Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Lions Tail/Wild Dagga
    #2820304 - 06/23/04 09:25 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

a couple items:

#1: how many people here actually grow wild dagga? ive seen offers for seeds on other posts, but does anybody actually grow it?

i ask this only because i have heard it is not worth growing, that it tastes bad to smoke and is a horrible tea. i have already decided i am going to grow a plant, but

#2: is it even worth the trouble? are its enthogenic properties worth my time (or your time)?.

peace
Casil

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefr33dom
peyote grower

Re: Lions Tail/Wild Dagga [Re: Todcasil]
    #2820385 - 06/23/04 09:57 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

i actually growing wild dagga its pretty easy .. but seed in a dome .. and grow it :wink: .. so taste is not bad when you smoke it ..

but me i have put seed in a dome last week .. and its growing ...

--------------------
-= Follow the white rabbit =-

OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
    #2820408 - 06/23/04 10:05 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I hear the foliage sucks, but the flowers are supposed to be a nice smoke, and relaxing.

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Re: Lions Tail/Wild Dagga [Re: HarveyWalbanger]
    #2820415 - 06/23/04 10:10 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

ahh... so the flowers are worth it.

has anyone ever made a tea with it, i prefer teas over smoking (though that doesnt stop from experimenting), but is a dagga tea any good (say if i used flowers) or am i getting to specific :wink:?

peace

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

OfflineAelph
Playing in thedirt again

Loc: Metro Hotlanta
    #2820670 - 06/23/04 11:36 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I'm growing both the lions tail and lions ear in my garden this year. One person I know loves the lions ear (Leonotis Nepitfolia) for smoking but thinks the lions tail is a tad rough for smoking.

I know the plants don't flower untill late summer/early fall. My plants are all about 3 feet tall now.... supposed to hit 6-8 feet. I will collect the flowers/foliage then to see how they are.

OfflineRequiem
More Better

Loc: Hangin' out on the Sealab
    #2821151 - 06/23/04 01:39 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I just planted some seeds last night. First time growing these.

--------------------

"I want your Soul.
I will eat your soul."
-Aphex Twin

:dancing: :blah: :dancing: :blah: :dancing: :blah: :dancing: :blah: :dancing: :blah: :dancing:

Offlinejackgreen
JG
Male
Re: Lions Tail/Wild Dagga [Re: Requiem]
    #2821433 - 06/23/04 02:47 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I got a big 6ft tall tree of lions tail. I make extracts with 91% iso, I also make pod putty. The oil taste great on a bowl or in a vaporizor. And if grown and made right this stuff definately has some great ethnogenic properties.

InvisibleSchadenfreude
<insertsomething wittyhere>

#2821485 - 06/23/04 03:05 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Currently, I have 8 varieties of Leonotis growing. As for harvesting, the entire plant is active, but the flowers are somewhat more so, and quite a bit more palatable. Also, the L. leonurus varieties are ironically more "minty" than the L. menth?folia varieties.

--------------------

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Re: Lions Tail/Wild Dagga [Re: Schadenfreude]
    #2821501 - 06/23/04 03:10 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

so all of Leonotis plants are active?

--------------------
GODDESSES
GODS.

~Casil

InvisibleSchadenfreude

#2821523 - 06/23/04 03:17 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

A few more thoughts... the effects are typically subtle, gradually aquired, and instantaniously noticable. They also seem to be much more appreciated by those who find MJ less than amiable. But, they are synergistic with virtually everything else that's ever been discussed on this board. And besides, L. leonurus is a very interesting looking plant that is obscenely easy to grow in zone 7+ ... so... go for it.

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

#2821533 - 06/23/04 03:21 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

outstanding.

--------------------
GODDESSES
GODS.

~Casil

InvisibleSchadenfreude

#2821588 - 06/23/04 03:36 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, although there are probably more than 30 species, they are likely all active, and you will probably only ever come across 2 unless you live in Africa. L. menth?folia is reputedly stronger than L. leonurus, but I would say that the difference--if any--is negligible. And, FYI Leonotis... leonurus=ocymifolia and menth?folia=menthifolia=nepetifolia=latifolium. Also, Leonurus spp. (motherwort) plants contain the same active constituants, but in lower quantities.

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
    #2822191 - 06/23/04 07:46 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Looks like you're getting better at uploading that avatar there. You managed to get the glitches out this time.

OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
Re: Lions Tail/Wild Dagga [Re: wandrnshaman]
    #2822344 - 06/23/04 09:05 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

ROFL, are you mad at me for rating the newb that stole your avatar?!?! What kind of person does that?!?! He gave good info :P

I think it looks purdy...

Edited by HarveyWalbanger (06/23/04 09:20 PM)

InvisibleSchadenfreude

Re: Lions Tail/Wild Dagga [Re: wandrnshaman]
    #2822606 - 06/23/04 10:44 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, well... I didn't want risk to be confused for some dork who has nothing better to do than badger others for no good reason. So *I* actually made mine unique from the one that dozens of other people have used for years, and is included with several BB apps. And BTW, I had another account here several years ago, I just couldn't remember the logon when I decided to start posting again.

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
    #2822683 - 06/23/04 11:18 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

anyone haev any seeds to trade? I haev some giganthiumum seeds. I bought some dagga seeds online and they sent me 10 small ass seeds for like $3, none poped.

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Re: Lions Tail/Wild Dagga [Re: Gr0wer]
    #2822690 - 06/23/04 11:23 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

i always ask how many seeds come in a pack before i purchase any... i dont have any dagga seeds yet but i will soon. im sure somone will trade you some. i think on the free ethno trade post (its sticky up top) there are some wild dagga seeds up for trade.

peace buddy

thanks all, for your input.

--------------------
GODDESSES
GODS.

~Casil

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
    #2822715 - 06/23/04 11:34 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I dont have any tobacco seeds yet but ill have some soon too.

The etheno seed thread is for 20 :frown: im looking for a teaspoon or two  because ill trade for a teaspoon or two of jasmine tobacco seeds once there ready.

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Re: Lions Tail/Wild Dagga [Re: Gr0wer]
    #2822963 - 06/24/04 01:48 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

do what you can with what you have.

--------------------
GODDESSES
GODS.

~Casil

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #2822965 - 06/24/04 01:51 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

did anyone say anything about making a tea of this because i'm curious to know if that works well or not?

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Re: Lions Tail/Wild Dagga [Re: Locus]
    #2822992 - 06/24/04 02:03 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

oh yeah, i forgot about that part of the question...

dagga tea = pleasant?

peace

--------------------
GODDESSES
GODS.

~Casil

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
    #2823961 - 06/24/04 12:04 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I've been growing dagga for a couple years now. I have a big ass bush of the narrow leaf variety with orange flowers. I have grown a purple flower variety and a wide leaf orange flower type. I believe the purple flower one is sibiricus but wouldn't swear to it. I've got lots of seeds I produced myself. The ones I offered in the other thread have been claimed. I would be willing to swap some seeds for seeds I don't have. I've got plenty of poppy seeds but would trade heavy for viable iboga or e novo. Lots of others I could use. Dagga is an easy one to grow. Just sprinkle the seeds, cover lightly and keep moist for a week or so. I also have a bunch of dagga flowers/foliage.

Stoney

Offlinejackgreen
JG
Male
Re: Lions Tail/Wild Dagga [Re: Stonehenge]
    #2824169 - 06/24/04 01:05 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I got Dagga Seeds to trade. The orange wide leaf variety.

OfflineRequiem
More Better

Loc: Hangin' out on the Sealab
    #2824692 - 06/24/04 03:35 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I got some question?

1)How much do you guys smoke to get any kind of effects?

2)Is home grown better, than the online vendors?

Thanks

--------------------

"I want your Soul.
I will eat your soul."
-Aphex Twin

:dancing: :blah: :dancing: :blah: :dancing: :blah: :dancing: :blah: :dancing: :blah: :dancing:

InvisibleSchadenfreude

Re: Lions Tail/Wild Dagga [Re: Requiem]
    #2844022 - 06/30/04 03:14 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Sorry for the huge delay; it's been a long/bad week. So, to answer the questions:

Tea requires a larger amount, for a less pronounced effect (this may change at even larger doses) and even the flowers are somewhat bitter (though neither the flowers or leaves are anything remotely as bad as Calea zacatechichi or Wormwood). Lemon/tartar or fat/oil added to the tea might improve the absorbtion, but I haven't done alot of experimenting with tea, so I'll get back to you on that.

As for smoking, the effects of just a few inhalations are quite noticable within a few seconds. They last atleast an hour, but gradually taper off, so the total duration is hard to put an exact figure on. Smoking more than this doesn't seem to increase the effects so much as it does increase the duration. However, it does seem to increase the effects of most other substances when used in combination.

There are many online suppliers for this, so I can't say for certain that you're always going to get more out of growing than ordering. However, judging from the dried materials that I've seen, and the fact that sorting individual flowers is probably too meticulous for most suppliers, I would say that if you live in Zone 7 or higher (or you don't mind buying large planters and bringing them in over winter) then you should go ahead and grow it yourself. If you put seedlings in the ground today, you would probably have 5ft+ plants and several ounces of flowers by the end of the season.

Also, just so everybody knows, @ 85?F & 100% humidity--in soil--viable seeds will germinate in about 3 days. Leonotis leonurus is the "narrow leaf" variety. Leonotis leonotis (alba/albifolia) is the only species available in a white flower variety. And the "purple flower variety" that Stonehenge mentioned is actually Leonurus sibiricus ("Siberian motherwort / Marihuanilla"), which is of a related genus, and has related constituants, but is allegedly much less potent.

--------------------

Offlinezombie_biscuit
eater ofchildren
Re: Lions Tail/Wild Dagga [Re: Locus]
    #3076081 - 08/31/04 10:48 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Just chiming in about dagga. I bought some xresin from IAS and have consumed it many times and have gotten NOTHING from it, not even a mild carbonmonoxide buzz. I mean taking some huge dali Lamma hits out of a bong and still nothing. Can my body chemistry be resistant or something? I've heard that dagga is kinda like MJ, that the first few times you don't really get anything, like a reverse tolerance thing. I bought 3 grams and have smoked almost all of it over about 5 sittings. Anythoughts on that??
Thanx

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale