Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMoistMeatloaf
Noob
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
First Grow Bag Grow * 2
    #28162632 - 01/29/23 10:09 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Hello all,

So sadly like a lot of people I ended up buying a growbag and spores online thinking it be an instant success.

It was a 3lb grow bag and the spores were b+ from a trusted local source. Now since I'v been reading thru this forum I now know it was wasted money for the bag and time. I decided to put it into a different container to colonize.

Once it colonized well I broke it up and mix it with coco coir,verm, and dash of gypsum.

I know moving it around and touching it this many times risks so much contamination. I was also just going to case it but when I did originally. I did not put any underneath the colonized substrate and was worried it fruit on the bottom? should I have left it?

Because it was 3 lbs I had extra inoculated substrate and poured them into sterilized containers. I will most likely wait for colonization and move them to different containers.I don't really expect anything out of these besides a learning experience. Either or iv been learning a lot and having fun. I have started doing Agar and Im going to do a grain tek.Thank you guys for all the information it is truly appreciated

Edited by MoistMeatloaf (02/03/23 08:24 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleWanderingAka
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Lost in Space
Re: First Grow [Re: MoistMeatloaf]
    #28163193 - 01/29/23 04:35 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Grow bags def arent the way to go when you know what you're doing. But seeing as you already have them you seem to have a good idea on what you're doing just try and see what happens. Regarding bottom pinning try to use a liner or simply pack it down tightly enough that there arent pockets where side pins can form. I've heard from diff people that both can work.

OfflineMoistMeatloaf
Noob
Male User Gallery

Re: First Grow [Re: WanderingAka]
    #28171305 - 02/03/23 08:23 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

I got swindled for sure fool on me damn charlatans LOL.I will try the packing it tightly technique for sure it be good for future grows. I don't really want to start using liners unless necessary any benefit to them besides help with no bottom pinning? . I'm also trying to find a good SAB TEK any to recommend ?

Thank You

OfflineJW123
Nooby Nooby Noob
 User Gallery

Loc: Tn
    #28171372 - 02/03/23 09:42 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Here is one. It was the easiest one to find because it is stickied at the top of the cultivation sub-forum.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/23990888#23990888
This is the whole stickied thread with all kinds of info.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24144021

OfflineMoistMeatloaf
Noob
Male User Gallery

Re: First Grow [Re: JW123]
    #28184192 - 02/12/23 02:55 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Thanks man Bod's Teks seem very promising I'm excited to try them.

I'm having some early pinning Im thinking its because of bacteria and I cased it too deep possibly?

Invisiblebakedbeings
orbiter of truth
 User Gallery

#28184242 - 02/12/23 03:38 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

looks decent for a kit grow, just let it ride and follow a real tek next time :rockon:

Offlinefiddle_head
IΒ΄m not the dude, guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: luminiferous ether
    #28184532 - 02/12/23 07:12 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Can grow kit victims also be successful?

--------------------
lagm 2024 || lagm 2023 || Performance - 2023 || Things That Are Good
=============
If you want to use cups instead of petris, read this sauce
If you want a free f2 ape-r clone (swab) hit me up :pm:

:swab:The Koru:petri:
πŸ…ƒ πŸ„΄ πŸ„° πŸ„Ό    πŸ„² πŸ„» πŸ„Έ πŸ„½ πŸ„Ά πŸ…† πŸ… πŸ„° πŸ„Ώ

OfflineNFLProof
Sponge
Male User Gallery

Loc: In the ether
Re: First Grow [Re: fiddle_head]
    #28184598 - 02/12/23 07:55 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Quote:

fiddle_head said:

There's exceptions to every rule.

Invisiblebakedbeings
orbiter of truth
 User Gallery

#28184624 - 02/12/23 08:34 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Quote:

fiddle_head said:

oh sure. i have a friend who buys kits and his success rate seems to be around 30-40%

Offlinefiddle_head
IΒ΄m not the dude, guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: luminiferous ether
    #28184927 - 02/13/23 02:23 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Cool, I'll stay with my 93% success rate

--------------------
lagm 2024 || lagm 2023 || Performance - 2023 || Things That Are Good
=============
If you want to use cups instead of petris, read this sauce
If you want a free f2 ape-r clone (swab) hit me up :pm:

:swab:The Koru:petri:
πŸ…ƒ πŸ„΄ πŸ„° πŸ„Ό    πŸ„² πŸ„» πŸ„Έ πŸ„½ πŸ„Ά πŸ…† πŸ… πŸ„° πŸ„Ώ

Invisiblebakedbeings
orbiter of truth
 User Gallery

#28185036 - 02/13/23 06:20 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

:nodofunderstanding:

OfflineMoistMeatloaf
Noob
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: First Grow [Re: bakedbeings]
    #28187859 - 02/14/23 10:06 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Thanks Guys a bit more progress.

It's making me excited to try a real TEK.

OfflineBeefSupremeJr
Detritivore
Male User Gallery

Loc: 29.9792Β° N, 31.1342Β° E
Trusted Cultivator
    #28187917 - 02/14/23 11:00 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Not too bad man.  If you clink the sig that says "team cling wrap" at the bottom of my post, you can read up and decide what route you wanna go.  holler if you have questions.

OfflineMoistMeatloaf
Noob
Male User Gallery

Re: First Grow [Re: BeefSupremeJr]
    #28193248 - 02/18/23 03:06 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Thanks man much appreciated. Got a few questions for sure.

Misting about once a day or only when I notice substrate is missing the beads of water on surface. I keep reading if you have the substrate properly prepared you shouldn't have to mist until after your first flush ?is that correct?  Also they seem to keep growing once I cut the older ones little guys start popping out how do you determine first flush from second ?

Thanks again guys I feel like I'd have nothing without your wisdom and knowledge.

Invisiblebakedbeings
orbiter of truth
 User Gallery

#28193284 - 02/18/23 03:30 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

when your genetics and conditions are dialed you will get flushes. otherwise youll see uneven fruiting like this. its nbd, just harvest at your convenience

and yes a proper substrate and tub setup make misting unnecessary. its a learning process, youll get there. fwiw i dont like misting fruits so i drip water directly on the sub

OfflineMoistMeatloaf
Noob
Male User Gallery

Re: First Grow [Re: bakedbeings]
    #28208662 - 02/28/23 08:10 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Thanks man I'm still getting something from it surprisingly. I'm probably up to about 100 grams wet around 10 grams dry. I started doing some agar in the meantime a few of my jars ended up with trych so I threw them out. They were spore to grain so didnt expect much.

This one is Agar to grain B+ took 2 different transfers then decided to bite the bullet and see how it goes. The transfer was done on 2/13. I do not have any pics of my plates my phones sucks to bad to get a decent picture.My buddy gave me some extra plates I can get the recipe he used. It look alright?

The grain I rinse till clean then I soaked 24 hours then rinse again.I then add some gypsum and simmered for 40 min or until it was nice and plump yet still barley al dente. Let dry 40 min to 2 hours enough to run my fingers thru it with barley any mostiure left. Fill in jars about 2/3rds and get my POS pressure cooker going because my 15 psi setting is a damn baked chicken LMAO. I PC it for 90 min I'd do it for longer but worried it turn the grain to mush.

Just in case the grain kicks my ass I got some brown rice to grind up on the way.

InvisibleProlific Koi
CheeseHead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Lakeshore, MN Flag
    #28212686 - 03/03/23 03:50 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

I pcd my grains for a MINUTE, prolly too long but I was so nervous about contam. Congrats on fruits man, that’s always something to be proud of for sure. Looks like you are definitely getting the hang of things by now. I wonder now if fae is an issue? Looks like you are keeping them nice and hydrated which is good, I say fae just from slime and fuzz build up on some of the shrooms? But maybe you took the pics after misting. Anyways good luck and I’ll definitely be following this thread now! Much love.

Invisiblebakedbeings
orbiter of truth
 User Gallery

Re: First Grow [Re: Prolific Koi]
    #28212747 - 03/03/23 04:15 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

pretty bacterial jars

OfflineMoistMeatloaf
Noob
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: First Grow [Re: bakedbeings] * 1
    #28212980 - 03/03/23 06:41 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Thanks guys much appreciated. It could totally be a FAE issue I did notice the fuzzy feet not much slime tho. Also pretty sure i misted too much I learned my lesson . Baked I meant to ask how do you drip the water directly on your sub if you dont mind me asking?

And damn about them being bacterial was hoping these would be okay they smelt so amazingly mushy but cant smell bacteria damnit. I ended up putting them into 3 shoe boxs . For 2 of them I cased and for the other I just mixed with coir. I keep reading you don't need to case B+ I just wanted to see what happens. Now knowing they're bacterial should I proceed?

Just Mixed With Coir/Verm

Cased with Coir/Verm 0.25"

Cased With Coir/Verm 0.15"

Side note Prolific Koi love you avatar Prison Mike knows all. Lmao

InvisibleWay
The

Loc: A long way away
    #28213017 - 03/03/23 07:17 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MoistMeatloaf said:
Thanks guys much appreciated. It could totally be a FAE issue I did notice the fuzzy feet not much slime tho. Also pretty sure i misted too much I learned my lesson . Baked I meant to ask how do you drip the water directly on your sub if you dont mind me asking?

And damn about them being bacterial was hoping these would be okay they smelt so amazingly mushy but cant smell bacteria damnit. I ended up putting them into 3 shoe boxs . For 2 of them I cased and for the other I just mixed with coir. I keep reading you don't need to case B+ I just wanted to see what happens. Now knowing they're bacterial should I proceed?

Just Mixed With Coir/Verm

Cased with Coir/Verm 0.25"

Cased With Coir/Verm 0.15"

Side note Prolific Koi love you avatar Prison Mike knows all. Lmao

I mean, you've already spawned them so it would be pointless to toss them now. Run them and see what happens, it'll be a good learning experience, and you may end up getting some decent fruit.

Regarding the casing, most people recommend a shallow top layer of coir for any cube. It protects the grains and holds the moisture in. I see very few uncased grows around here these days, but maybe I'm not paying attention. You don't really get better results from not casing them, so it doesn't hurt.

--------------------

That's the way she goes, boys. Sometimes she goes, sometimes she doesn't, cause that's the fuckin way she goes.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate