Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
anyone here grow non-trip plants?
    #2819825 - 06/23/04 01:36 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

just wondering if anyone grows "medicinal" plants that are not necesarily used for visions and the like. Things that say help pains, replenish certain things etc. im very interested in growing plants that aid in organ health.

just got a hold of some non hybridized st johns wort, so im going ot get a little patch going with the seeds.

anywho be neat to hear what everyone has and what it does, or is said to do.

kada

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: anyone here grow non-trip plants? [Re: kadakuda]
    #2820074 - 06/23/04 05:46 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I always thought opium poppies helped out with pain well :smile:.

--------------------
]

OfflineRemut
Green Thumb
Re: anyone here grow non-trip plants? [Re: Wysefool]
    #2820085 - 06/23/04 06:03 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I grow herbs for cooking ones like , sage ,dill, summer savory, winter savory, bee balm, St john wort, terragon, and some others.

Used right datura can be use medicaly, bee balm make good calming tea, and Valarin root works best for chilling.

--------------------
DO what I Would

Edited by Remut (06/23/04 06:06 AM)

InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

Loc: Old Europe
    #2820246 - 06/23/04 08:58 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I grow habeneros.

OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
    #2820336 - 06/23/04 09:36 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Aloe Vera. I take care of it, it takes care of me. (I have really deep tendon and muscle injuries from martial arts).. I saved it from a really really shitty planting job about 3 years ago and it seems to LOOOOOVE me  :heart:

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
    #2820359 - 06/23/04 09:46 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Amalaki trees. Said in yoga tantras that one can live their entire life on Amla and milk. Amla is a natural rasayana which means that it has five of the six Ayurveda identified tastes. It balances all physiologies. Very interesting flavor but needs to be made into a jam. As such, it's usually sold as Chayavanprash. I got my trees from www.pctgardens.com

Then there's also bamboo, to quote:

Ode to Bamboo

A man can sit in a bamboo house under a bamboo roof, on a bamboo chair at a bamboo table, with a bamboo hat on his head and bamboo sandals on his feet. He can at the same time hold in one hand a bamboo bowl, in the other hand bamboo chopsticks and eat bamboo sprouts. When through with his meal, which has been cooked over a bamboo fire, the table may be washed with a bamboo cloth, and he can fan himself with a bamboo fan, take a siesta on a bamboo bed, lying on a bamboo mat with his head resting on a bamboo pillow. His child might be lying in a bamboo cradle, playing with a bamboo toy. On rising he would smoke a bamboo pipe and taking a bamboo pen, write on bamboo paper, or carry his articles in bamboo baskets suspended from a bamboo pole, with a bamboo umbrella over his head. He might then take a walk over a bamboo suspension bridge, drink water from a bamboo ladle, and scrape himself with a bamboo scraper (handkerchief).

Quoted from A Yankee on the Yangtze . William Edgar Geil. London: Hodder and Stoughton. 1904. In Yangtze Patrol . Kemp Tolley. Annapolis: U.S. Naval Institute Press. 1971. Page 268.

I also grow Gotu Cola. Cool thing is it comes back year after year. It likes shade. Tastes like carrots. Good for everything. I also have alfalfa as my ground cover. From you guessed it, alfalfa sprout seeds. It is called in Latin Medicago sativa, and as the name suggests it is very medicinal with loads of vitamins and calcium. I grow Tulsi basil, and I think it would be seriously cool to grow Shatavari - Indian asparagus which is used in all ayurvedic women's recipes.

As you can tell I like Indian and exotic plants.

--------------------
...or something

Offlineeve69
Male User Gallery

Re: anyone here grow non-trip plants? [Re: eve69]
    #2820374 - 06/23/04 09:53 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Tell you what, I also have been wanting White Sage seeds or plants for awhile. I just can't seem to find them. If anyone has some for trade please PM. Danke.

--------------------
...or something

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #2820383 - 06/23/04 09:56 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

i grow tiny tomatoes and aromatic herbs too. my garden follows the old style, tomatoes, parsley, lemongrass, nastrutium, melissa officinalis, papayas, bananas, passiflora, ilex paraguariensis, guarana, my mother has her collection that ranges from spices to orchids and other mother's plants...

FH

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #2820510 - 06/23/04 10:33 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I grow all sorts of stuff, sage, thyme, parsley, lavendar, catnip, spearmint, heather, hollyhock, hyacinth, wild flowers, chives, peppers, curry plant, hops, the list goes on..

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: anyone here grow non-trip plants? [Re: neuro]
    #2820531 - 06/23/04 10:41 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I wish I could have a real garden.. Im growing some smallll hot peppers.. and 2 upside down tomatto plants..

If uv never heard of em cut a 2" hole in a 5 gallon bucketPut a piece of news paper over the hole with a slit in it so hte plant wont fall threw the hole.... Itll grow roots quickly to hold it in place... I like growing them this way because u dont need to brace the plants at all.. they just grow up and around the bucket..

OfflineAelph
Playing in thedirt again

Loc: Metro Hotlanta
    #2820689 - 06/23/04 11:41 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I grow a bunch of tropical plants, a bunch of cactus (both ethno and non-ethno), a bunch of herbs, a huge hummingbird garden... vines and flowers. Growing 2 varieties of Stevia, Aztec sweet herb, some FoTi and some Brugmansia.

The more I think about it.... I have too many plants.... and not enough!

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

Re: anyone here grow non-trip plants? [Re: Legoulash]
    #2820692 - 06/23/04 11:41 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

thats awsome.

eve69, im really interested in that Amalaki tree. i went to the site and didnt find it under any of the categories, or the search. You happen to have the full latin name by chance?

Why is the tomato grown upside down? Sounds like it looks neat, but is there purpose?

--------------------

OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

#2820884 - 06/23/04 12:22 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

im really interested in that Amalaki tree. i went to the site and didnt find it under any of the categories

I couldn't find it either...

--------------------

Without love in the dream
It will never come true

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Re: anyone here grow non-trip plants? [Re: Hooty]
    #2822695 - 06/23/04 11:26 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I grow tobacco. seeds form seedman.com havana is in the front for cigar/ blunt wraps and jasmine is in the back accidently sent into flower by geivng it 24/7 ligting indoors and putting outside, got tricked into flower, at least i have tons of seeds for next year and to trade with. Next year im starting them earlier and in 6" pots rather then the solo cups as i did this year and i really want to build a greenhouse. Im shooting for 7-8' plants next year. the havanas should end up about 5' this year.

Edited by Gr0wer (06/23/04 11:29 PM)

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

Re: anyone here grow non-trip plants? [Re: Gr0wer]
    #2822714 - 06/23/04 11:34 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

wow pretty cool. I have always wanted to grow tobaco so i can roll my own blunts and be all natural like. They a dificult thing to grow? Probably going to be a next year thing.

I just went and picked some wild st johns wort, some type of mint (no idea the diff types), and some nusturshums (sp?). I have extremely bad knees, especially the right one, and the pain is completely gone. I chope dup and not quite boiled a handfull of these guys and made it into a couple cups of tea. Quite nice, but i cant see why the pain would go away. Maybe somehting else im looking past. Definatly somthing i am going to try more, who knows mayeb it works.

--------------------

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
    #2822750 - 06/23/04 11:52 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

It' not too bad but you need to water daily or hook ip an irrigation system. Its nice though becuse its another peacefull time in my daily routine. So far in my 5x10 plot the soil hasnt been grown on in about 5 years so it was rich already and its had manure and compost added years before. I used 3 bags of composted manure to get it started, mixed in 1/4 a bale of hay to get some air and drainiage in the soil, turned once a week for 3 weeks. I gave them all a mild kelp meal dresing for minerals. I just gave the front row a dressing of 2 bags of manure. If i had a full veging garden i would have dressed with 6 bags. And they say you cant grow tobacco 2 years in a row because it sucks out all the nutes but i know adding 2 bags in the begining and re dressing early summer will work just fine.

Offlineeve69
Male User Gallery

Re: anyone here grow non-trip plants? [Re: Gr0wer]
    #2824019 - 06/24/04 12:21 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
...or something

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

Re: anyone here grow non-trip plants? [Re: eve69]
    #2824714 - 06/24/04 03:40 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

ohh, is Amalaki just a common name for Emblica officinalis? May explain why i couldnt see it. thanks for the link.

Oh neuro, i didnt notice you had lavendar. What types you grow. Lavendar is a personal favorite of mine, i cannot get enough of this plant! So beuatifull, and bloudy hardy.

--------------------

OfflineHarvestTheBrain
CultDeVader

Loc: Usa
    #2826957 - 06/25/04 05:27 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

i've had a lavender plant for about a year now, and it hasent grown since. it's only like an inch high and clustered close together...like a small bush with no flowers, just foliage....any suggestions? it's in my room, perhaps putting it outdoors will provide flowering conditions?

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: anyone here grow non-trip plants? [Re: HarvestTheBrain]
    #2828170 - 06/25/04 01:15 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

they flower freely and easily outside, also check for some root bounding. If you live in a little above 45N and anywhere below you can just plant it outside and it'll keep coming back year after year.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale