes to convert its poisons to what you want them to be. grind them up with something acidic like orange juice, drink. (or you could eat them like chips and drink some oj to chase it).

or maybe it was just the wrong time for amanitas to be inside of you.

peace

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

Invisiblealpiner
goober

Loc: USA
    #2822681 - 06/23/04 11:15 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

ya they are not like ANYTHING else tread carefully with them I have no desire to do that again not because I did not like it but because that state I was in was not me

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Re: Amanita Muscaria Cultivation [Re: alpiner]
    #2822698 - 06/23/04 11:26 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

it is not for the faint of heart or pregnant.

it is efinatly something you must prepare yourself for.

peace
Casil

--------------------
GODDESSES
GODS.

~Casil

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #2822724 - 06/23/04 11:39 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Todcasil said:
amanita what? amanitas have to be prepared correctly before consumption. just like a ritualist must prepare his moonstones or whatever their using, you must treat the amanita with respect, heat it at a low level for a about 20 minutes to convert its poisons to what you want them to be. grind them up with something acidic like orange juice, drink. (or you could eat them like chips and drink some oj to chase it).

or maybe it was just the wrong time for amanitas to be inside of you.

peace

I heated a cup of boiling water and soaked the powderized washington amantis musicaria shrooms in that. I ws told boiling kills potency. I dont feel amantis is one of thos trips when you need to be in the right mind type crap but im sure i was. None of my friends liked it either it's like being drunk and having a really watery mouth and you feel really dumb. We did chase with oj even though it wasnt that bad.

Edited by Gr0wer (06/23/04 11:40 PM)

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Re: Amanita Muscaria Cultivation [Re: Gr0wer]
    #2822749 - 06/23/04 11:52 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

it was powder? was it mostly caps or stems, because its all in the caps... that red flim is the the good.

boiling water sounds like way to much heat, so maybe it did kill the potency...

the drunkeness is the onset of the trip, you were about ready to go nuts i bet with just a little more! or maybe you did go nuts? i always enjoy at least 15 grams of caps (dry) and a cup of oj...

--------------------
GODDESSES
GODS.

~Casil

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #2822821 - 06/24/04 12:18 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I had about 9g it was all caps. I might give it one more try down the road. What do you mean by you get nuts? I got all excited at one point and couldnt stop talking fast and walking around, thats it.

Edited by Gr0wer (06/24/04 12:22 AM)

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #2822980 - 06/24/04 01:59 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

ive tried growing muscaria... ive gotten some mycelium to colonize composted pine needles and such (all those pine needles that turn black and turn into durt stuff, the thick shit under pines) but it grows way too slowly and as far as i can tell impossible to fruit... so your best bet would be to spawn it to some nearby pine trees or birch... and as for grower... im sorry your experience went so badly... try reading this its from the other night

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...t=1#Post2822678

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #2823027 - 06/24/04 02:18 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

if your looking for details hooded... ive tried several different ways... syringes... stems etc.... the one that worked for me was a syringe but it got really clumpy and was a big mess in the end... heres an idea... go buy one of those big rubbermaid plastic tubs... the big blue ones (or whatever color) and fill it with pine debris... try inoculating it and see if you can get any growth... if you can then your one lucky fart knocker like i was... now listen carefuly when i say this though "ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO FRUIT" and takes a LONG time to grow out... i never spawned mine and threw it out in my compost cause i wasnt in my head at that time... try spawning it you could have luck... from what ive read in some posts in the past is that it takes the mycelium up to 2 years to be able to produce fruits... do not take this as 100% accurate advice thought its only what ive read. but it does make sense to me being as it took forever till i saw any growth at all and progress was less than noticeable... if you have any questions PM me and we can discuss stuff on AIM or MSN about amanitas... todcasil is also very knowledgeable and could probably help you out and/or would probably be interested in learning from your experiments if you choose to try anything... one more thing i have read of people doing is when they find amanita in the wild they cut the valuable cap off and leave to stem which by sporing stage would be covered in spores. people did this and came back to their spot next year or a few years later and found more fruits in the same general area... amanitas are an amazing thing... good luck! feel free to drop a PM by.

OfflineXcvX
Stranger
    #2823145 - 06/24/04 03:09 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I've been reading that Mushrooms book and it has some interesting things about the Fly that I thought would be useful to share.

The poison that makes you hallucinate in the Fly Agaric passes through your system quite easily and, if you really like the trip, you can drink your urine for another trip, or someone else can.

Another interesting note was that ancient mountain tribes would eat the amanita but when they were forced into the plains and socialized cattle realized that the psilocybe mush was also a hallucinogen which, it is theorized, the reason Hindus vaue cows as superior beings.

Just some interesting facts I thought I'd share

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Re: Amanita Muscaria Cultivation [Re: XcvX]
    #2823206 - 06/24/04 03:53 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

ritual use of amanita would be to consume your urine during or after your journey. after pasing through your body, the muscarol is more readily absorbed, resulting in an even stronger experience than the first.

might i direct you to this thread for useful and interesting information: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...;o=&fpart=1

peace
Casil

--------------------
GODDESSES
GODS.

~Casil

Terrorist/Musician

#2824613 - 06/24/04 03:03 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Cool thanks so far...I really want to try this even if it does take years, I will master it, or die trying. XcvX, I also have the same book by Clark Heinrich, a very good book about Amanitas. It inspired me to try them because of the religious aspects of its usage (which are overlooked by many...to bad they don't teach kids how much 'drugs' are a part of world religions huh.) I'll pass on the urine drinking though, for now. Though the Rig. Veda explains the prep for Amanitas as 1: Sun 2: And for those warning me about Amanitas thanks, but I have done a fair share of prep-ing/consuming of the Mushroom, and love it none the less! shroomieofdoomie, I had the same thought about using root matter for growing in a tub...but doesn't the tree/root have to be alive for further growth/spawn...like say a real tree? I wonder this...say I have a quite large tub with, say a healthy, small, birch or pine in it with climate control ect. Maybe this could work eh? Climate control would be tricky (to make fake 'seasons')...I would have to devote a whole room to it for sure...also does anyone know if the tree host has to be of a certain age/size? I'm sure fruiting is going to be the main stump of my trials. I know these ideas sound out there but there has to be a way, somehow. PS ShroomieOfDoomie, I am a Johnston too, and my brother and fathers names are John, weird...another note, if you do not have the book; Magic Mushrooms, in religion and alchemy - you must get it...it flipped my Religious views upside down and around again. Peace

--------------------

Terrorist/Musician

#2824635 - 06/24/04 03:12 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Todcasil, that is very interesting indeed...I think I will try the 'human filter' method some time. It is the last of three filtering stages according to the Rig. Veda docs right? Sun, Earth, Body...I think.

--------------------

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #2824755 - 06/24/04 03:56 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

i believe how places like iamshaman.com grow their amanitas is buy having a giant factory where the inside is full of matured pine trees they keep a certain height and its like a rich little forest where they spawn the amanitas into and use fake climates to get them... in this way they are not exactly cultivating but introducing to a environment... as far as ive seen from my testing which has taken close to 3 years with amanitas its impossible to fruit them in your own tub... i dont think putting a little tree in a tub would work cause it needs to be big enough to support the mushroom, this sometimes includes large pine branches to hang out over the top of the mushrooms. ive rarely seen muscaria growing by younger trees... i live in santa cruz california and we have lots of pine forests around here, especially up by yosemite, and we get ALOT of muscaria during winter rains. and out of all my hunting experience i have seen muscaria growing under premature trees twice... heres another idea to try. Plant about 50 pine trees in your front yard and build a fence around that to keep out animals such as neighborhood dogs... sometime in the next 5 years your bound to get at least one muscaria, and if you take the spores of this and make one of those messy syringes and spray it all over the acidic soil you have an even higher chance of getting more in the following years... perhaps over time you will develope a patch of them that fruits regularly throughout the year... and with more falling pine needles you wouldnt need to worry about nutrients being depleted. thats what i plan to do. i currently own a good amount of muscaria tea but i prefer the dried caps over tea. at any rate i wish you luck once again and request to speak with you privately on AIM or MSN about the progress of your experiments i am very interested.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale