Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepoorphucker
Worthless Poster
 User Gallery

Loc: New Brunswick Canada
hempseed search = No matches *DELETED*
    #2814333 - 06/21/04 02:16 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by poorphucker

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: hempseed search = No matches [Re: poorphucker]
    #2814344 - 06/21/04 02:19 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Ive seen this topic brought up a few times. From what ive read it should be possible to use these as a substrate, the only problem ive heard on them is the cost and availability compared to things like rye berries and the such. Not as economical. I havent heard of anyone actually doing it though. Im thinking of a straight hemp seed tek.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Offlinepoorphucker
Worthless Poster
 User Gallery

Re: hempseed search = No matches *DELETED* [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #2814357 - 06/21/04 02:24 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #2814375 - 06/21/04 02:31 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Thats not a bad price. I get a 25 lb bag of rye berries for about $20-25 or so with shipping. And you also get the assurance of a set tek for it, but i think you could substitue hemp flour for brf or something of the equivlent without any problems.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
    #2815347 - 06/21/04 09:10 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

There're a couple of problems.  One is that hemp seed is expensive, as you mentioned.  The other is that hemp seed is very high in oils.  A hemp-flour substitution might work, but a whole-grain tek might have problems.  But by all means, give it a shot -- I'd like to see how ya do. :smile:

Also, you can generally get relatively large bags of hemp seed for pretty cheap anywhere that stocks seed for people who're really serious about their bird feeders.  Try feed and grain stores.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Offlinepoorphucker
Worthless Poster
 User Gallery

Re: hempseed search = No matches *DELETED* [Re: Sev]
    #2815527 - 06/21/04 10:05 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

#2815761 - 06/21/04 11:01 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

those smaller jars are good for quick colonizing and then spawning to bulk substrates...

hempseed is a good idea...they're real nutritious from what i hear and if people are using popcorn and working out good, i bet the smaller, highly nutritious hemp seeds would work real well.

keep us updated on that hemp flour batch! i'd like to see how it turns out.

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Edited by felix (06/21/04 11:08 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale