Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: No Liberal Media Bias... uh huh. [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2818094 - 06/22/04 05:21 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Clinton's book is just out. There is an entire population re-confused about what a lie is (um, I mean a kind of word that describes what might, um, exist , or kind of hover around in a maybe exist kind of way. Um, I don't know, help me Carville, I'm foundering here, what does is mean again???)

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: No Liberal Media Bias... uh huh. [Re: afoaf]
    #2818098 - 06/22/04 05:23 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I mean, how could you fuck that up soooo bad?

Deliberately.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: No Liberal Media Bias... uh huh. [Re: Phred]
    #2819598 - 06/23/04 12:01 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

These are the same people trumpeting over and over "Bush Lied,"
by the way.

Which of his lies are you referring to?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: No Liberal Media Bias... uh huh. [Re: Xlea321]
    #2819991 - 06/23/04 03:32 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Probably the ones no-one seems able to prove.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #2819999 - 06/23/04 03:37 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Nobody said he wasnt a good liar.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: No Liberal Media Bias... uh huh. [Re: GazzBut]
    #2820008 - 06/23/04 03:42 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Without proof, no-one should be called a liar.

Care to provide us with some?

--------------------

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

#2822849 - 06/24/04 12:33 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Bush's lies aren't outright lies. They are, at most, mistruths.

We believe Saddam to be in possession of WMD's..

something like that.
If Saddam had NO WMD's, would that statement be false? Would it be a lie?

Nope, it would not. It would be an incorrect conclusion, but that "We believe" thing is really key. Most of Bush's "lies" fall into that area, and no I don't have quotes but I've listened to him speak before. He's got intelligent writers on staff -- and not writers who THINK they're intelligent.

Not only that, but Bush's main objectives remain crystal clear at all times. They may not coincide exactly with what he's saying, but if you look at what he says it's not hard to fathom. Obviously we were going to attack Iraq. That was obvious September 12, 2001.

Clinton just outright lied, and a lot.

So far as lies go it boils down to this.
Clinton told us he smoked but, but didn't inhale.
Bush has never said a word about the time he spent doing drugs.

That's the difference. Clinton assumed everyone was an idiot and would believe that someone would actually pretend to smoke pot and not inhale the smoke. Wow. Bush has the decency to understand that what he did (i'm still convinced he was a cokehead) is unpopular, but ultimately has no bearing on anything, and so has merely kept quiet about it.

And yes the media has a liberal bias.. you don't see it if you're liberal. And Fox does have a slight conservative tilt, but it's nothing like people make it out to be.

Pick out key liberal points of argument and listen to how the media presents them. If you agree with the liberal stance, as I said you probably won't notice, because you'll wind up agreeing with what they're saying and so nothing will trip you to remember anything about it.. but if you've got more central or conservative leanings, you'll pick up fairly quickly that many stories not only support the liberal agenda but it seems that a number of stories are picked up SOLELY to support the liberal agenda.

To top that off, liberal politicians do often get away with stating outright falsehoods and lies (clinton not-inhaling, no-sexual-relations type lies, not bush we-think/thought lies). They're not challenged by anyone.

Biggest example would have to be in the 90's, many politicians (most notably, that whackball feinstein) claimed that semiautomatic weapons are the type that you pull back the trigger, and they keep shooting till you let go.

I heard that at least a half dozen times a month. Reporters repeated that line, it almost was a mantra of the Brady Bill folks. Apparently none of them have a dictionary because that's all you need to find out that what they were describing would not be SEMI-automatic, but fully automatic.

You have a choice.

Either the media is severely fucking retarded and incapable of any fact-checking whatsoever...

Or they have a liberal bias.

Pick your poison.
Personally, I'd say it's both.

Offlinegermin8tionn8ion
enthusiast
    #2823387 - 06/24/04 06:45 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Probably the ones no-one seems able to prove.

Maybe if Bush were to say "Well, that depends on what your definition of 'weapons of mass destruction' are" the liberals would understand the connection and lay off of him like they did Clinton. right?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]