Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
What is your strangest non-drug experience? * 1
    #2813251 - 06/21/04 05:50 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Tell us all of your weirdest-ever story. I promise a hands-off approach on this thread only. I will not comment (unless asked to), so you are free to go hog-wild with no repercussions nor analysis (from me at least). Take full advantage of this once-in-a-lifetime offer.

I may even add one or two of my own.

Begin!

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Edited by Swami (06/21/04 06:03 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: What is your strangest non-drug experience? [Re: Swami] * 1
    #2813266 - 06/21/04 05:56 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

the fact you exclude drug eperiences bothers me!

but ok
this ONE TIME at band camp....

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #2813496 - 06/21/04 09:24 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Alright... Ill name one. This is a good 4 years ago or so...

I was laying down on my bed, staring up at the ceiling like i always do when i cant go to sleep. And i started thinking about things... like i always do... This kept me up...i kept thinking. Of course im only 15 and i start thinking about the universe.

I start to wonder why we have all these things telling us what the universe is, what makes it....  yet no one really knows or udnerstands why it is here. People always found beliefs in these things they didnt know existed.

SO i started looking for an answer... on my bed. Staring up into th the ceiling... I asked myself what is one thing that pervades the universe... which can go through it constantly... then i thought... "hmmmmmmm...." then i thought about the concept of day and night... day and night... then i started thinking about different opposites... male and female... then i realized that opposites pervade the universe!!! Then all of a sudden i had this vision of this infinite web going out through the very edges of the universe... to the very depts of existence.

it was then i realized i could find something i could finally "follow" and see where the path of that revelation would take me.

Before then i had become very disatisfied with the world/government/religion and I was never really big on religion anyway, i hated going to church, and my life experiences never really said... "hey youve had a nice life, why dont you thank someone for it".. of course my life has never been the same since. It has revealed many other things to me... on and off drugs. But that time... i had never used drugs before in my life. :wink:

--------------------
What?

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: What is your strangest non-drug experience? [Re: Zero7a1] * 1
    #2813509 - 06/21/04 09:34 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Zero7a1
you are a natural mystic, and could be a great scientist too.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2813565 - 06/21/04 10:05 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I was sleeping in my bed one night and woke up in terror to this trumpet sound within my head, and thought the apocalypse was here.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
    #2813773 - 06/21/04 11:13 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Just recently during meditation I had a pretty bizarre experience. I became aware that all my perception was not external to my being, but rather within it. I fully realized I was not my body, or even the majority of my mind, but rather an infinitely fine consciousness connected to a series of other consciousness, each connected to the physical universe via "bridges" into the brains of all animals and other conscious beings within the universe. I could be aware of the infinite cloud of consciousness, and the bubbling off of "my" own consciousness. All emotions, physical feelings, and senses all appeared in their unadultered form, as pure energy within the dark isolation of my consciousness. Then, I "heard" someone familiar and came to recognize it as another area of my brain, a part of my subconscious. It relayed some incredible information that I was already aware of physically, just not consciously, and then guided my into a partial astral projection. The weird thing about this experience was that it was not weird at all, but rather seemed unusually natural, normal subjective to my own existence. Since then, I've put more of an emphasis on non-drug related spiritual exploration than drug induced, which I see as a positive change. I probably sound crazy, so I'll stop :smile:

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #2813824 - 06/21/04 11:29 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

This was, by far, the weirdest thing that's ever happened to me while sober. There were a few other weird experiences, but they were most likely due to sleep paralysis... and besides, they weren't nearly as impressive.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: What is your strangest non-drug experience? [Re: Sclorch] * 1
    #2815814 - 06/21/04 11:23 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

thats interesting... many things have happened to me like this before. I had made a thread about it a while ago... What did you make of it?

--------------------
What?

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2815881 - 06/21/04 11:52 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Thank you for NOT sharing the story about the drunk marine, the boy scout and the German shepard.

--------------------

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
    #2816037 - 06/22/04 01:28 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

many strange things have happened... ill go ahead and share one, since you guys are just words on my computer with strange pictures for faces :wink:

some history:  ive been trying to astraly project myself since i was about 15 years old, with some success, though when i acomplish this, i dont really know the process.  when i leave my body, in the past i have become very frantic and im not sure what to do, i start thinking about what i should do with this amazing gift, and i think "travel" or sometimes "go elswhere" will be in my head.  so i try to leave the room im in and i get caught up in the wall and snap back to my body, awake.  sometimes there is a vague fear of wherever i am.  ive seen other astral travelers, some benevolent and some menacing (though wether their intentions were real or imagined its hard to say).

story:  i ask an elder of mine who is considered by some to be very mystical... i guess i thought so also, otherwise i would not have asked, this question "what do i do when i leave my body?  its so frustrating sometimes, because i dont know what to do."  she told me to wait.  to have patience.  it was so simple it had to be good advice.

throughout the next week or so, i attempted to leave my body with little succes (it wasnt unusual for projections to be months apart).  but the night im speaking of, i relaxed and when dreams came, i would push them off and wake myself up.  i finally got to a point where i just closed my eyes, and i was out of my body half way, sitting up, juxtaposed with my self laying on the bed.  i was surprised, and thought "oh great what do i do now" when i remembered the advice.  it was hard to not just run to the wall/ceiling/door and lose myself in those desires, but i lost the frustration instead.  for what seemed to be about 10 seconds (which believe me i was unable to "sit" still for even a second when i normally projected) i noticed in the corner of my room a darkness begin to pool.

at first i felt amazement, something was happening!  but as the darkness grew into the corner so did the appearence of a cloaked figure, wearing this pure shadow.  death? demon? the ferryman?  i had no fucking clue.  i became frightened.  i remembered reading somewhere that everyone has guides.  spirits/angles/ghosts/ whatever, but everyone had them and they would teach you, or show you some truth, enough to get along in the astral plane.  i thought to myself this cant be my guide, the darkness is my guide?
my "eyes" became wide and as i thought of retreat, i my physical eyes opened.

analyisis then: no fucking clue.

further experiences: ive seen this same type of phenomena in my life now, and i see him as a herald of change.  but psychological/emotional change.  ive yet to witnes him again in astral travel (really all i do is astral pop out and back in) but he has come to me in very lucid moments of my life, and twice when i was with someone, who was sleeping.

analysis now:  i havnt thought about him/it in a long while and perhaps it is just a fragment of my past and ill never see that one again?  maybe im on the wrong plane when i leave my body, to see him?

if i wrote more of my thoughts you would all think im crazy most likely, if this hasnt convinced you yet :wink:

side note:  i didnt experience any drugs/hallucinogens/doorways/lethargies or anything until the crest of 18 years old, and many of my experiences with this were before then, but not all of them.

peace
Casil

a

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2816074 - 06/22/04 02:07 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

My ex had just taken my kids and absconded. I had just moved out of my office that I shared with another attorney. I was forced to send my then-14-year old son to Monterey.

My mind was tweaked.

But somehow, while I was freaking, someone or something ( I say God, now) came in and while I was freaking, showed me what steps to take, and how it would turn out, up until a certain time period.

I took all the steps I was shown, and everything worked out very well, as was shown, until the end of that time period.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Re: What is your strangest non-drug experience? [Re: Frog] * 1
    #2816796 - 06/22/04 10:39 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

When I was thirteen-fifteen I studied the occult. I used to go to the BOTA for their rituals. I remember looking up at some point and seeing with my minds eye a blazing sun. It also felt like midday though it was after dark. Later I found out that they had a working vault of the adepti there upstairs. The Vault is a sphere of balanced forces and is of the sphere of the sun - Tipereth in Kaballah. So I had a vision and confirmation.

Another time, when doing ritual druming with a Cree Indian medicine man, the ritual part was over, and the peace pipe (filled with tobacco only) was passed around and the immediate relaxation which hit me opened my mind's eye and I felt this very primal fire energy and saw some flames. It's hard to describe so I'll leave it at that. Later in the week two others who were at the drumming had incidents with fire, one having something explode, and another getting their hair caught on fire. Then later I found out that the Cree had evoked fire elementals for purification. Again, an experience and confirmation.

Still another. After learning TM when I was still a kid, I was meditating, thinking of nothing in particular when again the mind's eye opened and I saw kundalini snake and it seemed to detact itself from my body and raise it's head and hiss. And as it hissed white smoke came from it's mouth, and I never saw it again but the white smoke has always remained.

I have a couple more for my 25 years of meditation and esoteric studies, but that's about as flashy as it gets for me.

--------------------
...or something

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Re: What is your strangest non-drug experience? [Re: eve69] * 1
    #2816819 - 06/22/04 10:52 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Actually, there's one more I want to relate because it was so strange. I went to a friend's house. He was the owner of a store which sold gems and rudraksha. He let me put on 100 strands of five faced rudraksha all at once. Prior to this moment I had always been very unflexible. When I put them on I felt like a huge weight was lifted from my spine and then I touched my palms flat to the ground. Since then I have been able to at least touch my toes. But prior to that day I was never able to.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #2816922 - 06/22/04 11:28 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Thank you for NOT sharing the story about the drunk marine, the boy scout and the German shepard.

No problem... I wouldn't want to get you in trouble with the law or anything.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #2817080 - 06/22/04 12:28 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Wierdest Non drug experience? godamn thats a tough one...

Ive had a few OBE's which are really nuts, especially since they were involuntary. I woke up with stomach cramps one night, was up for like an hour or so in pain then collapsed on my bed and immediatly blacked out. Within a quarter second my whole body was buzzing and then a whooshing feeling and i was floating above my body. Ive had things like this 3 or 4 times and done different things, but always a mindfuck.

Many Dreams have been totally bizarre, but also hard to articulate. Lucid dreams as well are incredibly wierd and fun. I once had a lucid dream where i had 3 false awakenings (i would wake up into another dream) and in each one i would tell someone, my dad or friend etc about the dream i had just had, WHILE STILL ASLEEP. totally mad.

Being choked unconcious in Judo was also pretty amazing. My whole body buzzed, much like in my OBE's and i was sent to a world of euphoric bliss, softly ringing bells and pinkish light. Then i became aware of a thudding noise. A moment later i realized that thudding noise was my own legs smashing the matt again and again as my body spasmed... the next thing i saw was my instructor slapping my face. All in all very disorienting.

Another time i had a dream that very closely corresponded to a wierd experience my mom was having at the same chronological time... wont go into details.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: What is your strangest non-drug experience? [Re: Moonshoe] * 1
    #2817112 - 06/22/04 12:44 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Being choked unconcious in Judo was also pretty amazing.

Perhaps this could be worked into a religious ritual.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2817138 - 06/22/04 12:51 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

No problem... I wouldn't want to get you in trouble with the law or anything.

Hehe! You got me on that one. Touche!

--------------------

OfflineRyanLostHisMind
experimenter

#2817146 - 06/22/04 12:53 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

mines just like zero's laying on my bed thinking about the universe and what exactally it is.

--------------------
blush] or :o =
:cool: =
:crazy: =
:frown: or :frown: =
:laugh: or :laugh: =
:mad: =
:shocked: =
:smile: or :smile: =
:tongue: or :p =
:wink: or :wink: =

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
Re: What is your strangest non-drug experience? [Re: Todcasil] * 1
    #2818053 - 06/22/04 05:13 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Very nice thread... but something about this thread made me want to put the lights in the room back on.

Tod, next time you OBE, I suggest trying to relax and taking things slow. There are definately other enitities in the astral plane, tricksters mostly who like to play tricks on you, but if you let yourself fear it gets worse, if you relax they will quickly leave you alone.

As for my sober werid experiences... I have many, but still not enough. Actually I'm going through a period right now where I'm having alot of amazing dreams that I recall so well, some with meaning somehow.
The most amazing experience of all is one I've had while meditating years ago. I think I was 15 or something. I meditated and it didnt take long before I entered the most blissfull, divine and truth-revealing state of mind ever. I was all. I felt I was all and all was me. My emotion was contemptness and wisdom beyond anything I can explain. If I wanted to know something I would know it, if I had a question i had an answer... but I tried my best not to wake myself out of the moment and cautiously rode it out. That experience revealed such a divine truth to me. I feel as though I could have asked myself/god/all so many questions... but the state of mind was the big answer, and that is that we are all one. I could write a book about this experience alone, it was fabulous.

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: What is your strangest non-drug experience? [Re: filthysock] * 1
    #2818416 - 06/22/04 06:51 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

thanks for your input filthysock, my mind races faster than i can catch it usually... once i actually relax, it seems its just a step away from getting "hyper" again.  i think this is my weakness/personlity.  it has been pretty consistent the past years, though i know with time i will change it.

thanks

also:  i was tempted to turn on the lights also :wink:  reading these threads and the one about satanism (though i am very skeptical about it, i still get the creeps).

peace

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder