Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleCreonAntigone
Stranger

Minidose cannabis attempt
    #27887992 - 08/03/22 10:37 AM (1 year, 8 months ago)

I have certainly spent way too much time in the past taking too much marijuana on a regular basis - highly active doses every day, which just makes me doped out and not functional.

But I do notice that certain parts of my chronic pain get better after cannabis - it's just that, usually I've had too high a dose to be functional.

I want to try something which I didn't have the discipline to do before, which is to actually do regulated mini-dosing or microdosing of cannabis. This was hard in the past, first because I was too much of a fiend, second, because I had a hard time estimating the activity of my dose, as it would take several hours for the edible to hit so I didn't know how strong it was until it was all the way over.

I've determined I have a very strong sensitivity to cannabinoids such that even 5mg doses are quite active. 10-30mg doses, create rushes or waves of euphoria that make it hard to function, 50mg+, are psychedelic, but it can cause too much intense sensations and body load so I am not interested in doing high-dose cannabis for quite some time.

I think that doses of 1mg or below are the spot for me to feel something but not anything too intense. Some people here wouldn't even feel 1mg. I'm going to try it out and see how it goes. Last time I took 30mg, quite the difference - 30 times less of a dose, is certainly doing to be different.

My hope is that a dose of 1mg might be a repeatable dose (repeatable after the full dose is finished, so every 12-24hrs) without causing too much problems. Someone just recently posted a study about how potency of cannabis correlates to degree of side-effects. Going on that logic, keeping the potency very very low minimizes problems.

I have an RSO, which is very potent and thus hard to dose a small amount of - even a little grain has generally at least 5mg thc, since there is 780mg thc in a 10ml tube.

My plan is to make microdose brownies, starting with a 35mg section (half a ml of RSO), and dividing into 35 sections.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShiroiTora
LBM
I'm a teapot

Loc: South Africa Flag
Re: Minidose cannabis attempt [Re: CreonAntigone]
    #27896814 - 08/10/22 03:09 AM (1 year, 8 months ago)

I would like to see you go through with this experiment, I have been trying for a long time to get my relationship with cannabis to be more beneficial, as I am never quitting :cool:

Jokes aside there is a concept that might help you in your search, which is a saturation point. I have realized with caffeine(quitting for 4 months and then consciously trying to cultivate a beneficial relationship) that there is a point which satisfies most receptors, under which is dysphoric and above which leads to fiending. Caffeine is obviously easier to dose and titrate as it isn't affected by the first pass metabolism, but the same principles should still apply. If you want you could experiment with caffeine first to get a feel for the saturation point(without risking functionality like with cannabis). The general consensus is that this saturation point with caffeine is 400mg/day, but I find mine to be 200-250mg/day, likewise in general people say that point is 30mg/day for THC, but I suspect yours will be lower based on your reported sensitivity.

I hope this helps:rockon:

Edited by ShiroiTora (08/10/22 03:17 AM)

Offlineyoosername
Lab Member

Loc: Terra Fracta
Re: Minidose cannabis attempt [Re: ShiroiTora]
    #27896930 - 08/10/22 06:41 AM (1 year, 8 months ago)

I'd mix the RSO with some coconut oil and sunflower lecithin, from there you can dose it from a dropper vial, or add it to capsules.  The benefit to this is you can make it as strong or as weak as you want, and it is fairly simple to figure out dosages.

I think regular small amounts of THC like you plan on doing should be good for you, I recall seeing a study on rats who were treated with the same, and it was found to have neuroprotective properties, protecting the rats' brains against aging.

You might also want to experiment with adding other cannabinoids.  I wouldn't touch the synthetics, but CBD and CBG are both pretty affordable these days.  Fresh acid cannabinoids are getting a lot of interest right now as well, though they are less commonly available.

--------------------
O son of Kunti, I am the taste of water, the light of the sun and the moon, the syllable om in the Vedic mantras; I am the sound in ether and ability in man.

InvisibleCreonAntigone
Stranger

#28125052 - 01/04/23 09:27 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

I was not able to complete this experiment before because I lacked discipline. When I'd start using cannabis I'd quickly escalate my dose to much higher than a microdose. My relationship with it was too poor.

This time I want to commit to trying a microdose regimen for a time. In some sense it would be an accomplishment of moderation for me, to touch cannabis and use it very selectively and not abuse it. If I post about this here I can keep chart of my progress and the sensations.

Yesterday I smoked the last of what I had. And I won't buy any more! Today I began a microdose regimen, consisting of approximately .23mg THC a day. But there is a high CBD amount, 6.25mg cbd a day (an active dose). CBD does not cause for me the intense anxiety that THC does and even prevents it, so I don't think that's bad.

How I calculated that figure: In the future I'd like to make my own diluted cannabis oil for this, but to start I thought it'd be easier to use prepared products from a dispensary. I bought tablets from a strain that is a 1:27 ratio THC to CBD. Each package has 37mg thc between 40 tablets, amounting to .925mg THC per tablet. They have 25mg cbd per tablet. I broke the tablet in 4 to start with a very low dose, and began. Therefore the starting dose is .23mg THC a day.

Keep in mind when I was extensively abusing cannabis, I was using 100mg THC per day. The current dose, in terms of THC, is 434.78 times less than the dose I was using before (which was a very high dose).

Why am I using this at all? I have found that other remedies have helped my nausea and other issues, but no other drug has helped my depression like cannabis. However I was abusing it before. I want to see if an extremely moderate, sub-psychoactive dose can attain the benefits against depression without the drawbacks. Further a tiny dose of cannabis, used in an intentional way, may reduce my desire to use any more cannabis.

I may raise the dose to one tablet or one half-tablet, but only after  trying this at 1/4th a tablet for at least a week, like 2-4.

Edited by CreonAntigone (01/05/23 03:46 AM)

InvisibleCreonAntigone
Stranger

#28128865 - 01/07/23 06:29 AM (1 year, 3 months ago)

I tried it out for three days, .23mg THC per day with 6mg cbd per day. It wasn't working for me. Due to my sensitivity, it still felt a tiny bit like being dosed - like a minor version of what using cannabis in a macrodose was like. And I didn't want that. I'm sick of feeling dosed.

The experiment was not terrible, as it was true that the low dose did produce a subtle interesting change. But cannabis is no longer for me right now. My body I think has developed an aversion to it from mismanagement over the years. At the moment for me the ideal cannabis dose is 0. Tis a pity. I would've benefitted from trying something like this a year ago for sure. As it is now, I am focusing on other medicine.

Edited by CreonAntigone (01/07/23 06:29 AM)

OfflineEnjoil
I'm a teapot

#28129175 - 01/07/23 11:37 AM (1 year, 3 months ago)

The thing with weed is that your tolerance builds up….

If you haven’t been smoking regularly then a couple puffs off a joint will get you high as hell.  Maybe even that uncomfortable paranoid high.

But if you have a little tolerance buildup it makes it way nicer and less intense.

I used to only smoke every two weeks but I would sit down on my balcony and smoke two fat bowls out of a pipe. I would get so silly stupid high.

But if you smoke everyday multiple times a day you can never get that high no matter how much you smoke…

I hope you find what works best for you.

InvisibleCreonAntigone
Stranger

Re: Minidose cannabis attempt [Re: Enjoil]
    #28129841 - 01/07/23 08:22 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Enjoil said:
But if you have a little tolerance buildup it makes it way nicer and less intense.

....But if you smoke everyday multiple times a day you can never get that high no matter how much you smoke…

It was so weird. For me smoking was like that, but not edibles. It almost felt like I lacked a crucial gene necessary to build cannabis tolerance for edibles. I could do the same amount for a week and it'd be about the same strength. I tested it a while ago, I did 25mg for 3 days in a row. And bizarrely, I found that it was stronger the second and third day - maybe even strongest the third day.

You may think that's good, but it's not. Because if cannabis acts like it does without tolerance every time, it is prone to cause a lot of anxiety. One can't really 'get used to' it. It felt like my responses were sensitized and it was feeling stronger over time, which meant I couldn't use it consistently. I wished to use it as medicine, but I never could.

It is possible that my body reacted to it weird because I was prone to push the limits of it in the past and use it too much. I'm taking a break for at least 3 months. And to drink a lot less too, and to have more kombucha. There is much more to life than cannabis.

OfflineEnjoil
I'm a teapot

#28130066 - 01/08/23 01:05 AM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Quote:

CreonAntigone said:
Quote:

Enjoil said:

....But if you smoke everyday multiple times a day you can never get that high no matter how much you smoke…

It was so weird. For me smoking was like that, but not edibles. It almost felt like I lacked a crucial gene necessary to build cannabis tolerance for edibles. I could do the same amount for a week and it'd be about the same strength. I tested it a while ago, I did 25mg for 3 days in a row. And bizarrely, I found that it was stronger the second and third day - maybe even strongest the third day.

You may think that's good, but it's not. Because if cannabis acts like it does without tolerance every time, it is prone to cause a lot of anxiety. One can't really 'get used to' it. It felt like my responses were sensitized and it was feeling stronger over time, which meant I couldn't use it consistently. I wished to use it as medicine, but I never could.

It is possible that my body reacted to it weird because I was prone to push the limits of it in the past and use it too much. I'm taking a break for at least 3 months. And to drink a lot less too, and to have more kombucha. There is much more to life than cannabis.

See, I can’t feel edibles until it gets around the 1000mg range. I smoke way too much weed and rip dabs all day most day. Recently I’ve been just smoking twax joints and trying to dab less…
I love weed and my it’s always been there for me.

Maybe you should smoke more if the edibles hit you to hard. Then once you have a little tolerance built up you can try an edible again…. Idk.
Mushrooms freak me out way more than bud! Lol.
I love them also.
I might not be the best influence.

Edited by Enjoil (01/08/23 04:13 PM)

InvisibleCreonAntigone
Stranger

#28130114 - 01/08/23 03:05 AM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Enjoil said:
Maybe you should smoke more of the edibles hit you to hard. Then once you have a little tolerance built up you can try an edible again…. Idk.

Tried this actually and it didn't work. Once, some months ago, I smoked until I reached peak tolerance then tried an edible. The edible was still too strong.

It's something maybe to do with my stomach, I digest slowly and have had digestion issues all my life so I think that supercharges edibles, since the drug is activated in the stomach. For me, I can find them getting stronger even 4-8 hours after taking them, whereas most are done processing them by two at least. And for me they can last 18-24 if the dose is high.

So this creates a bad cycle, I use an edible, it's too strong and it shows for a long while, for the whole day. By the time I get to the next day I'm still sensitive from the last time I used it and barely recovering from it, so it hurts to use another use. I can't get a rhythm.

It's been like this a while, and the only edible doses that don't cause pain when I'm using them without a lot of tolerance are sub 2mg.

I'm just tired of playing the game where I take an edible and don't anticipate bad outcomes, because I've been through it too many times before. Maybe one day they'll be for me again, but not right now.

I also found that the memory issues they caused could create a bad cycle - an edible would hit too strong and I'd forget soon after just how bad it was, and then it'd get bad again if I took it and the next day and I'd remember. It was a bad cycle. I did learn things about the universe, but I don't recommend it. However I expect most people would not experience this since they'd level out much more quickly then I would. I was certainly addicted to them for a time - it was a strange addiction, because at times it'd seem to help, at other times it'd seem to create a weird horror show. But all bad drug habits turn into that eventually no matter the drug.

My stomach is just never calm. And so, perhaps, edibles, which are a drug processed by the stomach, could never be calm for me. They could not be medicine for me.

OfflineEnjoil
I'm a teapot

#28130983 - 01/08/23 04:19 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Maybe you can make a tincture for sublingual administration? 
That might help get around the stomach issues?

My bad that last message had a typo that made it off. I fixed it.

Lots of people are really digging high cbd stuff, have you tried anything like that?

InvisibleCreonAntigone
Stranger

#28131092 - 01/08/23 05:50 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Enjoil said:
Maybe you can make a tincture for sublingual administration? 
That might help get around the stomach issues?

My bad that last message had a typo that made it off. I fixed it.

Lots of people are really digging high cbd stuff, have you tried anything like that?

Sublingual definitely feels different for me. An alcohol based tincture - that does work. I have to spit it out and not consume it so it doesn't have the effect oral cannabis does.

If I try cannabis against after my 3-month break, that's probably what I'll try first.

CBD helps me but due to my sensitivity I react to a small amount of THC in those '27-to-1' type stuff.

OfflineAbombs
Chaotic Neutral
Male User Gallery

#28142528 - 01/16/23 09:16 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

I've struggled with substance use forever. Last year I was extra fiendy with canabis. But I had time periods I refused to smoke. Now I i micro dose relatively speaking for a chronic user.
After this fiend period came a sober period lasting about 7 months  with therapy  addiction counseling and antidepressants. But either I failed the program or the program failed me dunno. I was anxious all the time I already have social anxiety but it was elevated to unbearable levels.

Now I smoke a joint 1 or 2 times per day (usually morning and night) but I also take a toke on a THC vape cartridge every couple hours.

My tolerance is such that I don't really get impaired from the vape hits. But I get nicely sedated by the joints.

So I am smoking all day.

I am now off my anti depressants. Painkillers
And the anxiety is manageable and I feel better than I have in a long time.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale