Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedubt
Tao Teh Shroom

Loc: Florida
Threshold Trip with Friends or Solo?
    #2812845 - 06/21/04 02:28 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I have approx. 2-2.5 gms of very nice cubes and would like to share them with 1 or two other people in a tea or something, possibly bring some good salvia in the mix. I have never done a dose that low and before and was wondering from any of your guys' experience if it is worth it. I realy don't want to go on a hunt since I am in south FLA so all the nice shit is far away :mad:. Your opinions are greatly appreciated.

--------------------
I'ts all a fucking lie! Everything written by me is fictional. I don't even exist!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRedo
CTA

Re: Threshold Trip with Friends or Solo? [Re: dubt]
    #2812923 - 06/21/04 03:04 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

If thats all I had, I would just do it alone, splitting up 2.5 between two people should make you feel good, but splitting between three people may not make you feel different at all.

OnlineAsanteA
light your candle on my love
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
    #2813202 - 06/21/04 07:01 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

SHARE! SHARE! SHARE!

You should absolutely go for sharing it with your friends. If you indeed have "very nice cubies" and also use roughly once a month or so thereisnt much tolerance in effect and you will most definately feel quite something.

Very nice cubies usually contain 0.6-1.2% Psilocybin equiv./dry weight and what i call very nice would be ~0.8% or over. Since you've got 2-2.5gr of them there are 12-30mg (~18mg) to work with.
I'll drop the dose and throw in group dynamics.

If you are going solo, that speaks for itself. You fill the entire session, you'll have total freedom but also "on your own" should the going get rough. I don't endorse going solo on high doses for anyone. A solo tripper is like the sun: shining with great radiance but all it casts outward except for energies spent falls back onto itself. Humans are social animals, Great Apes belonging in a family-group like situation like you see with Gorillas. Our psychologies are set to lean on others in times of positive or negative need. Giant leaps forward (insight/breakthrough) and giant leaps backward (outbreak of psychological problems) occur most frequently when somebody is cast upon himself during intense experiences.

If there are two of you there is one communication link. You can have very deep experiences and share them but there is a great -push- because you're not solo and not in a group. There is very high amplification of signals bouncing off eachother, excellent for working Magic but there is an enhanced risk of unpleasant psychedelic or social experiences. Its probable at least one wants to talk at some point while the other doesnt.
In no trip "group" the choice of teammate is that important as in a two-tripper team. There is a great difference between a team of lovers or a team of friends in terms of psychedelic content.

If there are three people in the team you get a highly favorable situation. You have one communication link but because there are three trippers the direct push is off so one of them either can witness the communication, sit inert or take some time for himself in isolation. Amplification is high, but seldom as involuntary as it can be in solotrips or in teams of two. Three is an actual group and with a fixed team over several sessions usually this leads to formation of a "cult" or the onset of Coven experiences. On the one hand there is a slight thus desirable shallowing which takes away the "push" and on the other hand there is safety in numbers.
A group of three is the ideal trip group size so if you're at a gathering with a whole bunch of friends or head for the forest its best to pitch multiple campfires for groups of three, each some 50ft apart, with all who desire to uniting to form a large group upon descent.
If the going gets rough, two people can relatively easily restrain a third from dangerous acts, such as wanting to drive while denying fullblown psychedelic effects as happens in frantic breakthrough avoidance.
In a group of three somebody will step forward as the leader/protector and be decisive but with close friends this will be very desirable.

In a group of three you have three friendship ties (A+B, B+C, C+A) which tends to confidentiality. If you add a fourth member however the number of friendship ties doubles (A+B, A+C, A+D, B+C, B+D, C+D) which marks a turning point to a group experience which tends to be less personal.

In a group of four the true "group" issues may arise. There are two communication links and so there often is lively debate. If one opts for isolation another sits awkward. You tend to get hierarchy effects which unfortunately often leads to one of them, feeling (or being) left out. The cult effect now can become seperatist and aloof because there is a great group awareness.
Unless all 6 friendship ties that exist between 4 people are well-forged a reluctance to disclose personal matters will start to emerge. If the 6 ties are well-forged however, which is rare, covening effects will double the spiritual resonance of a three tripper group because the number of friendship ties doubles.

Back on-topic! You can go solo on a known dose, but I'd rather see you split lesser amounts. Many people whine (it is whining :grin:) that lower doses are "not enough". Indeed its a shift from the art of conducting high voltage to more actively making the best of what you've got. If you got a lower dose in this case you'll have more folks in the session, so something is gained either way.

Since you've got 2-2.5gr its important to grind them up and mix them so you'll have equal doses. One mushroom can be strong while the other is weak. Dont make it into a tea, AFAIC taking the ground mushrooms with citric acid solution (7up/Sprite) or clear fruit juice gives the best dose-response. Fast at least 3 hours before imbiding staving off hunger with very modest amounts of sugar (said sodas or juices) for maximum efficiency.

Two persons will have 1-1.25gr cubies each. This contains (given good cubies, no tolerance, average response) a meditative to strong response (6-14mg ~9mg) which ought to be rich enough for said persons. 
A Tripreport from Shulgin's TiHKAL:
(with 10 mg, orally) "Approximately forty minutes after the start, there was a flutter and a very high, stimulated feeling, and gradually things began to move very rapidly. It was astounding. When I closed my eyes I saw so many fantastically beautiful patterns, textures, colors. Everywhere I looked, eyes open, the colors were brilliant. The house looked absolutely gorgeous and nature was simply spectacular. It was a little frightening, almost too exciting, after the gentleness of other substances. I could not believe that I was doing it, and that I had the power within myself to see such beauty. I don't know how long this went on but the motion was so rapid that I felt a sort of motion sickness. Then I became quite nauseated and remained nauseated the rest of the day, until things quieted down in the evening, and then I felt absolutely wonderful."

With three there is some 0.67-0.8gr cubies to each. Given good cubies, no tolerance and average response this will put you on 4-10mg ~6mg apiece. There is still a possibility of a grand effect but you will likely end up in the Second Order of Magnitude (4-8mg) which is the meditative ratio. Your response might wear a little thin when approaching the First Order of Magnitude (2-4mg) at the bottom but if all is in place the average six miligrams ought to be ample for a not overwhelming but nontheless quite interesting evening.

The mushroom will -add- to your experience and not -become- it, which requires an entirely different mindset.
For me (275lbs, veteran) 0.5gr containing ~6mg never even comes close to disappointment. Its the shift from being high on high doses to actively working (almost like meditation eek! yikes!) with a lesser amount.. which by the end of the day still is an active dose of 4-hydroxy-DMT entering the true Miracle of the Universe: your brain, personality and identity.
A Tripreport from Shulgin's TiHKAL:
(with 6.6 mg phosphate ester = Psilocybin, orally) "Something has started but I decide to join in a full dinner anyway. The effects develop right through the meal, with some hints of animal faces in the pork-chop bones. No movement, nothing flows, but it probably wouldn't take much effort. Another hour and I am dropping off already. The food? Somehow I doubt it. I would be completely unable to tell this from, say, 80 milligrams of MDMA (= Ecstasy) except that I had a good appetite."

As you see there is no reason to shun the lower dose ranges if you go about it right. Please download the following books. They are encyclopedias of just about all psychedelics that exist on this world, how they are made, dosed, what their effects are and how long they last. These are among the most important books of the 20th century, containing well over 100 active psychedelics described by their inventor.

This is TiHKAL by Alexander Shulgin

This is PiHKAL by Alexander Shulgin

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

Offlinedubt
Tao Teh Shroom

Loc: Florida
Re: Threshold Trip with Friends or Solo? [Re: Asante]
    #2813888 - 06/21/04 01:57 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

5 shrooms for you Wiccan! That was such a great answer, I wish I asked a question worth such a lengthy reply. You helped me out more than I could have ever expected. Thanks again.

--------------------
I'ts all a fucking lie! Everything written by me is fictional. I don't even exist!

OfflineRedo
CTA

#2814413 - 06/21/04 04:45 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I still say do it on your own.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience