Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleautomanM
blasted chipmunk
 User Gallery

dilemma...
    #2821148 - 06/23/04 01:38 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

i need you guys' opinion. i hvae been working on a design for the last 2 years that i finished recently. it uses ocean swells to produce electricity on a large scale. after a patent search, i have found that this is a totally new design. the benefits are amazing to developing nations. you can use it for pure electricy generation, use it to do reverse osmosis and desalination of salt water to turn sea water into potable water, use it to separate hydrogen from sea water, etc.

my problem is, after speaking to patent attourneys, it will cost between $8,000 - $10,000 to patent it. and, i'd have to patent it in every country it would be produced. i wont have the $$ to do this for at least 4 years. so, should i just publish the design and let all that want to use it have it for free? or, would this leave open the door for someone else to patent it?

thanks in advance for your help, guys.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: dilemma... [Re: automan]
    #2821285 - 06/23/04 02:06 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Look out for # 1.

That'd be you in case you weren't sure.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: dilemma... [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2821474 - 06/23/04 03:03 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

:thumbup: Sound advice.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflineT0aD
Stranger

Re: dilemma... *DELETED* [Re: Evolving]
    #2821764 - 06/23/04 04:52 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by T0aD

Reason for deletion: sa

--------------------
Cuba Libre

Edited by T0aD (06/23/04 04:53 PM)

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: dilemma... [Re: T0aD]
    #2821875 - 06/23/04 05:47 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Making it open could very well benefit the world more but would this leave open the door for someone else to patent it? I am curious to know how it could be protected in a manner that would also keep it in the public domain (maybe something along the lines of copylefted source code). Of course he could patent it and make sure that rights were available to everyone to utilize the patent. I also see nothing wrong with a person wishing to live comfortably off of his work while keeping the price down and having it accessible to those who need it by licensing it to as many as manufacturers as possible with agreements that would force the manufacturers to keep prices reasonable.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Invisiblefunkymonk
Get's down, withthe get-down.
 User Gallery

Loc: saskatchewan
    #2822465 - 06/23/04 09:54 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

What I would recommend doing automan, would be to put together a presentation..
And try to sell it to different companies? hmm but then they could steal the plans right?

maybe you can get a grant to start the process?

OfflineRuNE
bomberman

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: tartarus
    #2822560 - 06/23/04 10:26 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

This sounds very similar to another invention just like it...... It involved generating electricity by having water flow through a sheet with holes in it. The water 'rubbing' up against the material would produce minute amounts of charge, so it would have to be incorprated into miles of underground pipes and such to work. However, there was a downside that the 'finished' water product was charged in a way that was bad for the environment.

Sorry, I'm just trying to remember bits and pieces from what i read in an article.
Does this sound familiar?

--------------------
~Happy sailing~

Jump to top Pages: 1