Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineThugnar
Newbie in the stream
I'm a teapot

Loc: Next to Mordor
SAB technique
    #28153135 - 01/23/23 03:33 AM (1 year, 3 months ago)

So i see that some a bit more proffessional minded peep's here use a rack to elevate their work floor for petris from the floor of the SAB. It's common practice but when i was designing my cabinet SAB i was considering the surface material to be really static(electric) and it is so even if the surface has a pool water next to it. So i made curtain doors from polyester filter fabric to my operational hand holes (ahaa ha ahahah) wich i can moisten with 70% ethanol to help minimize the movement of particles when i move my hands.
So the question is this-> If i moisten the surfaces in the SAB floor and walls by spraying upwards with Lysol fine mist spray in a narrow cone formation inside the SAB and quickly close the door.. OR just moisten the floor and lower parts of walls with fine mist of 70% ethanol.. Will the floor of the SAB stay clean enough for me to process the transfers without cling wrap, parafilm, ziplock bags or any elevation to the work floor where the petris are processed and stored while observed for transfers?

When i store the petris inside the workspace i quess i could cover them with something or make a covered racket for them so i dont have to move them by hand when checking the growth and then i could even use some soapy water instead of alcohol. Wich sounds reasonable now that i think about it but it is not the question though. Still any upgrade tips are welcome.

My control plate in the SAB has been clean now for 11 days.

Oh right... A pic of the SAB.

--------------------
Seems like 99% of people in shroomery mushcult use the Bucket Tek. I do not and for saying this they call me arrogant cause i dont have pictures of my own mushrooms here. The mycoforum of my country just got their proof of shroomerys hostility. I do like it here though becaus of the agar. The archives are valuable.

Edited by Thugnar (01/23/23 03:44 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSirPsycho
Purple Belt in Google-Fu
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Rent free in your head
Trusted Cultivator
Re: SAB technique [Re: Thugnar] * 2
    #28153179 - 01/23/23 04:46 AM (1 year, 3 months ago)

How about a pic of the clean control plates?

--------------------
:pm:Ask me about free Ps tampanesis, Ps subtropicalis and Ps cubensis (ESS) prints:pm:
Balance in life is like running on ice.

🅑🅞🅣🅣🅛🅔 🅖🅐🅝🅖

"Mist your balls and fan your asshole" - Pandaskis, 2023

OfflineThugnar
Newbie in the stream
I'm a teapot

Re: SAB technique [Re: SirPsycho]
    #28153194 - 01/23/23 05:06 AM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Quote:

SirPsycho said:
How about a pic of the clean control plates?

Oh right! I almost forgot. My bitch ass adhd makes me forgetful. I got work for the next 3 hours so a bit more patience please. Ill post em on this thread.
In the meanwhile how about the SAB? Any smart ass comments or actual input? =D

--------------------
Seems like 99% of people in shroomery mushcult use the Bucket Tek. I do not and for saying this they call me arrogant cause i dont have pictures of my own mushrooms here. The mycoforum of my country just got their proof of shroomerys hostility. I do like it here though becaus of the agar. The archives are valuable.

InvisibleShrimps
Traveler
I'm a teapot

Loc: Under the sea
Re: SAB technique [Re: Thugnar]
    #28153196 - 01/23/23 05:14 AM (1 year, 3 months ago)

I would go with a Tub that fits in there as a SAB and put in some tablars on top so you can store your jars and stuff.
But that's just mho ^^

Other than that. Well,... it's a start. I am willing to see how you progress :popcorn:

--------------------
I am not crazy, I prefer the term mentally hillarious.

Agar - The way to go!
Clean spawn checklist
Proper Surface Moisture
Recognizing and dealing with contamination

🅃 🄴 🄰 🄼    🄲 🄻 🄸 🄽 🄶 🅆 🅁 🄰 🄿

OfflineThugnar
Newbie in the stream
I'm a teapot

Re: SAB technique [Re: Shrimps]
    #28153201 - 01/23/23 05:20 AM (1 year, 3 months ago)

I am currently in the process of designing an SAB that can fit in and also be taken out to a platform next to the cabinet SAB/(also a cleanroom i quess). Thanks for the confirmation that its propably not a useless thing to do. Always fun to tinker with stuff. =P

--------------------

InvisibleShrimps
Traveler
I'm a teapot

Re: SAB technique [Re: Thugnar] * 1
    #28153205 - 01/23/23 05:25 AM (1 year, 3 months ago)

I would recommend keep it as simple as possible: How mushboy works a dry SAB / BOD's SIMPLE AS FUCK SAB TEK

( Munch's Mushroom Movies if you're a lazy reader and for Agar definitly: BOD's Comprehensive Agar TEK Make your own Agar. Learn the basics (not the ones from the 1900...) )

Don't try to reinvent the wheel, low cost isn't always a bad thing. When you once got your rutine down and things going as you want them to, then experimenting makes more fun.

Also start on a small scale, not jump in big. In the beginning you get set backs and it's cheaper and less frustrating when it's only small batches that you have to start over.

I am still a bit sad of how you act here in the community but I am willing to see and help you if needed, if you really wish to grow mushrooms and not just trolling around.

Also: How it should & shouldn't look - NEW CULTIVATORS GUIDE from Tmethyl

edit: and read the links in my signature

--------------------

Agar - The way to go!
Clean spawn checklist
Proper Surface Moisture

Edited by Shrimps (01/23/23 05:37 AM)

Offlinedyel
Male User Gallery

#28153223 - 01/23/23 05:52 AM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Im confused about what are the shoes doing there :confused:

OfflineThugnar
Newbie in the stream
I'm a teapot

#28153225 - 01/23/23 05:55 AM (1 year, 3 months ago)

I've been trying to be platonic and friendly as possible but if someone tries to combat me with insults or irrelevant stuff then the echo of that response ricrockets in my attitude towards that person. In the social scene of my youth it was mandatory. The other option was to be stepped on or be stolen from. In my perspective i am seen "arrogant" for having a tough skin to insults. :laugh:
But its all fun and games when i meet sensible people (or people who atleast try) and get a decent response that i can take in with logical arguments/ source information like you just did. Loving the Totoro btw. =)

--------------------

OfflineThugnar
Newbie in the stream
I'm a teapot

Re: SAB technique [Re: dyel]
    #28153226 - 01/23/23 05:56 AM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Quote:

dyel said:
Im confused about what are the shoes doing there :confused:

So am i. I just forgot them there and been spraying them with Lysol when i decontaminate the near surfaces. =DD

--------------------

InvisibleShrimps
Traveler
I'm a teapot

Re: SAB technique [Re: Thugnar] * 5
    #28153228 - 01/23/23 06:00 AM (1 year, 3 months ago)

I still don't like you and think you are a troll and bad influence for this community, but if you are really willing to learn and show us some grows and your progress doing it, and also trying to be friendlier. Maybe you can change my mind :shrug:

--------------------

Agar - The way to go!
Clean spawn checklist
Proper Surface Moisture

OfflineThugnar
Newbie in the stream
I'm a teapot

#28153245 - 01/23/23 06:13 AM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Yeah i thought of abondoning my grow log cause at first it seemed like all i get is "it just is and do what we tell you" explanations but pretty soon i saw some of you confused by the situation instead of thinking objectively. It made me feel like i owe you guys the pic's of the agar stuff ATLEAST. Still not sure if i have the energy to post the side by side  experiements that i promiced. :laugh: :laugh:
Im a bit busy at work cause stuff got delayed when i was sick.

--------------------

OfflineDERRAYLD
Constructus
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Africa
Trusted Cultivator
    #28153249 - 01/23/23 06:16 AM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Well that is ultimately your choice but you will continue to get backlash if you can't show the fruits of your labor.

Your general understanding of a sab and how to work in the sab are also questionable.

OfflineDERRAYLD
Constructus
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Africa
Trusted Cultivator
Re: SAB technique [Re: DERRAYLD] * 1
    #28153251 - 01/23/23 06:18 AM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Everything settles to the floor, work on the floor of the sab and you're going to bath in contamination.

OfflineSirPsycho
Purple Belt in Google-Fu

Trusted Cultivator
Re: SAB technique [Re: DERRAYLD] * 1
    #28153254 - 01/23/23 06:24 AM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Still waiting on that pic

--------------------
:pm:Ask me about free Ps tampanesis, Ps subtropicalis and Ps cubensis (ESS) prints:pm:

🅑🅞🅣🅣🅛🅔 🅖🅐🅝🅖

OfflineThugnar
Newbie in the stream
I'm a teapot

Re: SAB technique [Re: DERRAYLD]
    #28153259 - 01/23/23 06:27 AM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Quote:

DERRAYLD said:
Everything settles to the floor, work on the floor of the sab and you're going to bath in contamination.

Read the post/post's properly please.
As i said.. The control plate has been clean for 11 days. Made another one to use as a process tester. Meaning that i open it for 3-5 seconds like i would inocule it but without spores or myc. Still unclear of its cleanliness. Time will tell.

--------------------

Offlinedyel
Male User Gallery

Re: SAB technique [Re: Thugnar] * 1
    #28153266 - 01/23/23 06:35 AM (1 year, 3 months ago)

a soapy water towel at the bottom and a rack on top of it made miracles for me
:2cents:

Offlinehao
Last one standing
Re: SAB technique [Re: dyel]
    #28153288 - 01/23/23 06:52 AM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Quote:

dyel said:

Using the same
It's just perfect 😉

OfflineThugnar
Newbie in the stream
I'm a teapot

Re: SAB technique [Re: hao]
    #28153300 - 01/23/23 07:00 AM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Quote:

hao said:
Quote:

dyel said:

Using the same
It's just perfect 😉

I thought of this option when i was designing the current SAB. Lots of posts about the subject but still wanted to try this way at first. Even though the control plate seems to do fine, i'll propably use the towel & rack method next. I have some plastic coated garden screen that will do nicely.

--------------------

OfflineSirPsycho
Purple Belt in Google-Fu

Trusted Cultivator
    #28153303 - 01/23/23 07:08 AM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Bro stop being a tease and show me your plates

--------------------

🅑🅞🅣🅣🅛🅔 🅖🅐🅝🅖

OfflineThugnar
Newbie in the stream
I'm a teapot

Re: SAB technique [Re: SirPsycho]
    #28153307 - 01/23/23 07:10 AM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Quote:

SirPsycho said:
Bro stop being a tease and show me your plates

But i just came home! Cant i even have a wank and a cup of coffe first?! Sheez
Not long now darling.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract