Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

[UK] Doctor warns nitrous oxide 'more dangerous than cocaine'
    #28159468 - 01/27/23 08:06 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Doctor warns nitrous oxide 'more dangerous than cocaine' and leaving kids unable to walk
January 27, 2023 - Birmingham Live

Doctors have warned of a 'terrifying' epidemic following a rise in patients suffering 'life-changing' nerve damage

Youngsters are going blind, suffering irreversible nerve damage and 'crawling' unable to walk after inhaling nitrous oxide, a Birmingham neurologist has warned. Dr David Nicholl is on a mission to clamp down on the abuse and sale of nitrous oxide as a recreational drug - labelling it 'more dangerous than cocaine.'

Speaking as ministers are said to be discussing ways to strengthen the law around nitrous oxide sales, Dr Nicholl said he was treating 'several' patients every week for medical issues related to the substance . The party drug - more commonly known as 'laughing gas' - is the second most popular drug among 16- to 24-year-olds - with its popularity booming in recent years.

A recent BirminghamLive investigation uncovered how nitrous oxide was being openly sold at city shops and off-licences with no questions asked - a potential criminal offence. Dr Nicholl wants to see tougher penalties for businesses found supplying the drug.

Speaking to Radio 5 Live, the neurologist said: "I think we should think of nitrous oxide as more dangerous than cocaine.

"I don’t like the term laughing gas because that trivialises it. There was a patient I saw on Monday, a 19-year-old student who had to crawl to the bathroom because he couldn’t walk.

"He said all his friends were using it. I I don’t regularly see patients with cocaine abuse on the ward - but there is always someone being treated for the neurological consequences of nitrous oxide."

In August 2022, 16-year-old Kayleigh Burns collapsed at a house party in Leamington Spa shortly after being filmed inhaling laughing gas. In November, Dr Nicholl met with West Midlands Police and Crime Commissioner Simon Foster to discuss strengthening the law around the drug.

"I’m aware of a franchise of shops across Birmingham that sell nitrous oxide," he said. “This stuff should not be being sold in corner shops.

"There are also websites that readily sell this with instructions on Youtube of who to use it. I went to meet West Midlands Police in November and they told me there had only been four arrests since the introduction of 2016 Psychoactive Drugs Act.

"There need to be adjustments to legislation to make it tougher on suppliers. I don’t want to criminalise our young people - we should be criminalising the suppliers."

Health officials in Birmingham are warning that not enough is known about the health implications of taking the drug. Between 2001 and 2020, there were 56 registered deaths involving nitrous oxide in England and Wales.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblejack_straw2208
Doctor
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: [UK] Doctor warns nitrous oxide 'more dangerous than cocaine' [Re: veggie]
    #28159687 - 01/27/23 11:04 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

I love nitrous but this might work to save almost dozens of lives.

--------------------
If you can’t tell what you desperately need, it’s probably sleep.

Invisibleburntkitty
 User Gallery

Re: [UK] Doctor warns nitrous oxide 'more dangerous than cocaine' [Re: veggie]
    #28159863 - 01/27/23 01:31 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Is it from freezing their cervical and or a lack of oxygen? I been using for a long time, not even brain freeze. Would a balloon fix it?

--------------------
Hating America doesn't make one racist, it probably means they're the complete opposite. That's not it's name pilgrim

Shia wang a genius he just kept showing his soft til the paparazzi stopped following

Thought capitalism was suppose to stop these soviet union lines

If you give me herpes, Ill give you AIDs

What kind of sickness do they have for wanting the creative not creative. I can only imagine it's satanism

OfflineDave Bowman
Albert Hoffmans Apprentice
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Your Imagination
Re: [UK] Doctor warns nitrous oxide 'more dangerous than cocaine' [Re: burntkitty]
    #28160015 - 01/27/23 03:05 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Quote:

burntkitty said:
Is it from freezing their cervical and or a lack of oxygen? I been using for a long time, not even brain freeze. Would a balloon fix it?

I am wondering the same thing myself.  I've used and abused nitrous plenty over the past 20 years or so and I feel like I have no long-lasting effects.  It definitely hasn't had any consequences for me that are noticeable.  I've never been an idiot and taken draws right off a cannister or not taken breaths between balloons so I'm wondering how exactly these kids are getting fucked up.

Invisiblejack_straw2208
Doctor
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: [UK] Doctor warns nitrous oxide 'more dangerous than cocaine' [Re: Dave Bowman]
    #28160101 - 01/27/23 04:01 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

More people die slipping in the shower.

You all should be aware there are liter canisters available on everybody's least favorite online shopping website, comes with a plastic twisty nozzle cap, for the purpose of making whipped cream and infusing spirits. The equivalent of 70-80 cartridges in one big canister for a similar price, no oil, less waste, no embarrassing jingling on the way to the recycling bin. I do not condone sacrificing braincells to save the environment.

--------------------
If you can’t tell what you desperately need, it’s probably sleep.

Invisibleburntkitty
 User Gallery

Re: [UK] Doctor warns nitrous oxide 'more dangerous than cocaine' [Re: jack_straw2208]
    #28160684 - 01/28/23 12:37 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Quote:

jack_straw2208 said:
More people die slipping in the shower.

You all should be aware there are liter canisters available on everybody's least favorite online shopping website, comes with a plastic twisty nozzle cap, for the purpose of making whipped cream and infusing spirits. The equivalent of 70-80 cartridges in one big canister for a similar price, no oil, less waste, no embarrassing jingling on the way to the recycling bin. I do not condone sacrificing braincells to save the environment.

Link to the article that says it destroy braincells. I mean I take the stance everything does but thats what they use to complain about cannabis. Hows it compare to alcohol, is a box like half a bottle of wine or worse than a bottle? I suffer from too smart for my own neighborhood.

--------------------
Hating America doesn't make one racist, it probably means they're the complete opposite. That's not it's name pilgrim

Shia wang a genius he just kept showing his soft til the paparazzi stopped following

What kind of sickness do they have for wanting the creative not creative. I can only imagine it's satanism

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: [UK] Doctor warns nitrous oxide 'more dangerous than cocaine' [Re: veggie] * 1
    #28160824 - 01/28/23 06:11 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Death to you or your brain cells isn't really the issue. It's nerve damage caused b12 depletion. Not really(though not always) a concern unless you are practically a daily user, or doings hundreds of "nangs" a sitting...but for those who fit that description it IS a real issue, and shouldn't be made light of, but there are generally plenty of warning signs they have to ignore before anyone goes fucking blind and banning isn't the solution...unless you WANT to create another black market industry or those same people inhaling possibly tainted nos.

The people that they are supposedly trying to protect would be better served by a public education campaign...not bullshit scare tactics(I thought we were past this "just say no" nonsense?) and definitely not bureaucrats grasping at power. Anybody who thinks nitrous is more dangerous than cocaine isn't qualified to practice medicine imho.

Quote:

I suffer from too smart for my own neighborhood.

I wonder about that...are those supposed to be thoughts from you in your signature? Or do you parade them around in mocking shame of the OP? I guess it doesn't matter, if its the former than I am sure you must surround yourself with some pretty fucking stupid people.

Edited by Holybullshit (01/28/23 06:24 AM)

OfflinePs.NoName
Psilocybe Anonymous
 User Gallery

Re: [UK] Doctor warns nitrous oxide 'more dangerous than cocaine' [Re: Holybullshit]
    #28161171 - 01/28/23 11:05 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

There are people that go through boxes of charges of day.  They are the ones that get the brain damage.  I saw a picture of some kids that filled up a bathtub with .  In Manchester there are some homeless camps where you wade through nitrous charges and they all wash into into the street gutters clogging them up.

I wouldn't worry too much about occasional use. 
https://i.imgur.com/deVpMQ7.jpg

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: [UK] Doctor warns nitrous oxide 'more dangerous than cocaine' [Re: Ps.NoName] * 2
    #28161266 - 01/28/23 12:08 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Even doing that intermittently isn't a big deal for most with a decent diet, your body will replenish the oxidized b12 pretty quickly, if you give it a little time between...though I know there are people who fit into that mold, especially in the UK, that have formed a dependence on them but its not like kids are experimenting with it and getting nerve damage.

I'd like to see that doc watch someone smoke crack all day, every day for years and tell me cocaine is less dangerous than nitrous, lmao.

The real point is the small number of people we are talking about...even among heavy nitrous users long term chronic use is not the norm, and among that already limited number most go years without issue. How many people in the UK are actually getting hurt here? I doubt enough to blink an eye at compared to the social harms of alcohol.

And that's without even getting into the debate of whats really causing said ailments this doc has allegedly treated, is it the nitrous, the lack of oxygen, or just good old fashioned polydrug abuse.

Edited by Holybullshit (01/28/23 01:06 PM)

Offlineviraldrome
 User Gallery

Loc: Parts Unknown
Re: [UK] Doctor warns nitrous oxide 'more dangerous than cocaine' [Re: Holybullshit]
    #28161775 - 01/28/23 06:24 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

People who drink too much alcohol end up with horrible symptoms too. My cardiologist says he sees people in their 20s permanent heart damage from cocaine use all the time. Abusing things has consequences. I did whip its about 3 times last year never more than 30 at a time, you don't see people getting hurt by nitrous in surgery, with occasional limited use the health dangers are minimal. These stories are all vitamin depleted abusers.

And i wonder too if these people inhaling 100 1 dollar cans a day just have too much money, that's like crack level cost to do that much. Its bad for environment all those little cans. It will be unfortunate if 0.0001 percent of the total users cause bans for everyone else. No one cares in Canada its not even on radar here. Probably because we have real drug problems here, but you never know when some busy body health fuckers will start causing a stink. If you sell a racing tank here it has to have bitterant added. Which is funny since hooking one to your street car is illegal. Legal controls on nitrous could be on the horizon everywhere, whippets might not be around forever

--------------------
Lysergamides I have tried so far: 1P-LSD, 1cP-LSD, ALD-52, AL-LAD, LSZ, ETH-LAD, MIPLA, EIPLA, 1cP-AL-LAD

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
Re: [UK] Doctor warns nitrous oxide 'more dangerous than cocaine' [Re: jack_straw2208]
    #28161880 - 01/28/23 07:25 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Quote:

jack_straw2208 said:
I love nitrous but this might work to save almost dozens of lives.

For me the bigger deal is just the effect that it has on people's Health without killing them. It only took me about 3 months of binging on nitrous to wind up with a B12 deficiency so bad that I could not feel my legs or hands. When the numbness progressed to my genitals I decided enough was enough and went to a doctor. Fortunately I was able to fix this with some B12 shots... And by stopping nitrous. That shit really can be like crack though.

Invisibleburntkitty
 User Gallery

#28161941 - 01/28/23 08:26 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

hahaha. Yeah they're the stupidest. I wanted to say 'for my own good' but it's reliant on a variable, that's my environment. it's reverse eugenics, they just want predictable outcomes. I do drugs to fit in to society's norm and cocaine to shrink these huge nuts

--------------------

Edited by burntkitty (01/28/23 08:30 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds