Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous #1

Advice sought: changing outlook on life after shrooms
    #28120147 - 01/01/23 02:56 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Hope this is the right sub forum.

I've noticed after the last couple trips I've had, I am struck by the abstract nature of life and find myself asking questions such as 'who am I?'. I feel generally a little disconnected, frankly, from life and the everyday concerns of other people and at least slightly unconcerned about the prospect of death.

I find this on the one hand liberating and on the other concerning - I wish to use this space and openness to discover who I am and the best way to live and find I'm more open, creative and self-aware now than ever before, but at the same time this feeling of disconnection and abstraction seems to pull me away from the life I've known; all those little worries I was once concerned with.

Has anyone else felt like this? How do you deal with these thoughts and feelings? What might happen if I take a stronger dose?

To give you some background, I'm a professional in a caring industry and I still work regularly. I'm also a full time student and excell on my course. I feel generally happy (although more sad of late as a result of a breakup) and have good family and friends. I'm not a 'crazy' guy, but then what even does that mean these days... I've tripped a handful of times on shrooms up to 1.5g (liberty caps) and have never had a bad trip.

Thanks in advance and happy new year!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblevandago
 User Gallery

Loc: .
Re: Advice sought: changing outlook on life after shrooms [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #28120662 - 01/02/23 12:10 AM (1 year, 3 months ago)

I spent a good 6 months in this phase. I believe it to be common. Back in 2005 I was eating panaealeous cinctulous every weekend, upwards of 10.5 grams ( I had the same thought process, do an even larger dose to “achieve” this new found wall of death I hit ) it made things worse. I believe when we hit these mental walls which will soon become growth, that we as humans keep up with the pace of a modern world, and forget to reflect at a pace of nature.

Long story short, keep reflecting on the experience and who you were, and visualize the coming experiences and who you are going to be. Death is inevitable, so dance with it and embrace it, for it will be a release.

OfflineBelmondawg
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Advice sought: changing outlook on life after shrooms [Re: vandago]
    #28121364 - 01/02/23 03:21 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

As explained above: that's normal and will go away eventually (provided that you slow down with trips). Psychedelics don't just reveal things when you're on them, they "stay" with you for a while, facilitating your attempts to understand life aspects. You can use it however you please (I think artists benefit from it most explicitly as they can actually give it a form and put it on display). It's things like a singular thought navigating itself towards the right direction without any help of yours. Like your mind would get calibrated and started working like it is supposed to, not like we imagined it to. Hence the confusion, feeling a bit lost and out of place... because you are out of place: you have been living your life forcing it to bend towards people's expectations, your expectations, whatever it may have been it is not a good fit for human nature.
You should peacefully welcome this fading companion, let it show you around and say goodbye when it leaves. This is how you know it is safe to take another trip but very often people don't feel the need to. If you don't let it wear off naturally and keep tripping you basically enhance the echoes of several voices at the same time which is sometimes overwhelming. Don't worry about how it makes you feel, you just let some air inside of you. I like to think of it as a regained freshness which simply expires after some time. Enjoy it, but I wouldn't advise to share your thoughts with other people. If they don't know what mushrooms do to you they will simply think you are weird. If they do know, however, it does not mean they will understand your point of view anyway, as it may be inaccessible for them because of the frames of reference which are unique to you and nobody else. All the best!

Offlineasterix
L7
    #28125523 - 01/05/23 09:54 AM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Advice sought?

Maybe check out some of Ram Dass's work, he followed this thing all the way down the rabbit hole.

Here is something to start with...

Psychedelics and enlightenment

Here we all are

Otherwise, start checking out Buddhism.  You may find that it somehow makes sense now when before it didn't.

It might still be possible to forget about the whole thing too, if that's what you want, I know people who did that.  Just tell yourself it's all nonsense.  It's just 'drugs'. 

Never do psychedelics again, drink alcohol instead, invest in the markets and obsess over those numbers on the TV screen day and night. Cheer for a sports team.  Watch the mainstream media 'news'.

Edited by asterix (01/05/23 10:02 AM)

Invisibledurian_2008
Cornucopian Eating an Elephant
 User Gallery

Loc: Raccoon City
    #28141695 - 01/15/23 06:12 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

I would say that certain likes, dislikes, personality and physical traits are part of your core identity. Very few people in the rat races are questioning what is compatible. It's a revelation that you might work on, before dissociating again.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies