Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblezi1iz
informationsponge

Loc: Midwest
Mushroom Growing Co-op..............
    #2814952 - 06/21/04 06:16 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I was just wondering if anyone who grows gourmet mushrooms on the shroomery belongs to any kind of Co-op. I was just researching the pro's and con's of Co-op's in our industry.

thanks for any replies

peace

--------------------
Dodging and burning are steps to take care of mistakes God made in establishing tonal relationships.
Ansel Adams

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Mushroom Growing Co-op.............. [Re: zi1iz]
    #2821020 - 06/23/04 12:58 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

co-op? like two companies working together? i dont know exactly what u meant... i grow oysters, reishi, and shiitake, and sell them to local markets... if that is what your trying to say...

Invisiblezi1iz
informationsponge

Loc: Midwest
Re: Mushroom Growing Co-op.............. [Re: CptnGarden]
    #2821977 - 06/23/04 06:27 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

yeah 2 or more companies working together, as in one company works a bit more on the marketing and other company (or companies) works on cultivation. The producers would have pre-sold product with out having to market it. The producers would then ship product to another grower and get a % of the sell price -shipping. This could work in many ways, shipping excess inventory or all of your inventory to other locations with higher sale price and providing compensation for the "seller". And of course the "seller" wouldn't always be the same person unless the prices in that geographic area are higher than anywhere else....

I dunno just throwing out the idea was reading up on other kinds of co-ops and thought this might work with gourmet mushrooms.

end of ramble

peace

--------------------
Dodging and burning are steps to take care of mistakes God made in establishing tonal relationships.
Ansel Adams

Invisiblemah2b1
Researcher
 User Gallery

Loc: Mid-West, USA
Re: Mushroom Growing Co-op.............. [Re: zi1iz]
    #2830688 - 06/26/04 12:04 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

My produce guy tells me the co-ops are no good. This is coming from a man whose family had a shiitake farm with several thosand logs.

He claims that all the co-ops do is garuntee the sale of what ever mushrooms you can't sell at the market. However, you pay monthly or yearly dues to be a member
and therefore you are really just buying your own mushrooms back.

He says your best bet is to just dry what you don't sell fresh, because you will eventually find someone who will buy them from you. That way you save money and make alot more vs joining a co-op.

Unless you are tring to move extremly large quanities in a short period of time, then I would not join a co-op.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder