Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
"Mark as Edited?"
    #2811038 - 06/20/04 11:18 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Just out of curiousity, I was wondering why, when you edit posts, the "mark as edited" isn't availiable for some posts and it is for others. Thanks in advance! :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: "Mark as Edited?" [Re: Le_Canard]
    #2811108 - 06/20/04 11:57 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Because weasels were going back and editing posts when called on claims and then denying having done so.

It supposedly is now no longer an option to do so on posts that have been replied to, and for posts more than a few minutes old.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
Re: "Mark as Edited?" [Re: Le_Canard]
    #2811150 - 06/20/04 12:28 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Yes. It was an accident that the option appeared again, and so it was removed again. We've had some members changing their post history, and then denying it, which has been the source of all sorts of drama, so we have corrected the situation...

As for why some posts still have the option, I would imagine that the reason is along the lines of what luvdem said above...

Enjoy The Shroomery -- Now, With Flavorite? Crystals & 17% Less Drama! :laugh:

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: "Mark as Edited?" [Re: Papaver]
    #2811187 - 06/20/04 12:45 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I can show you how to cut at least 10% more of the drama.

:wink:

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: "Mark as Edited?" [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2811195 - 06/20/04 12:49 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

> for posts more than a few minutes old.

Exactly 5 minutes time to be able to decide to not mark your post as edited.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: "Mark as Edited?" [Re: Anno]
    #2811269 - 06/20/04 01:22 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the clarification. Why though, is the option available at all?

--------------------

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #2811297 - 06/20/04 01:40 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

If you write something, and then notice a spelling error, you have 5 minutes to correct it without showing everyone that you suck at spelling :wink:

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

#2811316 - 06/20/04 01:54 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, the five minute window is a good one. I often don't really see my own spelling mistakes until I see the final post in the thread...

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2811369 - 06/20/04 02:47 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Anno said:
If you write something, and then notice a spelling error, you have 5 minutes to correct it without showing everyone that you suck at spelling :wink:

That would be all well and good but you aren't obligated to say why you edited the post.

Nice try though.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: "Mark as Edited?" [Re: Papaver]
    #2811371 - 06/20/04 02:48 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Two words: Check Spelling.

--------------------

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands Flag
    #2811419 - 06/20/04 03:28 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

That would be all well and good but you aren't obligated to say why you edited the post.

Nice try though.

I don't think Anno was 'trying' to explain anything. Our efforts to balance various interests led to the current system. The reason he gave is correct, so you have your answer.

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

#2811464 - 06/20/04 03:54 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

One word: Smirklez :smirk:

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: "Mark as Edited?" [Re: ]
    #2811465 - 06/20/04 03:55 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

First... I was just razzing him

Second... since it's all about me, do it my way!

:yesnod:

--------------------

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands Flag
    #2811506 - 06/20/04 04:33 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Heh hard to tell sometimes... people go on crusades about some random shit.

anywya i presonally, think its' good to encurage pepole to fix there mistakews since ti makes for much easeir reeding.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: "Mark as Edited?" [Re: ]
    #2811510 - 06/20/04 04:37 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

ryte, eye sea whut u meen.

But eye b edumicated sew eye dunt kneed tu fixx nuttin.

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
    #2811549 - 06/20/04 04:57 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

BANBANBAN!

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Jump to top Pages: 1