Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 238 | 239 | 240 | 241 | 242 | 243 | 244 | 245 | 246 | 247 | 248 | 249 | 250 | 251 | 252 | 253 | 254 | 255 | 256 | 257 | 258 | Next > | Last >
OfflineStromriderM
This must be the place
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dept of know what I'm say... Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Gourmet Cultivation Discussion Thread [Re: Leftfield420]
    #28177330 - 02/08/23 09:07 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

What's the contamination rate of these condiment cup? It can't be great since there's no way to seal them

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTryptaminerXXXIII
Collecting Dues

Re: The Gourmet Cultivation Discussion Thread [Re: 0ptiquest]
    #28177409 - 02/08/23 10:04 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Quote:

0ptiquest said:
Quote:

TryptaminerXXXIII said:
You don't need to wipe your ass after you take a shit either?

Why wouldn't you, you think the outside of a fruit is clean? You iso everything else just to touch a dirty fruit when it only takes a second? Doesn't make since not to to me.

The inside of the fruit is clean no matter how dirty its on the outside, and some iso will not change that.

The inside of the fruit is surrounded by the outside lol. And when your working in front of a hood that's blowing shit around, it totally matters, even in a SAB while you move your tools and hands around.
Along with sanitizing/disinfecting the outside, you can also leave the outside of the specimen somewhat saturated to hold on and trap any potential contams.

Would you put a dirty item that close to a petri dish?

It takes a second and you already have everything you need, why wouldn't you lol? Sure you don't have to, but you may save yourself a transfer in the long run if you do.

OfflineTryptaminerXXXIII
Collecting Dues

Re: The Gourmet Cultivation Discussion Thread [Re: TryptaminerXXXIII]
    #28177419 - 02/08/23 10:07 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

The sauce cups are water tight. They do fine, i suggest wrapping them like dishes still so it's not harder to clean the gap in between when you use it later. But you can trial them easily, ide say they are 98ish% effective, but that 2% can easily destroy all of your consistency if the situation allows. Can't provide to nice restaurants like that for too long.

Pioppini will fruit on coir, I doubt the supp/nutes matter much. Pretty sure someone on here actually did that once and thought it was enigma reverting or some shit lol

OfflineAdas
Lonely Dreamer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Central EU
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Gourmet Cultivation Discussion Thread [Re: Lichen-Lily]
    #28177504 - 02/08/23 11:13 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Lichen-Lily said:
So i had already read all that, i panicked when i realized that mother nature picked my late delivery to go subzero! (sorry about the added drama).  Honestly i was sure it would be dead, but innoculating some sterilized jars in case the impossible happened, if it was dead its just sugar water right.  I just think i am seeing growth so im worried about my sanity now lol!

Everything is possible. Just let it grow out more and you'll see.

OfflineMushieMafia
The Mushroom Don
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Down Under Mate
    #28177992 - 02/08/23 04:53 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Quote:

TryptaminerXXXIII said:

Why wouldn't you, you think the outside of a fruit is clean? You iso everything else just to touch a dirty fruit when it only takes a second? Doesn't make since not to to me.

Take your clone sample from the inside of the fruit. clean as fuck and no need to iso lol

--------------------
- Nature alone is an antique and the oldest art is a mushroom.

GROWING SHIT-LIST

Mushie's Ghetto Hood Build!

Mushie's Ghetto Spawn Bags!

Fahtster's Fahtlocs! (Ziplock FC)

Mushies LAGM 2023

InvisibleGuerrilla
Bumbaclart

Loc: United Kingdom Flag
Re: The Gourmet Cultivation Discussion Thread [Re: TryptaminerXXXIII] * 1
    #28178008 - 02/08/23 05:07 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Quote:

TryptaminerXXXIII said:
Quote:

0ptiquest said:
Quote:

TryptaminerXXXIII said:

The inside of the fruit is clean no matter how dirty its on the outside, and some iso will not change that.

The inside of the fruit is surrounded by the outside lol. And when your working in front of a hood that's blowing shit around, it totally matters, even in a SAB while you move your tools and hands around.
Along with sanitizing/disinfecting the outside, you can also leave the outside of the specimen somewhat saturated to hold on and trap any potential contams.

It takes a second and you already have everything you need, why wouldn't you lol? Sure you don't have to, but you may save yourself a transfer in the long run if you do.

Nobody is saying the outside of a fruit is clean. Come on... Let's not take it back to basics here.

Everything you have said is based on theory. I'd advise you to try it before making assumptions.

I respect you because you've helped me on a thread of mine (which I will respond to tomorrow, thanks for your input), but I encourage you to have an open mind.

I understand where your logic comes from, but it's simply not the case. Just look, everyone here is saying the same thing.

You can very easily clone fruits and have them ready for grain straight from tissue sample without ISO. No need for further transfers. SAB or FH, no difference.

And infact, many people here do not even wipe down petri dishes. So to answer your petri question, yes. Same principle in that you do not need to wear gloves for culture work. Hand placement and technique is everything.

--------------------
Being pissed on does not make you a real man.

OfflineMushieMafia
The Mushroom Don
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Down Under Mate
Re: The Gourmet Cultivation Discussion Thread [Re: Guerrilla] * 2
    #28178144 - 02/08/23 06:44 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

THIS ^THIS ^THIS ^THIS ^THIS ^THIS ^THIS ^THIS ^THIS ^THIS ^THIS ^THIS ^THIS ^THIS ^THIS ^

If i can do it, you can too

--------------------
- Nature alone is an antique and the oldest art is a mushroom.

GROWING SHIT-LIST

Mushie's Ghetto Hood Build!

Mushie's Ghetto Spawn Bags!

Fahtster's Fahtlocs! (Ziplock FC)

Mushies LAGM 2023

InvisibleDrmbanana
Medical
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: The Gourmet Cultivation Discussion Thread [Re: MushieMafia] * 1
    #28178602 - 02/09/23 12:46 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Wow, thanks for all the input guys! It am new to this, but have poured over 100 agar cups in front of my ghetto flow hood with about 2 contams, so not bad imo…..

I took clones of 5 species the same day and the oyster, king, seafood and beech all look ok to my untrained eyes, 3 agar cups each, but this maitake - all 3 cups look like this…. Hard to believe I f’d up just those 3 out of dozens the same day, and just that one clone, when trying to get an inner piece of enoki is a pita!

I think the shroom I took the clone from must have been sus. Live and learn. Love my new hobby!

Thanks again everyone!

--------------------
Let food be they medicine and medicine be thy food…

InvisibleDrmbanana
Medical
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: The Gourmet Cultivation Discussion Thread [Re: Drmbanana]
    #28178603 - 02/09/23 12:49 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

On Another subject, has anyone seen lions mane do this? It’s like there starts to be pins on top of a mass, then the mass takes it over…. So cool. Just lions mane straight off popcorn…

--------------------
Let food be they medicine and medicine be thy food…

OfflineTryptaminerXXXIII
Collecting Dues

Re: The Gourmet Cultivation Discussion Thread [Re: Guerrilla]
    #28178844 - 02/09/23 06:16 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MushieMafia said:
Quote:

TryptaminerXXXIII said:

Take your clone sample from the inside of the fruit. clean as fuck and no need to iso lol

Quote:

Guerrilla said:
Quote:

TryptaminerXXXIII said:
Quote:

0ptiquest said:
Quote:

TryptaminerXXXIII said:

Nobody is saying the outside of a fruit is clean. Come on... Let's not take it back to basics here.

Everything you have said is based on theory. I'd advise you to try it before making assumptions.

I respect you because you've helped me on a thread of mine (which I will respond to tomorrow, thanks for your input), but I encourage you to have an open mind.

I understand where your logic comes from, but it's simply not the case. Just look, everyone here is saying the same thing.

You can very easily clone fruits and have them ready for grain straight from tissue sample without ISO. No need for further transfers. SAB or FH, no difference.

And infact, many people here do not even wipe down petri dishes. So to answer your petri question, yes. Same principle in that you do not need to wear gloves for culture work. Hand placement and technique is everything.

Don't even wipe down petris?! Jesus Christ it can't be getting that bad around here...???

Another thing to consider, which hopefully you guys can comprehend this, is clone samples and even petris will be exposed to different conditions.

So say your taking a clone from a sample that had trich in the tub with it, or a bacterial presence. Or you take a clone from a wild specimens, you proabably won't have that luck. Same with petris. Of yours may have been shipped for example or if they were moved around a lot or exposed to a dirtier environment. You still wouldn't lol?
Whose not wiping they're plates down?

Again, sure it can work, but idk man, y'all seem like your trying to make your lives hardee in the long run.

And you don't need to wear gloves because you probably washed and isod your hands lollll

And again, ya you can clorn straight to LC if you want. But if your trying to help people understand how mushrooms grow and the best way to produce them... Well.

Based on theory? This is simple sterile procedure. I'm talking about disinfecting the outside of you clone sample, which why not? Again, takes a second and make absolute since in terms of efficiency?
Your saying no simply because you don't "have to".
Again, you don't have to wipe your ass lol

--------------------
Nothing is sacred
Rest In Paradise
❤️chinacat72❤️Zombi3❤️

OfflineTryptaminerXXXIII
Collecting Dues

#28178853 - 02/09/23 06:21 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

And I respect you all because your farmers. And I don't need any of your help. Because I see is a cooperative almost.

But don't tell me I haven't tried it either. Because I have. I've taken clones to LC, and they worked, would I do it today? Fuck no. Why? Because I ENSURE sterility in every step. It takes time to build up enough resources to even be able to afford that, and it takes balls to say "I'm going to stop cutting any corner, for the sake of my business and my livelihood". But don't think I haven't been there.

OfflineStromriderM
This must be the place
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dept of know what I'm say... Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Gourmet Cultivation Discussion Thread [Re: TryptaminerXXXIII] * 2
    #28178880 - 02/09/23 06:46 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

I've cloned a lot of dirty mushrooms and never wiped them with alcohol. Just got to know how to split them

OfflineTryptaminerXXXIII
Collecting Dues

Re: The Gourmet Cultivation Discussion Thread [Re: Stromrider]
    #28178889 - 02/09/23 06:53 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Your braver than I am. Your talking wild?

.. it only takes a second :icecreamsadness:

Wutevs :buzzaldrin:

Glad to see your still here Strom! One of the true OGs! Bless you.

Edited by TryptaminerXXXIII (02/09/23 06:58 AM)

OfflineAdas
Lonely Dreamer
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #28178968 - 02/09/23 07:44 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

I've never sprayed wild mushrooms with anything for cloning. But if it's not possible to take a sterile piece of tissue, you can dunk it in 3% H2O2. People have done this with success, for example with Turkey Tails.

OfflineTryptaminerXXXIII
Collecting Dues

Re: The Gourmet Cultivation Discussion Thread [Re: Adas]
    #28179000 - 02/09/23 08:11 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

So it's impossible, in the case of the poster above with the contaminated clone culture, that the contamination came from the outside of the specimen?
And disinfecting the outside couldn't have potentially prevented that possibility?

That's what I'm hearing at this point lol.

OfflineEugene Gesuale
Jar-Sniffer
Other

Loc: The Basement
Re: The Gourmet Cultivation Discussion Thread [Re: TryptaminerXXXIII] * 2
    #28179014 - 02/09/23 08:20 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Bro if you crack the stipe opened facing toward laminar flow then take a piece of tissue, it’s fucking clean! Haha like wtf
If that’s what you do anyway after iso, then you are just making more work for yourself that doesn’t pay off cause you still have to inspect it’s clean on agar before taking to grain. Just give it a try and prove yourself wrong
But if it makes you happy to do it that way there’s nothing wrong with it, just don’t shit on people who do it successfully
I’m sure you aren’t the first person nor the last, who will start out doing this, until they realize they’re sterile techniques are adequate without it.
Mush love

Edited by Eugene Gesuale (02/09/23 08:32 AM)

OfflineTryptaminerXXXIII
Collecting Dues

Re: The Gourmet Cultivation Discussion Thread [Re: Eugene Gesuale]
    #28179020 - 02/09/23 08:28 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Well that didn't answer my question...

And note OP in questions culture, the specimen itself seems contaminated, not the plate, not by the sample, the sample itself.

So what likely happened here...?

OfflineAdas
Lonely Dreamer
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #28179021 - 02/09/23 08:29 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Quote:

TryptaminerXXXIII said:
So it's impossible, in the case of the poster above with the contaminated clone culture, that the contamination came from the outside of the specimen?
And disinfecting the outside couldn't have potentially prevented that possibility?

That's what I'm hearing at this point lol.

Noone said that. And disinfecting the outside might help against some contams, and not others. I pretty much doubt alcohol disinfection kills bacterial endospores but you can do some googling if interested.

You may also have to read more carefully. :shrug: A lot of misunderstandings can be prevented that way.

OfflineTryptaminerXXXIII
Collecting Dues

Re: The Gourmet Cultivation Discussion Thread [Re: Adas]
    #28179023 - 02/09/23 08:32 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

I don't think endospores are the worry in this case, just general bacteria. Also why I said it can help to leave it saturated, even in h202, it will hold onto to those potential contams rather than allowing for air currents to carry them elsewhere, like onto the transfer...

It's all good guys. I get it lol.

OfflineEugene Gesuale
Jar-Sniffer
Other

Loc: The Basement
Re: The Gourmet Cultivation Discussion Thread [Re: TryptaminerXXXIII] * 1
    #28179056 - 02/09/23 08:48 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Quote:

TryptaminerXXXIII said:
I don't think endospores are the worry in this case, just general bacteria. Also why I said it can help to leave it saturated, even in h202, it will hold onto to those potential contams rather than allowing for air currents to carry them elsewhere, like onto the transfer...

It's all good guys. I get it lol.

Probably just trying to get back in the marketplace….:shrug:

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 238 | 239 | 240 | 241 | 242 | 243 | 244 | 245 | 246 | 247 | 248 | 249 | 250 | 251 | 252 | 253 | 254 | 255 | 256 | 257 | 258 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract