Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleBreamdor
Brea-M-Dor
Using a professional(masticating) juicer on shrooms
    #28177547 - 02/08/23 11:50 AM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Hi all, nice to meet everyone! I've been lurking for a while now. And before everyone grills me, yes I did use the search engine but I couldn't find anything except posts like 10+ years old or not relevant. Maybe you can help me??

I got my hands on one of those really expensive high quality masticating juicers that remove like almost all of the liquid from stuff you put in there. I can't find out through the search engine if the actives of the mushrooms are in the physical fibers or in the juice and I don't want to try it until I know for sure.

Like, could I just chuck a pound of fresh mushrooms in there and get high off shot glasses of the stuff? I mean not like high just to get high, but like, for spiritual high??

Any help is awesome, and you all are awesome! Glad to finally be a part of the community.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKiwi89
Stranger
Re: Using a professional(masticating) juicer on shrooms [Re: Breamdor] * 1
    #28177565 - 02/08/23 12:07 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

It would be interesting to see what compounds are in the liquid you could squeeze out of mushrooms but I think you would find that it is mainly water. Water weight is what you are losing when you dry mushrooms. The difference in potency when comparing dried mushrooms to fresh mushrooms is not significant in my personnel experience.

All that to say I think you will be getting mainly water from masticated mushrooms.

Offlineherbstation
Child

Re: Using a professional(masticating) juicer on shrooms [Re: Breamdor] * 1
    #28177604 - 02/08/23 12:38 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

The active compounds dissolve in water so you'll definitely get some. I'm not sure the effectiveness. Mushroom tea is reliable and I can't imagine juicing would taste better, be easier, or more effective. Using your juicer to make a ginger-blueberry drink or something for your come down will contribute much more to the experience.

Drying them lets you powder them. Still will get you plenty of actives and you'll have an easy time dosing + preparing tea or capsules.

If you really want to eat them wet you could just eat them. That said, I can't make myself like the taste or the stomach rock. If I was feeling experimental I'd probably do a vinegar extraction on some slices, then make a vinaigrette with a light salad and some ginger tea. Who knows how well that would work but it sounds nice.

Stick with tea unless you're willing to sacrifice some shrooms for science. Look into lemon juice as well, and herbal teas for your come up. Let us know how it goes whether you juice or not. Prep well and have a mystical time.

Edit: you can save leftover tea, extract, or juice in the freezer. I saw you say "a pound" and wanted to cover the bases.

Cheers
RLF
Herb

--------------------
Expanding my mind until I can join the collective

Edited by herbstation (02/08/23 12:41 PM)

InvisibleBreamdor
Brea-M-Dor
Re: Using a professional(masticating) juicer on shrooms [Re: herbstation]
    #28177728 - 02/08/23 01:46 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

That's great advice! I think like you said it's not worth it and even though there MIGHT be a little bit of magic I should save the juicer for a comedown juice! What a great idea:mushroom2:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale