Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | Next >
OfflineShroomBoot
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: White Room
Re: Updated PF Tek Guide [Re: Ziran]
    #28171902 - 02/04/23 10:48 AM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Can I use white rice flour?

And does this tek work with spores from a ms syringe? And if so why does it work with spores when spores dont work well with grain?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJHOVA
Post whore
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Updated PF Tek Guide [Re: ShroomBoot]
    #28171920 - 02/04/23 11:04 AM (1 year, 1 month ago)

those are good questions. verm prohibits rampant growth of bacteria. it cant really move from verm piece to verm. it gets stuck in one place and mycelium can outrun it. bacteria on grains can jump freely and since you often shake a jar at 30% it can really inhibit growth on a lot of grain after that. brf will still fail if the multi spore syringe has any mold in it. it can still fail to mold if mold is introduced at the time of inoculation with improper needle sterilization or if you decide to use a filtered lid WITHOUT a still air box or flow hood.

it looks like using white rice can fruit but produces weak ass shrooms. i would buy some brown rice and grind it or find whole wheat flour. i use wild bird seed for cakes ground up in a nutribullet.

white rice bunk shrooms test.

--------------------
๐Ÿ…ƒ ๐Ÿ„ด ๐Ÿ„ฐ ๐Ÿ„ผ    ๐Ÿ„ฒ ๐Ÿ„ป ๐Ÿ„ธ ๐Ÿ„ฝ ๐Ÿ„ถ ๐Ÿ…† ๐Ÿ… ๐Ÿ„ฐ ๐Ÿ„ฟ

OfflineShroomBoot
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: White Room
Re: Updated PF Tek Guide [Re: JHOVA]
    #28173291 - 02/05/23 11:14 AM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Thank you for the explanation

OfflineSpillz
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Updated PF Tek Guide [Re: Ziran] * 1
    #28184372 - 02/12/23 04:58 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Really loved this info and all the pics my sgfc might need more holes  it Only has 4 little ones 3 on the side and one on another side. I think if I put a little bit more holes in I would be able to stay at A more consistent humidity range I normally above 95% And I know I would rather be sitting between 80 and 95 So I'd open my lid and fan the humidity out which is dumb dumb dumb I don't think it has affected anything though. Awesome info I'm new to the site new to the mushroom community So much information it can be overwhelming at times but I read like for 5 hours A-day on this site. The organization of it seems confusing but I'm new so I just need to get the format down so I can find stuff better. I'm not big with computers. And I voice text almost everything so sorry if I sound Illiterate. But this post was awesome. I still got a click on the added links and read the more in depth info.

OfflineSpillz
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Updated PF Tek Guide [Re: Ziran]
    #28184605 - 02/12/23 08:10 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Thanks buddy somebody already gave me that info was very insightful After I added a couple cups of water to perlite ithink When I put my perlite In a pillowcase and Iran water Through it I don't think I saturated enough. Plus I think I should have let it sit after I thought it was a 100% colonized it was probably only 85,90 maybe. I have one kick where 1 side looks kind of Gray Since it's my 1st time I'm going to just let it run through the natural process The Gray is not surrounding any of My mushrooms. After I harvest the cake I'm going to soak it in water with a little Peroxide Good idea or bad idea not sure I've read that hydrogen peroxide may be able to fix it.

InvisibleMycodemus
wrong way down a one way street
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Updated PF Tek Guide [Re: TravelAgency]
    #28194464 - 02/19/23 12:27 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Quote:

TravelAgency said:
Quote:

Ziran said:
I will top fruit my next set of jars in a monotub and add pictures.

I used to spawn the cakes into a bulk sub using a cheese grater (GreenRabbit's idea) and had tremendous success.

I love the cheese grater idea, I will definitely give this a try when the time comes. How do you sterilize it, assuming an all metal grater? Thanks!

OfflineShroomNugget
Mycologist Wannabe

Re: Updated PF Tek Guide [Re: Mycodemus]
    #28194473 - 02/19/23 12:33 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

So I started Wednesday with my first inoculation and I planned to go with a SGFC. For other noobs, look into water tub tek. I realized for my climate it's going to be superior to a SGFC. Just my opinion.

--------------------

OfflineJW123
Nooby Nooby Noob
 User Gallery

Loc: Tn
Re: Updated PF Tek Guide [Re: Mycodemus] * 1
    #28194504 - 02/19/23 01:04 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Breaking them up is more risky, but you don't need to sterilize the cheese grater. By the time you get to full colonization sterile procedure is unnecessary.

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Updated PF Tek Guide [Re: JW123]
    #28195297 - 02/19/23 09:06 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Yup, once a cake is fully colonized, the cake is "protected" by infectious molds and such.

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth ๐ŸŒŽ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | ๐Ÿ’ง Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method ๐Ÿ’ง | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

Offlinebrightboy
Learning
Loc: Everywhere
Re: Updated PF Tek Guide [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #28197856 - 02/21/23 05:55 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Once the jars have been inoculated with your syringe, do the holes in the jar lids need to be covered with anything? In the original post it just says to leave the alum foil off after injecting the jars but doesn't say if you need to plug the holes and if so, with what.

--------------------
"How can you have lived for so long and still not get it? This self obsession is a waste of living, it could be spent surviving things, appreciating nature, nurturing kindness and friendship, and dancing."

OfflineRoscoeReturnsS
Crotchety chode man
Male

Loc: State of Confusion
Re: Updated PF Tek Guide [Re: brightboy] * 1
    #28197881 - 02/21/23 06:10 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Quote:

brightboy said:
Once the jars have been inoculated with your syringe, do the holes in the jar lids need to be covered with anything? In the original post it just says to leave the alum foil off after injecting the jars but doesn't say if you need to plug the holes and if so, with what.

If you have a dry verm layer, then no do not cover the holes. The verm protects against contams getting to the cake.

If you donโ€™t use a dry verm layer you can cover the holes with a couple layers of micropore tape. The cake does need to get gas exchange throwing the holes.

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Updated PF Tek Guide [Re: RoscoeReturns]
    #28198423 - 02/21/23 10:53 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Roscoe nailed it perfectly. I used to tape the holes in the past due to paranoia but nowadays i just leave the foil on (sorta because i want to keep the shape of the foil intact for the next batch. A placeholder if u will.). But sometimes i take the foil off as well and thats totally fine too because of the protective top verm layer.

Offlinebrightboy
Learning
Re: Updated PF Tek Guide [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #28198937 - 02/22/23 10:13 AM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Ah ok! I did not make the connection between the verm layer & contam prevention but it makes total sense now. Thanks yall

--------------------
"How can you have lived for so long and still not get it? This self obsession is a waste of living, it could be spent surviving things, appreciating nature, nurturing kindness and friendship, and dancing."

Offlinebrightboy
Learning
Re: Updated PF Tek Guide [Re: brightboy] * 1
    #28200318 - 02/23/23 08:25 AM (1 year, 1 month ago)

I inoculated 5 jars this morning! :boombox2:

However, I think I may have over-incolulated three of the jars, if that is possible? I did not think to remove the sticker from the syringe until I had started inoculating and realized I couldn't see the markers on the syringe lol

I started with a full 10cc syringe, it may have been a little overfilled, and ended up with a little over 4cc's left after injecting 5 jars.

I'm not super concerned but wondering if I could run into any issues with these jars since the water content is a little off?

I think I chose a good time to inoculate because my part of the country is experiencing record high temperatures and my house is a nice, even 70 degrees with about 55-60% humidity. I have the jars sitting on a high shelf in my closet, door is open and there's some natural light and airflow. :fingerscrossed:

InvisibleWishery
aspirant

Re: Updated PF Tek Guide [Re: brightboy]
    #28200364 - 02/23/23 09:07 AM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Quote:

brightboy said:

However, I think I may have over-incolulated three of the jars, if that is possible? I did not think to remove the sticker from the syringe until I had started inoculating and realized I couldn't see the markers on the syringe lol

I started with a full 10cc syringe, it may have been a little overfilled, and ended up with a little over 4cc's left after injecting 5 jars.

I'm not super concerned but wondering if I could run into any issues with these jars since the water content is a little off?

I think I chose a good time to inoculate because my part of the country is experiencing record high temperatures and my house is a nice, even 70 degrees with about 55-60% humidity. I have the jars sitting on a high shelf in my closet, door is open and there's some natural light and airflow. :fingerscrossed:

my 12 jars were a little extra wet, and a couple had ~2cc's of spores after a classic case of a blockage preventing flow, followed by an uncontrolled surge. They were fine. (they also had only 2 holes and micropore tape)

I don't know why stickers that leave residue are put over the measurements, that annoyed me too haha

Edited by Wishery (02/23/23 09:22 AM)

InvisibleWay
The

Loc: A long way away
    #28200497 - 02/23/23 10:47 AM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Quote:

brightboy said:

You are fine. Even if you had used 2cc per jar it would most likely be okay. I accidentally dumped 3cc in a jar once and it colonized perfectly. 1cc is just the sweet spot.

--------------------

That's the way she goes, boys. Sometimes she goes, sometimes she doesn't, cause that's the fuckin way she goes.

InvisibleMycodemus

Re: Updated PF Tek Guide [Re: Way]
    #28208114 - 02/28/23 12:30 PM (1 year, 29 days ago)

I just inoculated a bunch of PF glass jars and pp 5 plastic containers. First time. Used a mss. Thing is, I did the tek for those without a PC (I may have had too much water in there, not a glass top so I couldnโ€™t see in as it was cooking) and noticed that some jars had condensation on the inside walls, including the plastic containers even though I had Micropore on the plastic ones and foil on the glass jars.

Is this going to fuck me? Anything I can do about it post inoculation if so?

I have them organized in shoeboxes without the shoebox lids on. Should I put on the shoebox lids and remove the jar lids with condensation in them to help them evaporate?

I may have been slightly under field capacity pre cook, as when I squeezed I could barely get even a drop out, and I actually added water above the 2:1:1โ€ฆ but maybe my hands are weak, I dunno

Edited by Mycodemus (02/28/23 04:04 PM)

InvisibleMycodemus

#28209539 - 03/01/23 01:43 PM (1 year, 28 days ago)

Day after, condensation in the glass jars is diminished but not gone completely. However in the plastic containers there is still a good amount. I read through this thread where the consensus seems to be to let it ride. So, fingers crossed.

Offlinebrightboy
Learning
    #28211065 - 03/02/23 01:19 PM (1 year, 27 days ago)

Well, it has now been 1 week since I inoculated 5 jars using this tek. They have been kept in a closet with a temperature of about 70 degrees, with humidity ranging from 58-61%. Only 1 jar is showing SMALL signs of growth under one of the injection holes.

Should I try to make the closet warmer?

--------------------

OnlineSmellyhobbitM
Actual Retard
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hole
    #28211077 - 03/02/23 01:34 PM (1 year, 27 days ago)

Quote:

brightboy said:
Well, it has now been 1 week since I inoculated 5 jars using this tek. They have been kept in a closet with a temperature of about 70 degrees, with humidity ranging from 58-61%. Only 1 jar is showing SMALL signs of growth under one of the injection holes.

Should I try to make the closet warmer?

No, thatโ€™s a pretty normal timeline. Did you inoculate against glass?

--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
A Guide for New Growers
Growth 2023 - A Year In Review

Just because your tub contamed, doesnโ€™t mean your attitude has to contam as well. :mushroom:

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | Next >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom