Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleHallucinogen
Raoul Duke

Loc: Amsterdam
Shoorming too much ?
    #2820790 - 06/23/04 02:06 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

You guys think Im shrooming too much ? for the past 4 weeks I shroomed 4 times .. am I overdoing it ? (I still get level 4-5 trips), but I just started thinking maybe I need to lay off it for a few months after July 4th.

Whatcha think.

--------------------
Substrate + jars = $20
Magic Mushroom spores = $12
Growing your own Magic Mushrooms = Priceless

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePhishgrrl
Walking in thetall trees...
 User Gallery

Re: Shoorming too much ? [Re: Hallucinogen]
    #2820806 - 06/23/04 02:09 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

If you are enjoying it, it can't hurt you. I think it's good for you. Food of the Gods. You will know when you need to stop for awhile.

--------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...

OfflineEuphoria
watch theweatherchange...

Re: Shoorming too much ? [Re: Phishgrrl]
    #2821606 - 06/23/04 05:42 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Seems to me if you posted this topic, you might already know you need to stop for a while :smile:  Or maybe not :smile:

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2821722 - 06/23/04 06:38 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Know your body and your mind...I agree that if you have to ask, maybe it's best that you give yourself a little break. 

I can always tell when I need a break from psychedelics.  There is just a feeling that I get letting me know that I need to take some time off.  Besides, even if you aren't tripping you'll be integrating the things you've learned and experienced from previous trips, so it's all good!  :smile:

InvisibleHallucinogen
Raoul Duke

Re: Shoorming too much ? [Re: MOTH]
    #2821763 - 06/23/04 06:52 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I cant get myself to stop!

--------------------
Substrate + jars = $20

InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

Loc: Yorkshire Moors, Great Br...
    #2821806 - 06/23/04 07:14 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I'm highly suprised you get any experience at all shrooming 4 times in a month. I can only shroom once a month or so due to a build-up in tolerence to psilocybin/psilocyn.

--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

InvisibleHallucinogen
Raoul Duke

Re: Shoorming too much ? [Re: Bi0TeK]
    #2821828 - 06/23/04 07:22 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

So am I, I keep getting level 4 to level 5 trips every time I do it, I expected not to trip at all and then BAM tripping balls.

--------------------
Substrate + jars = $20

InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

#2821862 - 06/23/04 07:38 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Consider yourself lucky!  :smile: I get jack shit off shrooms unless I give myself a months break.

--------------------

InvisibleHallucinogen
Raoul Duke

#2821880 - 06/23/04 07:48 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

This upcoming friday I'll trip one last time till July 4th, and after July 4th I'll stop for few months, prolly till x-mas.

--------------------
Substrate + jars = $20

InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

#2821996 - 06/23/04 08:32 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Heh, my birthdays the 5th of July.. have a few extra for me!  :tongue:

--------------------

InvisibleHallucinogen
Raoul Duke

#2822072 - 06/23/04 09:09 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

lol, i think 4.5g is enough for your bday, mine and everyone elses.

--------------------
Substrate + jars = $20

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#2822337 - 06/23/04 11:00 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Don't you find it hard to integrate everything from shrooming so much though? I mean, making sense of the experiences and allowing your body and mind to adjust and accept the things you see and learn. If I shroom too much, I start to feel really strange, dissociated and withdrawn and "otherworldly," and it's not really a nice feeling. Do you get that?

InvisibleHallucinogen
Raoul Duke

Re: Shoorming too much ? [Re: MOTH]
    #2822363 - 06/23/04 11:13 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
Don't you find it hard to integrate everything from shrooming so much though? I mean, making sense of the experiences and allowing your body and mind to adjust and accept the things you see and learn. If I shroom too much, I start to feel really strange, dissociated and withdrawn and "otherworldly," and it's not really a nice feeling. Do you get that?

Nope, after tripping, the next day I have a "hang-over", and afterwards Im back to 100% normal and still being amazed about the experience.

--------------------
Substrate + jars = $20

Offline5553
    #2822595 - 06/24/04 12:41 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

a little over two years ago for about a 3 month period i did shrooms 3-4 times a week eventually dosing up to 14 grams at once for a trip i would have gotten off 2 grams before.

InvisibleHallucinogen
Raoul Duke

Re: Shoorming too much ? [Re: 5553]
    #2822611 - 06/24/04 12:45 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I always take the same dose 3.5-4.5g, never more never less, and always have a kick ass level 4-5 trip.

--------------------
Substrate + jars = $20

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#2822885 - 06/24/04 02:59 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Hallucinogen said:
I always take the same dose 3.5-4.5g, never more never less, and always have a kick ass level 4-5 trip.

Well, if you're coping with life okay, your trips are great and you're not noticing any negative effects, then more power to you!  :smile:

Anonymous

#2823048 - 06/24/04 04:28 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

tripping too often will wear your soul away. you begin to lose yourself in the drug, and it fucks with your mind severely. to claim that psychedelic drugs are harmless or that they are "good for you" is non-sense.

nobody who does the drug is going to speak badly about it because they want people to think it is just fine...that it is totally harmless, and that is not true at all.

i used psychedelic drugs (mostly acid and shrooms) heavily for years, and until i finally decided i had enough, i never realized what kind of person i was at that time. i didn't want to be around normal people and they didn't want to be around me. we had nothing to talk about...nothing in common, and nothing really meant anything to me anymore. i thought i had reached a higher level of spirituality, but i was really just a big asshole talking a bunch of bullshit and somehow impressing myself by the fact that i could still use nouns and verbs somewhat coherently. i actuallly believed, at the time, that everyone else was fucked up for not accepting/understanding me. i claimed these drugs my religion, tripped harder than anyone i have ever met (over and over), and completely wasted time that would have been better spent doing ANYTHING else.

i don't have any long-term side-effects from all my time abusing psychedelics, but i can look back now and see a person i would never want to be again. someone full of shit. a poser. a slacker. a stain...but the hardest thing to deal with was discovering that this person i had taken all this time learning about wasn't even myself...just a product of the drug.

the good times always end and all you have left is regret for all the time you wasted. pretty soon you begin to understand that you never really had a good time. all you did was waste life...when you only have one chance to get it right.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
    #2823717 - 06/24/04 12:30 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Overdooing shrooms for a while left me feeling a little off. I was doing them every weekend for a few months. It wasnt like i become a blubbering dumbass. It was more emotional, but i didnt trip for a while and it went away/ stopped bothering me.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Offlinepsikooz
Stranger
Loc: Los Angeles
Re: Shoorming too much ? [Re: ]
    #2824682 - 06/24/04 05:33 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Wicked said:
tripping too often will wear your soul away. you begin to lose yourself in the drug, and it fucks with your mind severely. to claim that psychedelic drugs are harmless or that they are "good for you" is non-sense.

nobody who does the drug is going to speak badly about it because they want people to think it is just fine...that it is totally harmless, and that is not true at all.

i used psychedelic drugs (mostly acid and shrooms) heavily for years, and until i finally decided i had enough, i never realized what kind of person i was at that time. i didn't want to be around normal people and they didn't want to be around me. we had nothing to talk about...nothing in common, and nothing really meant anything to me anymore. i thought i had reached a higher level of spirituality, but i was really just a big asshole talking a bunch of bullshit and somehow impressing myself by the fact that i could still use nouns and verbs somewhat coherently. i actuallly believed, at the time, that everyone else was fucked up for not accepting/understanding me. i claimed these drugs my religion, tripped harder than anyone i have ever met (over and over), and completely wasted time that would have been better spent doing ANYTHING else.

i don't have any long-term side-effects from all my time abusing psychedelics, but i can look back now and see a person i would never want to be again. someone full of shit. a poser. a slacker. a stain...but the hardest thing to deal with was discovering that this person i had taken all this time learning about wasn't even myself...just a product of the drug.

the good times always end and all you have left is regret for all the time you wasted. pretty soon you begin to understand that you never really had a good time. all you did was waste life...when you only have one chance to get it right.

Im sorry to hear that man. looks like you were abusing the sacraments. Im sorry that you have had such a horrible experience, i hope you found something in life that gives you meaning. It sounds like you have some serious issues deep within yourself, dont blame them on the mushroom or lsd, look into them and have a true spiritual awakening.

peace and love

InvisibleHallucinogen
Raoul Duke

Re: Shoorming too much ? [Re: ]
    #2824718 - 06/24/04 05:41 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Wicked said:

That was deep man, very deep.
See man, I have a great job, I have alot of money, I have a wife, I have a house, I have cars, and I have alot of close friends, so Im not really missing out on anything, I do shrooms to have fun in a diffrent way then drinking and shit, I love the feeling shrooms give me, if I didnt like it, I wouldnt be doing it.
Im sorry you had such fucked up shit happen, but I totally dont see myself that way, but anyways, Ill be taking shrooms for the last time on June 4th, last time till x-mas that is, and then wait till New Years 2005 to completly stop for for few years.
And I agree with psikooz 100%.

--------------------
Substrate + jars = $20

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Terrence McKenna

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience