Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Post Traumatic Slave Disorder
    #2815997 - 06/22/04 02:53 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

New Black Panther party leader defends black man who brutally kills his two-year old son. The defense is saying that slavery abolished 140 years ago caused this father to whip and beat his own son to death. (Why aren't other blacks doing this en masse?)

I am (not surprisingly) having a hard time with this pathetic excuse.

Would especially like to hear from African-Americans.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRedo
CTA

Re: Post Traumatic Slave Disorder [Re: Swami]
    #2816011 - 06/22/04 03:04 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Some African American citizens actually got money for their ancestors being slaves, paid by US tax dollars.

Offlineblu3
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Colorado
Re: Post Traumatic Slave Disorder [Re: Redo]
    #2816015 - 06/22/04 03:06 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

i think thats a great idea.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: Post Traumatic Slave Disorder [Re: blu3]
    #2816050 - 06/22/04 03:43 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Thats great... man... all these social problems... Lets throw them out the window!!!

Come on swami... help me out over here... i need a hand. :wink:

This is a good example of how horrible people make excuses for cruelty... when are people gonna wake up?

--------------------
What?

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
    #2816137 - 06/22/04 05:28 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

:eek:

Abolutely. All those who were slaves should get money from all those who owned slaves.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Edited by luvdemshrooms (06/22/04 05:30 AM)

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
    #2816641 - 06/22/04 11:17 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I heard about this the other day. Most blacks I know believe this type of thinking is nonsense.

I live in a city which one of the heads of the New Black Panther party and Nation of Islam calls home. Quanell X was in the news recently for bringing a young man in who had shot a cop. He informed the police he was bringing him in and he worked out a pre-planned route to take in which the cops would follow him. He deviated from that route, which was all highway, into a residential neighborhood. The cops tried to stop him and he didn't pull over, instead leading them on a low speed chase.

He is now outraged that he was pulled over and arrested for evading the police, saying it is only politically charged. Reparations are also on the forefront of their agenda. They were holding hearing at city councel meetings demanding a study be done to investigate their validity. There was a huge confrontation when the newly elected mayor said "We're facing huge budget shortfalls right now that could mean the loss of jobs for hundreds of city employees...we have more important things to spend money on right now."

I know that many of those in the New Black Panther party are also memebers of the Nation of Islam. This "religion" teaches that whites were created by a renegade black scientist thousands of years ago. Since they were created by a man, they are without souls according to them. Hence the "white devils."
There is no living in peace or accord with them, they believe they are the rightful rulers of this entire planet.

It seems to me that many of the so called "black leaders" share little in common with average blacks. Most I know believe that even Jesse Jackson is a joke. Let's just hope that those who take them seriously are few in number.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Post Traumatic Slave Disorder [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #2816663 - 06/22/04 11:29 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Defending this case in particular seems as if it would hurt ANY group's credibility.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
    #2816723 - 06/22/04 11:55 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

You would think so.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #2816752 - 06/22/04 12:11 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

i think thats a great idea

What's a great idea? Reperations or paying those that were slaves?

If you meant only pay those that were slaves then I agree. (noone alive today was a slave in the United States)

If you mean reperations for black Americans, then your thought patterns are all wacky.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion