Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinematt66
Loc: Connecticut
Drug suggestions- looking for something new
    #2813358 - 06/21/04 07:40 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I'm wondering if I'm missing out on anything cool. a fellow shroomer turned me on to the idea of making absinthe, something I just wouldn't have thought to try on my own. I've heard mixed reports about salvia extract, but the possibility for a freakish experience turned me off. So is there anything else out there I can either produce/grow/buy from a shaman shop/etc. that's worth a go? As far as I know, all these "legal herbs" out there are probably a bunch of bulshit and I'm better off just sticking to shrroms and weed, but I was just curious.

thanks,
matt

--------------------
Truth is the daughter of time, time doesn't exist...
Truth cannot exist within the human convention of time- The Goat Hath Spoken

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: Drug suggestions- looking for something new [Re: matt66]
    #2813437 - 06/21/04 08:43 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

ayahuscua
research chemicals
san pedro

do searches here and google and you'll find all you need to know about the aforementioned :stoned:

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#2813452 - 06/21/04 08:50 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

liquid extract of salvia is mild enough that you can easily compare it to shroom. you could make a kind of absinthe with it as well. - a bit wasteful though, but a healthful tonic as well (it is strangely healthful feeling for days afterwards vs. the debilitation from most entheogens).

I made several cups of salvia tea whcih was nice -very mild, reserved the leaves and redried them - then extracted the used tea leaves for an extremely potent resin that I have smeared onto cigarette paper which I cut into tiny strips (one toke wonders).

(Some of the tea was used to alleviate stomache discomfort after sugery for my daughter but she did not take enough for psychedellic effects)

you would find smoking the extract on cig-paper a bit much though. the 10 cups of tea from 2 ounces of salvia leaf produced a gentle eyecandy level for 20 minutes each. the extract from the old tea leaves, however, produced enough for 60 sessions 6 minutes each that are much stronger - full blown time travel etc.

Offlinematt66
Re: Drug suggestions- looking for something new [Re: John]
    #2813657 - 06/21/04 10:45 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

ayahuscua- I think I may have read about that. Some kind of Mexican vine extract maybe?? Involved in ancient shaman rituals, but I could be totally mistaken.

thanks,
matt

--------------------

OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

Loc: Passing through the bulk Flag
    #2813776 - 06/21/04 11:14 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

It's DMT in ayahuasca, among other things, that makes you trip. I'll try to find some links for you. I want to try it too, it sounds amazing... :mushroom2:

Edit:

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/ayahuasca/ayahuasca.shtml
http://www.ayahuasca.com/cgi-bin/index.pl

and maybe this one, it's not ayahuasca but strickly DMT related stuff
http://dmt.lycaeum.org/dmt/p2/phpBB2/

I haven't checked out the last one too much, but i'm sure all are great sources of info.

Edited by Hrethic (06/21/04 11:16 AM)

OfflineTheKid04
the man on themoon
    #2813867 - 06/21/04 11:50 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

www.blissherbs.com its a wonderful site and has lots of diffrent legal highs that work and are wonderful.

--------------------
if you dont like what you are eating...simply dont eat it

Offlinematt66
Re: Drug suggestions- looking for something new [Re: Hrethic]
    #2814545 - 06/21/04 03:40 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I've heard conflicting reports about DMT. A lot of people think it's just way too scary, and that it just really fucks with you, without giving you the pleasant insights and understanding of shrooms. But I'm sure it treats each user differently.

--------------------

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #2814686 - 06/21/04 04:37 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I wouldn't dismiss salvia extract based on the possibility of a freakish experience, it could turn out to be the most rewarding as well. I personally never had any bad trips off salvia, it never ceases to amaze me  :thumbup:

Offlinekilgore_trout
Stranger
    #2814694 - 06/21/04 04:41 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

opium poppies and san ped are good and super easy.

Invisiblethepodman
Pod King

Loc: Pod Nightmare
Re: Drug suggestions- looking for something new [Re: kilgore_trout]
    #2815017 - 06/21/04 06:36 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

What have you done already? Also, would you want to grow something, extract something, or just buy something?

If you want a nice mellow buzz I'd suggest Wild Dagga flowers.
If you want to trip, there are many options.
Have you tried nitrous oxide yet?

--------------------
www.drugpolicyalliance.org
"Hey daddy, president Bush tried marijuana, I think I will."

OfflineSillyWilly
    #2815263 - 06/21/04 08:23 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

DMT it a very strong psychoactive chemical. It is one of those drugs that is not really meant to be used recreationally but rather as a "tool to contact the spirits" However, many people do hold a high recreational value behind it. Its quite easy to obtain the roon via internet and the extraction process isnt that hard. There is a forum just like this one that sourrounds all around DMT....I suggest becoming a member of it if you ever decide to wander in that territory. The name skips my mind but Im sure it can be easily found if you look.

OfflineDEATH666
Adonal
 User Gallery

Re: Drug suggestions- looking for something new [Re: SillyWilly]
    #2815387 - 06/21/04 09:25 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Drink some Absinthe.

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: Drug suggestions- looking for something new [Re: SillyWilly]
    #2815725 - 06/21/04 10:52 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

As a note, the experience of smoked DMT is completely different from the experience of imbibed DMT in an ayahuasca brew.

The Ayahuasca last longer and is more like a standard mushroom or LSD trip. I heartily recommend it.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

OfflineJuggler
The Pothead ofAll Time.

Loc: East Coast
    #2817354 - 06/22/04 02:03 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, I am thinking about trying absinthe myself for something new.

Offlinebeatlebangboy
Absinthe-ian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bum Fuck Florida
Re: Drug suggestions- looking for something new [Re: Juggler]
    #2819147 - 06/22/04 09:57 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

How about a hypnotic.....KAVA. Just get the pure extract caps. And triple or quadruple the recommended dosage. And by the way, Absinthe is the shit!!!! Best damn drink in the world.

--------------------
Check out my tunes. You will be better off for it.
www.myspace.com/beatlebangboy

OfflineEvent_Horizon
the ganja man

Re: Drug suggestions- looking for something new [Re: beatlebangboy]
    #2820210 - 06/23/04 08:28 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

smoke opium :laugh:

hard to find, don't do it often tho

OfflineJaRRn
Lost in Space
Male User Gallery

Loc: Standing on the Cosmic Sh...
Re: Drug suggestions- looking for something new [Re: Event_Horizon]
    #2820217 - 06/23/04 08:34 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Smoke Cane toad - skin.

Offlinematt66
Re: Drug suggestions- looking for something new [Re: thepodman]
    #2820273 - 06/23/04 09:14 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I've done shrooms, opium, nitrous, and I tried smoking salvia leaves, but got nothing from it (even taking massive bong loads back to back). As soon as I get settled into my new place I'm going to get an absinthe kit.

As far as growing vs. buying, etc., I don't really care one way or the other. I love growing shrooms and would be happy to try something else that requires a patient growing process, but hey, if you can buy it or produce it in a snap, I've got nothing against that. But back to the salvia, what should I be looking for (the 5x extract, the 10x, the liquid, or what?). As I said, the leaves were a waste of 30$. I'm looking for anything, from mild to quite intense. I'm a little afraid of the DMT, and might hold off on that until I'm a bit more experienced with tripping.

Isn't san pedro mescaline? I'd love to try mescaline, peyote, or something comprable to either, but is there any way (besides a street dealer), I could get either without waiting 15 years for it to mature? Also, I'm a little ambivalent about any "legal" highs as the salvia leaves were a big dissapointment (I know, try the extract).

KAVA- I took a pill or two of KAVA one time and it had a nice soothing effect, but it could have just been the placebo effect. How many milligrams should I take to get something I can really feel? I'd like to find out more about it. Can I just get the kind they sell at the pharmacy in the vitamin and supplement section, or do I have to get some special kind online or something?

I don't drink coffee or smoke cigarettes, and until I can start growing my own mj (soon, I hope), I'd like an "everyday" drug which kinda relaxes you, helps you concentrate, and most of all, gives you patience (to add to that list, creativity is the #1 thing I seek in a drug, but something that can make me patient and relaxed (like pot does so well) would be ideal, as patience is all I really need to improve my drawing and guitar playing). I'm a bit skeptical of the whole "natural concentration enhancing" vitamins etc., so I'd appreciate a suggestion that is actually known to work (from firsthand experience, hopefully).

How about morning glory? I planted some seeds, but they never sprouted. I'm willing to try again- what kind do I look for? Is there any kinds where you can just eat the raw seeds and get a little fucked up?

thanks for all the advice,
matt

--------------------

OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
    #2820372 - 06/23/04 09:52 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Do you have any salvia leaves left over? I'm a big fan of the salvia extraction after I read how easy it was. You soak leaves in acetone or alcohol for awhile (a day for acetone, 3+ for alcohol)... you poor the liquid out, soak one more time in acetone to get everything, then evaporate both extracts into a dish and scrape, and smoke...

San pedro is amazing, but I personaly am more into the growing mind set than eatting when it comes to them. You take 3 tiny little stumps, 2 1/2 - 3 years later you either have 3 hits to be social with, or, you have 6 cactuses now to grow. If you just begin collecting now, You'll have enough forever later.

I'm going to try kratom soon as an MJ replacement, it seems genuine. I'll get back to you on that... I hear wild dagga flowers are intresting to smoke. Morning glories suck. Hawaiian baby woodrose, or rivea corymbosa are the way to go if you want that path.. I've also read great things about B. Caapi. Do alot of reading on erowid, the search engine here, etc. Cause theres reports for ALL of these.

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
Re: Drug suggestions- looking for something new [Re: HarveyWalbanger]
    #2822160 - 06/23/04 07:36 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

erowid says morning glories are pretty good.
:smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules