Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinegreen711
Stranger
 User Gallery

Careers, businesses, or good ideas to make money * 2
    #28166173 - 01/31/23 04:00 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Hello all, so I am at a crossroad in life trying to figure out where to go next. My current job doesn’t pay well and I’m looking to do better (Running out of money and in alot of debt). I am considering becoming trucker and getting my CDL. I would go for a company that does paid training for the CDL and put in the work for 1-2 years, however long the contract is for. The beginning pay may not be the best but I would expect at least like 50-70k. After some time with experience I would like to do team driving (possibly with a friend) and I’ve seen jobs paying 100-140k for that.

After more time passes I can buy my own truck and become an owner operator making 250k+. I quit weed this year because they do hair follicle tests which detects thc for at least 90 days from what I understand. (So I’m pretty much waiting to be clean.) I worked in the trades as a carpenters helper but didn’t see myself doing physical work for a long time.

I also have an LLC and a clothing brand and website but haven’t made sales yet so I am working on new designs and promoting it. Maybe one day it will take off and be successful. Also I want to learn about becoming an Amazon seller. I know a bit about it, you can place wholesale orders from China and sell it on Amazon FBA (fulfillment by amazon). They store, pack and ship the product for you for a fee. If you find good products to sell you can make alot with minimal work.

I obviously don’t have money to do it right now but one day I want to. Also can sell other markets as well like eBay and Etsy. One day when I have a lot of money in the bank I want to invest and get into real estate. Have rental properties or fix up houses and flip them. I know many people can get rich on YouTube if you have a popular channel and a good niche.

I’m also considering writing a movie or video game story, I have a lot of funny content saved from conversations with a friend. We like to have hilarious conversations, we are some real comedians 😂. So the point of this thread is to see what other good ideas people have out there and to give inspiration to others as well. Whether it’s a business, or a good paying job, or anything that could make you successful, feel free to talk about it here. :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAhab McBathsalts
OTD Windmill Administrator
Other User Gallery Ultimate Champion: Blackjack

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Wind Turbine, AB Flag
Re: Careers, businesses, or good ideas to make money [Re: green711]
    #28167929 - 02/01/23 06:01 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Wind turbine torque and tension. All the bolts have to get retorqued. I know a guy that started a company like 7 years ago with his sons and has 64 employees now. I don't know how many millions he made, but I got him for 40k of work this year, buddy up the road contracted him for about 400k.

It's back breaking work, and hard to find employees and get certificates with insurance, but you can get hired to start work pretty much anywhere these days if you can climb a ladder and pass a piss test. Running the business is not easy, but it's not that competitive.

--------------------
"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's going to die."

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

Loc: PNW
Re: Careers, businesses, or good ideas to make money [Re: Ahab McBathsalts]
    #28169730 - 02/02/23 07:39 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Prostitution

--------------------
Everything I have ever said is total bogus bs I am full of crud therefore everything I say should never be taken literal.

And I am mentally unstable.

OfflineJanthe
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Careers, businesses, or good ideas to make money [Re: budmanman]
    #28175787 - 02/07/23 06:28 AM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Quote:

CDL
Switching career to trucking
Buying own truck

LLC
clothing brand
website

amazon fulfillment
eBay
Etsy

Real estate
Youtube
Movie
Video Game story

any of these including prostitution would work with focused effort.

average work ethic + middle class desires = tech.

OfflineYetee
Stranger
Re: Careers, businesses, or good ideas to make money [Re: green711] * 1
    #28225979 - 03/12/23 05:32 AM (1 year, 17 days ago)

Quote:

glanmit said:
Trucker is a very difficult job which on the other hand pays very well

It takes special people to appreciate the trade. For them, trucking is not a difficult job. For the general population, it's harder than hard. Long hours alone, no family life, no social life, responsibility for your load, stress of getting the next contract (if you're owner operator).

Outside of that, the fact that trucking pays well I'd a bit of a myth. When you really look at the books, truckers usually make less per hour worked than most people. Imo, it's not worth getting into it if you're just looking for money.

Folding@home Statistics
    #28226680 - 03/12/23 05:21 PM (1 year, 17 days ago)

Quote:

Ahab McBathsalts said:
Wind turbine torque and tension. All the bolts have to get retorqued. I know a guy that started a company like 7 years ago with his sons and has 64 employees now. I don't know how many millions he made, but I got him for 40k of work this year, buddy up the road contracted him for about 400k.

It's back breaking work, and hard to find employees and get certificates with insurance, but you can get hired to start work pretty much anywhere these days if you can climb a ladder and pass a piss test. Running the business is not easy, but it's not that competitive.

On this same note, I was trying to find a vendor to take 3 month torque and tension work. It's about 100% re-torque and tension off all bolts during install. Should take about 3 days per tower. I was quoted between 300k - 1.5M, from 3 companies and one backed out because they couldn't get Canadian visas. You are talking about over a million dollars in difference between the only two people able to bid on the job. If you had a semi-skilled workforce that was available, you could easily split the difference at 5 or 600k and still get the job. That is some wild fucking margins from the lowest cost bidder.

--------------------

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

#28227052 - 03/12/23 11:06 PM (1 year, 17 days ago)

Don't you know how to do that? Why are you not bidding it.

--------------------
Everything I have ever said is total bogus bs I am full of crud therefore everything I say should never be taken literal.

Folding@home Statistics
    #28228403 - 03/13/23 08:02 PM (1 year, 16 days ago)

Quote:

budmanman said:
Don't you know how to do that? Why are you not bidding it.

Because I'm on the otherside where I try to hire the contractors to do the work. I'm too old to torque bolts. I'm too fucking old to keep working this hard at all. I can retire before 50 if I stick with this for another 10 years. If I was more ambitious and had 6 hard working dudes and 300k worth of torque tools and truck leases I'd set off and do it myself.

--------------------

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

Re: Careers, businesses, or good ideas to make money [Re: Ahab McBathsalts] * 1
    #28228443 - 03/13/23 08:28 PM (1 year, 16 days ago)

I don't know it sounds like you could retire in a few days if you just got your lazy ass up there and torqued those bolts.

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#28231027 - 03/15/23 06:36 PM (1 year, 14 days ago)

I'm blown away by how fun it is to assist humanity in its struggles by selectively investing in primarily in stocks ETF's and other funds as well as options.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

Re: Careers, businesses, or good ideas to make money [Re: Asante]
    #28231106 - 03/15/23 07:43 PM (1 year, 14 days ago)

I am not sure it really helps humanity but I am sure it is fun.

--------------------

Offlinegreen711
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Careers, businesses, or good ideas to make money [Re: budmanman] * 2
    #28231989 - 03/16/23 12:30 PM (1 year, 13 days ago)

For now I am working a lot many days are 14 hour days during the week so I can pay the bills, save money, and get ahead. I went back into construction doing carpentry, working for 3 contractors plus my other job. But I now have decided to go into business for myself and start a home exterior maintenance company. There are many types of work to chose from, all easy work. Start up costs are low. Will use my LLC for the business, and I expect to earn $500-$1000+ per day once I have a lot of work lined up. Bought an ebook about the type of work I’m looking to do, and also there is unlimited content on YouTube to learn anything you wish. Learning every day, and I have faith success is going to come. Will advertise with flyers, business cards, Facebook ads, and knocking on doors.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#28232581 - 03/16/23 06:59 PM (1 year, 13 days ago)

Quote:

budmanman said:
I am not sure it really helps humanity but I am sure it is fun.

If you invest in the latest enhanced-lethality clusterbomb, it won't.

if you invest in a better solar panel startup, it will.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineSourcer
Stranger
Re: Careers, businesses, or good ideas to make money [Re: Asante]
    #28244661 - 03/24/23 01:01 PM (1 year, 5 days ago)

I would recommend NOT becoming a truck driver. Sure in the short term it could be nice you make decent money, not great, and get to see parts of the country which could be cool if you haven't seen it before. But trucking gets old fast. Boring as fuck and sitting all day isn't very good for you, not to mention you could fall asleep and kill people or yourself.
Not to mention every automotive company around the world is working on the self driving car problem. And its only gonna be 5-10 years till its a thing.

I'd recommend getting into the trades. Welder, plumber, electrician. You will have a huge paycheck once you are a couple years into the trade and they are in high demand and will be some of the last jobs to be replaced by AI.

Goodluck!

OfflineSourcer
Stranger
Re: Careers, businesses, or good ideas to make money [Re: Sourcer]
    #28244666 - 03/24/23 01:03 PM (1 year, 5 days ago)

If you are interested in money, do not become a writer. You can do that for fun after you get done with your real job. And if it turns out you are good at it, you will be able to transition into that career later. But its an oversaturated field everyone wants to do it. And its already being replaced by AI.

Offlinejakemp
Stranger

Re: Careers, businesses, or good ideas to make money [Re: Sourcer]
    #28250153 - 03/27/23 10:14 PM (1 year, 2 days ago)

CDL is a great license to get. I suggest truckersreport.net for practice tests, thats the website i used to study when i got mine.
Those test are pretty spot on with the DMV ones.

OfflineLeTont
Male User Gallery

Loc: New Mexico
Re: Careers, businesses, or good ideas to make money [Re: jakemp]
    #28265857 - 04/06/23 06:15 PM (11 months, 16 days ago)

First post so I'm sorry if I mess some formatting rules up. I have unsuccessfully tried a dropshiping petstore and am currently thinking about growing and selling gourmet shrooms to organic type stores in Albuquerque. I used to sell my chicken eggs there and I think it has potential. Tons of information and how to videos on YouTube make me think that it might be oversaturated? I would love to do this for a living and have the space and passion. BUT only 1k cash to my name. Anyone successfully done this before? I just wanna retire my dad already autozone weekly paycheck does not cut it.

Offlineashfiken
TotalCrazyasshole
Male User Gallery

Loc: SCranton
Re: Careers, businesses, or good ideas to make money [Re: LeTont]
    #28266440 - 04/07/23 07:09 AM (11 months, 15 days ago)

You'd have to check your area to see how over saturated they are.
Members on this site have been doing this and starting lil co-ops and gourmet supply type things for 20 yrs.

To get an idea of saturation,  I would instead call high end restaurants and see if the chef at them has suppliers or if he could utilize gourmets or what.

The organic stores are great, but they don't move quantity to the public for the prices that restaurants will.

Maybe grow based on the need of individual chefs.
I'm sure thus would be a fulfilling thing for you but no way to know how profitable and def not super easy nowadays bc of all the diff suppliers

--------------------
hmm...

"I'm naked and fearless... And my fear is naked."

"life isn't worth living without the threat of death"

"I got my plans in a ziploc bag, let's see how unproductive we can be"

"nobody lives their lives fully except for bull fighters"

My Trade List

OfflineLeTont
Male User Gallery

Loc: New Mexico
Re: Careers, businesses, or good ideas to make money [Re: ashfiken]
    #28268676 - 04/08/23 01:42 PM (11 months, 14 days ago)

Thanks so much for the info. In terms of government intervention should I expect any visits or checks? I'm sure there's certifications to have in order to sell but I'm curious if any of these small mushroom growers get random visits where they can get checked for magic mushies. Would I have to stop growing pretty much or is this something I can continue small scale In my closet separate from the main gourmet cultivation area?

Offlineashfiken
TotalCrazyasshole
Male User Gallery

Loc: SCranton
Re: Careers, businesses, or good ideas to make money [Re: LeTont]
    #28269079 - 04/08/23 07:20 PM (11 months, 14 days ago)

I would look into it in your most local municipality. It could be as simple as a basic business license as all you require..
With selling to local shops and restaurants I am not sure at all myself how much oversight that may or may not require.
I'd say as beginning and small scale, you will prob have no issue. But would def dig into it if/as you grow and conduct more commerce.

--------------------
hmm...

"I'm naked and fearless... And my fear is naked."

"life isn't worth living without the threat of death"

"I got my plans in a ziploc bag, let's see how unproductive we can be"

"nobody lives their lives fully except for bull fighters"

My Trade List

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds