Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinebrewnchew
Stranger
 User Gallery
Possible contamination?
    #28169068 - 02/02/23 12:34 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Hey all,

First time grow here. Today when fanning my cakes I noticed a sort of wet sneaker smell and upon close inspection I noticed there are parts of my stipes that the mycelium has avoided growing in and that are a darker color than the rest of the mushrooms, a few spots look almost black. Is this a mold infection? The rest of the mushrooms look ok it's just these spots on the base of the clusters. I picked one abort that had the same coloration and it seemed to rub off with my fingers. Veils haven't broken so it's definitely not spores.

Thank you for your help.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehazyhorse
scoobin
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Possible contamination? [Re: brewnchew] * 1
    #28169093 - 02/02/23 12:53 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

welcome to the shroomery!!

first off, stop fanning. mushies rely on passive FAE, not blasting them once or twice a day with air. the holes or gaps in your tub generally provide more than enough FAE, & if they don’t you need to dial in your tub more

with the funky smell, i’d assume it’s some bacteria. if it is, you’re fine to eat them as long as you dry them or make a tea (this kills the bacteria). they don’t look too far gone luckily, so you should be fine. they look a bit dry to me (that light blue color is bruising & usually indicates things are too dry or have been handled roughly) but i’ve read that misting bacterial fruits can spread it around real fast. just let ‘em ride & see how they do in the next flush

here’s a source for my reasoning with some pics

looks like you got a fair bit of fruits at least!! :cheers:

--------------------
you're not the first to set foot here, just another
===================================
i love glass petris & you can too!!
posts i constantly refer back to
new to mushroom cultivation?? read this!!
===================================

🅃 🄴 🄰 🄼    🄲 🄻 🄸 🄽 🄶 🅆 🅁 🄰 🄿

Offlinebrewnchew
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Possible contamination? [Re: hazyhorse]
    #28169443 - 02/02/23 04:28 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Cool thanks for the reply hazy. It does look a bit like the early stages of that poor fellows pseudomonas infection.

I'll probably cut them above the brown spots, throw em the dehydrator at 165 and save them for tea.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds