Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDreamChasing
Stranger
DreamChasing's First Grow
    #19591880 - 02/19/14 08:26 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

First post and first grow :thumbup:

I ordered 4 syringes from **edited** last night, no particular strain, just the **edited** pick.

I'm going to use the pf tek method, and am still deciding on which terrarium to use. I was initially thinking the SGFC, but I may inoculate only 4 jars for the first round to get a feel for everything and see how it all goes, so I can perfect it for the second time around, so I might end up using the Poor man's terrarium or something similar.

Contamination is my main concern, so I may keep the cakes separate for fruiting as well, depending on what they look like before putting them in the chamber. Any pro-tips on preventing contamination would be awesome too :syringe: I've been researching for a couple months, but reading and actually doing are two different things :mushroom2:

Here's a list of what I'm getting this weekend, if you see anything missing or have any good ideas please let me know!

Materials:

1/2 wide mouth pint jars
vermiculite
perlite
brown rice flour
foil
plastic tote (50 Quart sterilite, using for the SGFC)
hammer/nail (for mason jar top)
spore syringes (got 4 @ 10cc each)
latex gloves
pot with tight top
lighter
70% iso alcohol
strong masking tape (to cover jar holes after sterilization)

My other concern is making sure I maintain the right heat and humidity so I don't end up with a bunch of aborts/no growth after I put them in the fruiting chamber. Also I had questions about ensuring the fruiting chamber is sterile, not sure exactly how to do this, or if the shrooms are already strong enough to fight off the contam.

I really plan on making this work, I'll update the op with pics as well, just wanted to get this going since I'm fuking excited

***EDIT*** :cheers:

GOT 99% of what I needed today, the home depot here only has a huge bag of vermiculite and i didn't want to drop $25 on it, and neither wal-mart of HEB here had the brown rice flour.

So I had to order vermiculite and brown rice flour online.

I got the 50 Qt tub, and 16 Qts of perlite does that sound like enough? I know it has to be 4-7" deep. I'll update when the spores some in and the rest of the supplies get here. Basically when I get to start sterilizing and then inoculating. Just going to work on setting everything up for now between school and work and being as patient as possible!

Edited by DreamChasing (02/21/14 03:07 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Loc: Van Isle Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: DreamChasing's First Grow [Re: DreamChasing]
    #19591911 - 02/19/14 08:33 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

remove the vendors name from your post or your first post may lead you to a ban lol
fine grade verm and course perlite, skip the tape or use micropore they need to breathe, go with the sgfc for sure! no need for the fruiting chamber to be sterile fruiting is not a sterile process, as for temps as long as you don't need a coat in your house there fine! and as for humidity don't worry about that either just mist and fan when needed, welcome to shroomery:wink:

--------------------

It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn

I'm tired do me a favor

InvisibleMudaFuka
Poppin bottles
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #19591912 - 02/19/14 08:33 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

remove vendors name from your poste pleas. You are better off with a SGFC than a PMP. Look into building a still air box. Its not entirely necessary for PF tek but its good practice.

--------------------
AMU
Bottle Tek
Liquid Inoculant Tek                                   

OfflineDreamChasing
Stranger
Re: DreamChasing's First Grow [Re: cronicr]
    #19591980 - 02/19/14 08:48 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

cronicr said:
remove the vendors name from your post or your first post may lead you to a ban lol
fine grade verm and course perlite, skip the tape or use micropore they need to breathe, go with the sgfc for sure! no need for the fruiting chamber to be sterile fruiting is not a sterile process, as for temps as long as you don't need a coat in your house there fine! and as for humidity don't worry about that either just mist and fan when needed, welcome to shroomery;)

Awesome, sounds like everything should go pretty smoothly! I was wondering about that, didn't know if it was ok since they are a sponsor. I'll probably inoculate 6 jars at first (so an entire syringe basically) and use a relatively small sgfc. Thanks for the feedback :thumbup:

InvisibleMudaFuka
Poppin bottles
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #19592017 - 02/19/14 08:57 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

you can knock up 6 jars with 1/2 a syringe.

--------------------
AMU
Bottle Tek
Liquid Inoculant Tek                                   

OfflineDreamChasing
Stranger
Re: DreamChasing's First Grow [Re: MudaFuka]
    #19592035 - 02/19/14 09:03 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MudaFuka said:
you can knock up 6 jars with 1/2 a syringe.

Yea I read it was 1cc per jar (so 1/4cc per hole) (1cc=1mL). I didn't know if adding more would give me faster growth and more reliability, that's kind of what I was assuming, although I never looked that up directly. I think some people were doing 1-2cc.

I'll lower it back to 1cc per jar. This is my first time so I'm open to suggestions to make things better :thanx:

OfflineDreamChasing
Stranger
    #19612898 - 02/24/14 04:03 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Just got all my spores in

The strains are

Puerto Rican
Chitwan
PES Amazonian
Treasure Coast
Malabar

The syringes look great too. I'm really happy with them.

I read up on all the strains and am trying to figure out which would be the best to grow first. I'll be using the pf tek method with 1/2 pint jars, brown rice flour and vermiculite and fruiting in an SGFC 50Qt size

InvisibleMudaFuka
Poppin bottles
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #19612919 - 02/24/14 04:08 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Give those a good shake before each inoculation. Those spores look really clumped together.

--------------------
AMU
Bottle Tek
Liquid Inoculant Tek                                   

OfflineDreamChasing
Stranger
Re: DreamChasing's First Grow [Re: MudaFuka]
    #19612991 - 02/24/14 04:28 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MudaFuka said:
Give those a good shake before each inoculation. Those spores look really clumped together.

Absolutely, I actually shook the fuk out of one to see if I could get the clump to break up, and it did. There was an air bubble I could just shred the clump with.

What would you start with if this was your first grow?

I'm sure they're 99% the same anyway, although I did read Puerto Ricans were pretty strong! I'll probably save them for a tub if this goes well

InvisibleChillbroSwaggins

#19612995 - 02/24/14 04:31 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

DreamChasing said:
Quote:

MudaFuka said:

Absolutely, I actually shook the fuk out of one to see if I could get the clump to break up, and it did. There was an air bubble I could just shred the clump with.

What would you start with if this was your first grow?

I'm sure they're 99% the same anyway, although I did read Puerto Ricans were pretty strong! I'll probably save them for a tub if this goes well

they're all the same pretty much, from what I can tell. There is a saying, a cube is a cube is a cube.

OfflineDreamChasing
Stranger
Re: DreamChasing's First Grow [Re: ChillbroSwaggins]
    #19613026 - 02/24/14 04:40 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ChillbroSwaggins said:

they're all the same pretty much, from what I can tell. There is a saying, a cube is a cube is a cube.

Nice

I'm gonna keep reading up :takingnotes: and make sure I've got everything ready to go and I'll bump the thread when I start inoculating

Thanks for the feedback  :amanita2:

Offlinebobberhead
StrangerDanger

#19613224 - 02/24/14 05:29 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

goodluck man! please post pics when ready

OfflineDreamChasing
Stranger
Re: DreamChasing's First Grow [Re: bobberhead]
    #28171364 - 02/03/23 09:30 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

So here I am - back - about 9 years later. I actually remember this grow - I had the sterilite tub and all confiscated by my parents, so it never did pan out haha - I did get the jars inoculated and started - just never did move them to terrarium.

Other than that I bought some shrooms once about 5 years ago and just recently took what was left in my fridge - 5 year old shrooms lol. I still fucking love it.

Then life happened - work, school, started a successful side business. But this has been something I have always wanted to do so I'm back at it almost 10 years later.

Much easier having my own house and life really. So I'm going to revive this 10 year old thread with my grow.

I purchased 3 syringes - Albino A+, B+ and Golden Teacher. I'll be inoculating those by boiling the jars - easy enough. And I'll be going with the SGFC. Seems like a simple tried and true way to go. Little things I have to decide on  - like dunking/soaking the cakes after birthing. REally not sure it's necessary or would help - opinions?

Should be getting rocking and rolling this coming week so I'll keep updating this time around!

OfflineJW123
Nooby Nooby Noob
 User Gallery

Loc: Tn
    #28171375 - 02/03/23 09:50 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Look into water tubs instead of a SGFC. Here is a thread about it.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/26601054#26601054

OfflineDreamChasing
Stranger
Re: DreamChasing's First Grow [Re: JW123]
    #28174890 - 02/06/23 12:48 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Quote:

JW123 said:
Look into water tubs instead of a SGFC. Here is a thread about it.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/26601054#26601054

Gotcha - looks a lot simpler and maintenance free. A tub with an inch of water. Maintain the water level and at some point put the top on cock-eyed. Then mist going off looks. No need to fan or make it more complicated than need be.

I am noticing some things have changed over the last few years.

My tub has a white top - I'm not going to worry about it too much - it's a cheap plastic top so would still get plenty of light.

Seems fairly straightforward as long as you get a good sterile environment to start and good colonization of the cakes. Then keep them wet after that lol

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder