Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineiLuvMooshrooms
Stranger
Grow kits
    #28141516 - 01/15/23 04:21 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

So I want to grow some pan cyans and I’m looking for a kit that already has the spores in the substrate and all I have to do is open it up and spray water in the bag. The reason I want this is because I don’t have a sterile environment to work in and I figured it would be safer that way. I also want to grow magic truffles. I was wondering if those are legal and if I should trust the sites online. I live in the United States. Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Grow kits (moved) [Re: iLuvMooshrooms]
    #28142035 - 01/15/23 09:07 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

This thread was moved from The Psychedelic Experience.

Reason:
Proper forum here :mushroomgrow:

InvisibleLucifer944
Stranger

Re: Grow kits (moved) [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 2
    #28142059 - 01/15/23 09:30 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Oh boy, don't buy a grow kit. Have you grown any mushrooms before? If not, I would recommend trying cubes with PF Tek. You don't need a pressure cooker/canner and just need to be clean.

As always, go here: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24420178

I have never grown panaeolus cyanescens so I can't say much. From what I've seen it is a step up from cubes and is more hands on. You would want to start on agar which doesn't sound like you want to go there.

OfflineExcess Taters
Highentist
 User Gallery

Re: Grow kits (moved) [Re: Lucifer944] * 1
    #28142073 - 01/15/23 10:03 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Pans are harder to grow and require poo.

Cubes are easy to grow and all you really need is grain + coir.

It's hard to do this stuff right, I'd suggest growing cubes every other week for a few months, then attempt pans if I felt confident.  There are less variables when working with cubes, which makes it easier to successfully pull off a grow.

Once you've been informed by that experience, you'll have an easier time determining where things got contaminated.  I recently had 7 bacterial jars due to no prep (unhulled) millet not working out for me.  I used that same sslc on flash prepped wbs and they're all clean.

So I'd say level up before you try to fight the end boss.  You're better off getting some successful cube grows off, learning how to grow from that, and then after you've succeeded, grow some pans. 

If you are deadset on pans, mycophilia on YouTube has some videos on "poo cakes", and you can learn a bit there.  Alternatively there's a thread called "Ef Tek", which is a version of pf Tek that works with pans.  That's probably the easiest way to grow them.

--------------------
If you've never grown mushrooms before, here's how you start.  First, follow the Updated PF Tek, put 4 holes in jar lids not 1, and use a water tub! 
The next move is Shoebox Tek. After that you move onto grains, agar, monotubs.  Agar is easy, just do it.
Other useful links - Picture guide for how things should look and proper surface conditions guide
Growing APE or PE?  P9 pseudo casing tek

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate