Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation >> Mushroom Cultivation Archive >> Grow Logs

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Grateful Dead, Humidity Meter, Hygrometer, Perlite, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinetps
ganja ghanstah
 User Gallery

Psilocybe cubensis "B", "Malabar" and "Creeper" PF-Tek
    #2811528 - 06/20/04 06:47 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Welp, its summer again...
so my pet fish started again, and thanks to one of the vendors here, it aquired 3 syringes...
B+, Malabar, and Creepers! w00t!
so....
7 B+, 10 Malabar, 7 Creepers

didnt take pics of the injections and stuff just the after... [did this like 10minutes ago]
heres the first pictures:

nothing special yet  :grin: but give it time and i will give updates :P

update: july 5th

alright, i have started the incubation process for a bit, and have taken them out for some pics... the stats are as following...
21/24 have growth. one jar is skeptical in terms of bacteria. other 3 no growth
My 'setup' involves a heating pad from kmart (about $5) inside the plastic bin, with a lil prop holding it about 6 inches from the heating pad... then 12 jars ontop of 12 jars.... i have included the pics below.. hopefully ill be able to birth these within a week/week & a half...

now for the pics :P

- my little bubbler that a coworker got for me in the bahamas :smile: has lil shroomies on the bottom, donno if you can see em..

and this is the bin that im keeping them in with the heating pad..

Friday, July 09, 2004
No pics, but a quick update, i just picked up a temperature/humidity guage today, and WOW. i didnt know my room was this hot. the room was around 90F which scared me  because i knew the bin was hotter. so i immediately shut off the heating pad which was on level one, and the heat in the bin is around 92F, im gonna see if i can cool it a bit more, maybe put a fan or something near it, but when the heating pad was on level 2, im sure it was way too hot. The mycellenium did slow down a bit, so this seems to be the problem of that, hopefully the jars will make a full recovery in this ~90F heat.

update!: july 14th 2004
Progress going MUCH slower than expected. Due to the fluctuating temperature's the growth has slowed down some. It remained at 75F after i got my thermometer goin. Over the past 2 days much growth has happened, and some that didnt look like they were gonna make it started to do ok...
I am going to turn the heating pad back on tonight, on level 1, to see if i can get the temp around 85F; 75F feels a bit too cold to the touch.

^----question about this one... the healthy one is on the right, and the questionable one is on the left. I am guessing this is bacteria, am i right?

and one more thing... one of the posters im working on of grateful dead using rasterbator (blows up pictures into HUGE printouts...)

(click for the original picture)

update: saturday july 17th
No pics but a quick update, i put like 6-7 jars that werent growing too much, and one that went back (in previous pic), in the bakcyard, so hopefully something will happen there... I'm going to birth one cake tonight since it was finished (maybe pics tomorrow), and the others should be done by next weekend.

update: sunday july 18th
Alright, Just put the first cake that finished into its own birthing chamber, lil moise perlite on the bottom, i dunked it for about 16 hour last night, then rolled it in vermiculite.
The heat in my room is pretty high, ill see what i can do about that (as you can see its about 86F just sittin here)... hopeflly the cake will be fine. The humidity is still rising, and should be up in the 90's in no time..
heres a couple pics.. just used a fishbowl...

update: July 29 Midnight
Quick picture update, i have 6 cakes in the fruiting chamber ATM, i let 5 of them dunk for like 3 days :blush: they are growing mycellenium, so i think theyre alright. THe one in the bottom left was the one in the pictures above, and it is now pinning since been put in the fruiting chamber. I'm skeptical about the humidity monitor on my  hygrometer, its been stayin at like 55% for the past few days and there is water droplets all on the top and sides of the bin.. so im gonna ignore that
anyways: picture

update: august 9th, 2004
well, it looks like this is a miserable grow.. but with the amount of space i had, i'm happy to have done it again, when i get in my apt next month, i'll be doing more spawns anyways, this one cake did really well...

as you can see the humidity thing is broken, but since i added a blacklight into the whole deal they sprouted up... as long as i get some prints ill be happy :smile:

update: august 10th
Other mushies popped up and finished, these are a lot thicker, and i tihnk are the other strain (lost track of the strains..) i think after these cakes start to die (which theyre probably doing now), im just gonna ave the other 7 cakes that i have that i havent birthed for the apartment, it should be a good way to start the new month...
anyways, pics:

August 17th
last update, i was not happy with the results i got after the time i put into it but oh well, better luck next month when i can focus on them more and have more space to work with...
i kept like 4-5 pint jars that im goingto use in like 4 weeks when i move into my apt. overall id say i got about a half oz total from the flushes... a dissapointing total flush but a good learnin expirence, and i got some nice prints, that ill be givin out in the free print thread when i move into the apt

till next update  :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

Edited by Anno (12/21/04 09:40 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineReject
Loc: L'ville
Re: Summer again! 24 hp jars.. brf/verm [B+/Mal/Creeper] [Re: tps]
    #2811716 - 06/20/04 08:33 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Hmm... this reminds me that I have 12 more jars to prepare... B+ and creeper.

I should get to work on that

--------------------
Any and all references to growing are completely facticious, all pictures shown unless specifically stated are stock photographs found via google image search.

Offlinetps
ganja ghanstah
 User Gallery

#2859938 - 07/05/04 11:32 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

self-bump :smile: updated

shroom on

--------------------

Offlinet3knology
33 threes

Loc: USA
    #2866188 - 07/07/04 08:10 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

you live in massachusetts by any chance?

--------------------
"If our Gods and our hopes are nothing but scientific phenomena, then let us admit it must be said that our love is scientific as well." - Mathias Villiers de l'Isle-Adam

Offlinetps
ganja ghanstah
 User Gallery

Re: Summer again! 24 hp jars.. brf/verm [B+/Mal/Creeper] [Re: t3knology]
    #2866900 - 07/07/04 11:37 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

t3knology said:
you live in massachusetts by any chance?

maybe.

--------------------

Offlinemidway
Stranger

#2868981 - 07/08/04 03:53 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Hey ive been thinking about using a heating pad myself, but i havent seen any teks for it. Any advice on that?

Offlinetps
ganja ghanstah
 User Gallery

Re: Summer again! 24 hp jars.. brf/verm [B+/Mal/Creeper] [Re: midway]
    #2869455 - 07/08/04 06:30 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

so far the heating pad has worked well, throughout all my grows. Ive never had a temperature guage, but i check the heat daily, and leave the setting on either 1 or 2, out of a possible 3.
it looks somewhat like
Code:

[][ ][] <-- jars
_[][_][]_ <-- jars on piece of cardboard
| | | | | | <-- wooden "stilts" so jars not directly touchingthe pad
[xxxxxxxxx] <-- heating pad

(yeah i know its a horrible picture)
and i have them all inside the bin, and the cord for the heating pad is going out a small hole in the back, ive then covered the top and sides of the bin with tin foil to retain heat.

--------------------

Offlinestargazer

Loc: Hell's theater
    #2869873 - 07/08/04 08:35 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

a good tek on the heating pad is to get a submersable heaterand then get two rubbermaid containers and one lid. then you'll need two baby food jars .place the heater and the empty baby food jars at the bottom of the first container. fill with water then just plug the seconed container ontop of it with the lid and boom you now have a temperture controlled incubator. just my 2 cents!!

Offlinetps
ganja ghanstah
 User Gallery

Re: Summer again! 24 hp jars.. brf/verm [B+/Mal/Creeper] [Re: stargazer]
    #2870742 - 07/09/04 12:20 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

ive looked into methods like this, and i must agree it is the way to go. and i look forward to doing it in the future. my only problem is limited space and other complications at the moment, starting in the fall i will have room to test out all that fun stuff. I appreciate the input, good to see some posts.

--------------------

Edited by tps (07/09/04 12:20 AM)

Offlinemidway
Stranger

#2873056 - 07/09/04 03:30 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

actually ive been looking for a dry alternative to the submersible heater..was thinking perhaps using the two bin method with a heating pad, ie, pad goes in the lower bin. Its probably not as energy efficient, but the temp in my place is generally pretty high and i dont use the A/C so im thinking about it.

Offlinetps
ganja ghanstah
 User Gallery

#2891122 - 07/14/04 09:02 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

self bump :smile:
updated again... have a contam question as you can see in the first post... is  this some kind of bacteria??

--------------------

Offlinebennjiii
benny
Loc: United States
    #2894147 - 07/15/04 07:11 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I have a similar issue with my jars, they look similar, but i think it is just the mycellium filling in the bottom of the brf/verm.

i am on my first grow so i have no idea but just a inclination.

OfflineLateForTheFuture
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

#2895568 - 07/16/04 01:37 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

ive looked into methods like this, and i must agree it is the way to go. and i look forward to doing it in the future. my only problem is limited space and other complications at the moment, starting in the fall i will have room to test out all that fun stuff. I appreciate the input, good to see some posts. 

Ah, I highly reccomend looking into it. I had great results with  this  same setup.

70 jars incubating, PES Hawaiian strain (about 1 - 1/2 weeks in):

Closer:

Good luck!  :wink:

Offlinetps
ganja ghanstah
 User Gallery

Re: Summer again! 24 hp jars.. brf/verm [B+/Mal/Creeper] [Re: LateForTheFuture]
    #2897051 - 07/16/04 03:01 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

wow 70 jars#! i plan to do this when i get back to college and have more room to work with. have you done 70 jars before? and whats your average yeild?

--------------------

OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: over there
    #2897133 - 07/16/04 03:23 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

haha thats so many jars.

OfflineQandA
wanderer

Re: Summer again! 24 hp jars.. brf/verm [B+/Mal/Creeper] [Re: Rebirtha]
    #2897511 - 07/16/04 05:03 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Just a recommendation, my foaf puts his heating pad on top of a rubbermaid container with the jars inside. This is more than adequate to heat your jars up. Dont ever put any weight on a heating pad. It can result in very bad things. imho

--------------------
I'm not crazy...crazy.

Offlinetps
ganja ghanstah
 User Gallery

Re: Summer again! 24 hp jars.. brf/verm [B+/Mal/Creeper] [Re: QandA]
    #2900470 - 07/17/04 07:17 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

i'll take this into consideration, as of now, the heating pad isnt even on since the past few weeks have been pretty humid, and the jars start at around 80F w/o the pad even being on. But for future grows if i use the heating pad i'll be sure to put it on top instead of bottom

and growlog updated

--------------------

Offlinetps
ganja ghanstah
 User Gallery

#2902816 - 07/18/04 04:34 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

bumpage... updated again, first birthed cake. the other ones will birth togethr (about 15) and will be put in a big bin.

--------------------

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #2903112 - 07/18/04 07:05 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Thats a waste, if you wanted lots of shrooms you could have just started 4 WBS jars and spawned to 5-10 gal of straw/manure and grown a good 8-12oz and spent far less time and money then paying for the 70 jars.

Invisiblesci33
AmbitiousScientist
Re: Summer again! 24 hp jars.. brf/verm [B+/Mal/Creeper] [Re: Gr0wer]
    #2903118 - 07/18/04 07:10 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Different strokes for different folks.

There are pros and cons for both methods :smile: .

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Grateful Dead, Humidity Meter, Hygrometer, Perlite, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation >> Mushroom Cultivation Archive >> Grow Logs