Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisiblePsilostylin
Captain Save Em'
Loc: New Orleans!
a sad day in the life of psilostylin
    #2815282 - 06/21/04 10:35 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

well, it's official, God hates me. both of my casings have been infected with not one but TWO contaminants :mad: :frown: and i am bummin hardcore. the contaminants are...cobweb and green mold. i took 1 out of the chamber, removed all of, if not more, the contaminated area and buried it in my backyard. i'm not expecting any shrooms to grow or it to be succesful in anyway but i figured, "What the Hell?" if something pops up one day, then i'll dose on it, if not, who cares. anyway, the other casing only had a tiny bit of green mold visible, so i removed it. do you think the green mold is present throughout the whole mycelial network or just that area? also, in regards to the cobweb, could i just continue to pin the remaining casing or just toss it? is cobweb deadly in anway or could have negative effects if ingested? i assume so, but i'm desperate for good news. is there anyway to treat my casing or is it just fucked?

any replies are appreciated
peace and love :cool:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineQandA
wanderer

Re: a sad day in the life of psilostylin [Re: Psilostylin]
    #2815533 - 06/22/04 12:06 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Magash and others have had a great deal of success with adding salt to the wound left after digging out a contam. I would suggest you do that. As for cobweb mold, try to spray it down with an H202 mix, and see if that helps. Cobweb isn't deadly, themost I've ever heard of it giving is a mild stomach ache. Alot of times you still get pins with it present, although sometimes a little less. Hope this helps!  :laugh:

--------------------
I'm not crazy...crazy.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum